PDA

View Full Version : Is Floyd at the Top of our Draft List Now?

SF Dolphin Fan
03-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I know there's a chance that Justin Blackmon falls to #8, but that seems like a stretch. On the other hand, it seems like a real possibility that Michael Floyd will be there. Floyd is a guy I've been pushing even when Brandon Marshall was still on the team. Without Marshall this group of receivers won't scare any secondary and, honestly, would be among the worst in the league. Now that Marshall is gone there's a huge hole at wr and the only real impact player Miami has on offense is Reggie Bush. I know quarterback is the primary need, but hopefully the team will be able to get Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn in free agency. Yes, I'd like to address another position -- I really want Luke Kuechly -- but I do think Floyd could be a superstar in the NFL. Thoughts?

MiamiDolphin618
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
The talent is there...but Im not completely sold on him. He has had some off field issues and I dont think he is as polished enough at #8. Id prefer Wright...but I also think 8 is pretty high for him. If we want a WR in round one I hope we trade down. Stephen Hill is an interesting late Rd 1 early Rd 2 guy for me. I am also pretty intrigued by several of the smaller/explosive receivers who would fit the WCO and be great a YAC. Guys like Ty Hilton and Joe Adams IMO could put up some big numbers and be dynamic playmakers but not big red zone targets. Coby Fleener would be a real nice red zone guy...and I also think Clay is going to get used to the endzone with the right QB.

Blake the great
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
I was getting ready to start a similar thread. But my question is are we even targeting Michael Floyd? He has character issues just like Brandon Marshall. which brings up another question did we trade Brandon Marshall because of his bad character or was it because he "didnt fit the system" as a WR (which I have a hard time believing).

So why would we get rid of one diva WR and go after another WR who has character issues?

TheWalrus
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
It would make about as much sense for the Dolphins to trade Brandon Marshall and then draft Michael Floyd as it would for Vikings to trade Adrian Peterson and turn around and draft Trent Richardson.

I don't think the OP realizes that imbedded within the Marshall trade is Philbin's philosophy that you don't need a #1 WR. Dan Henning had this same kind of idea. It'll be a committee, "go to the open guy," kind of approach. The Dolphins will more than likely draft a WR at some point in the draft. It would surprise me if they didn't. But a guy in the 1st? I don't see that in the slightest.

Roman529
03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
The only WR worth taking with the 8th overall pick would be Blackmon.

I think we would be better off trading down and then if we acquire a another second rounder we can either take a WR, or maybe a QB like Weeden if he is still on the board. I am not sure whether Cleveland would take Tannehill or not, or maybe Seattle if they cannot sign Flynn (Flynn is in Seattle today from what I heard). We should have a much better idea after free agency is over to see what our main needs are.

JC
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Trading down is the best option, in my opinion.

-=DolfanDave=-
03-15-2012, 06:12 PM
I really hope the fins draft Ted Ginn III with their first round pick

SF Dolphin Fan
03-15-2012, 10:50 PM
I was getting ready to start a similar thread. But my question is are we even targeting Michael Floyd? He has character issues just like Brandon Marshall. which brings up another question did we trade Brandon Marshall because of his bad character or was it because he "didnt fit the system" as a WR (which I have a hard time believing).

So why would we get rid of one diva WR and go after another WR who has character issues?Floyd would have to prove that his DUI's are a thing of the past. I do think he's a team player, though, unlike Brandon Marshall. I like the way he blocks on running plays so I don't view him as selfish. That said, I do tend to agree that Miami won't take the chance.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Trading down is the best option, in my opinion.Depends on who the Dolphins have targeted. A trade down could work. I could definitely see Miami moving down and maybe taking Courtney Upshaw or Coby Fleener, who would be a great fit with this offense. I saw Fleener as a late first rounder, but CK's mock had him going number 11.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-15-2012, 10:54 PM

I think we would be better off trading down and then if we acquire a another second rounder we can either take a WR, or maybe a QB like Weeden if he is still on the board. I am not sure whether Cleveland would take Tannehill or not, or maybe Seattle if they cannot sign Flynn (Flynn is in Seattle today from what I heard). We should have a much better idea after free agency is over to see what our main needs are.I get the feeling that Ryan Tannehill is the guy Miami would most want to have if they miss on Peyton Manning. But they may also feel that they have to get Matt Flynn or risk losing all quarterback options. Anyway, Tannehill is definitely in play I would think.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Floyds character issues are much different than Marshall. Floyd was a college kid and made a few mistakes. I'm like two years younger than Floyd and I do dumb ****. Marshall was a grown *** man and he beat women. Big difference.

endorPHINS72
03-15-2012, 11:53 PM

I think we would be better off trading down and then if we acquire a another second rounder we can either take a WR, or maybe a QB like Weeden if he is still on the board. I am not sure whether Cleveland would take Tannehill or not, or maybe Seattle if they cannot sign Flynn (Flynn is in Seattle today from what I heard). We should have a much better idea after free agency is over to see what our main needs are.

Not true. Blackmon is ok, but I really see him as a smaller Roy Williams.

mmikel30
03-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Not true. Blackmon is ok, but I really see him as a smaller Roy Williams.Blackmon is more like Anquan Boldin

footsteps_falco
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Blackmon is more like Anquan Boldin

or hakeem nicks or a demaryius thomas

SMadison29
03-16-2012, 11:05 AM
The talent is there...but Im not completely sold on him. He has had some off field issues and I dont think he is as polished enough at #8. Id prefer Wright...but I also think 8 is pretty high for him. If we want a WR in round one I hope we trade down. Stephen Hill is an interesting late Rd 1 early Rd 2 guy for me.

Floyd is a lot more polished than Hill. Hill's route tree includes one number, the 9. As for Floyd's off field issues, he's a college kid that drinks. Though I don't condone that, since I've never drank in my life, it's hardly going out & constantly getting arrested for domestic abuse or assault & battery in public.