PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we really are going to build rough the draft.

mrbunglez
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
With no big name hirings in FA it sure does look like Philbin wants to build his team through the draft. Question: werent we just a QB away from being a title team as per Ross? I am really starting to believe that Tannehill is the guy they're eyeing.

mrbunglez
03-15-2012, 04:02 PM
It's supposed to say "Through" not "rough" friggen auto correct BS.

metallico
03-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Yup. Looks like we're in rebuilding mode, again. I hope we do better this time. Tannehill's not the guy. Not yet, anyway. I hope we don't reach.

SkapePhin
03-15-2012, 04:07 PM

A "rough" draft is probably what it will be...

:(

mrbunglez
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
If Philbin and Sherman believe Tannehill can be the guy I'm putting my faith in them......for at least 1-2 yrs then if this experiment fails after that, I'm going to bitch like a pimp who didn't get his cash.

mrbunglez
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
a "rough" draft is probably what it will be...

lol!

mrhankey81701
03-15-2012, 04:10 PM
I expect Tannehill to be drafted in the first round, assuming we don't sign Flynn. It seems like the market for Flynn was lighter than expected, no one seems willing to hand him a starting job. Look for this to be an offense heavy draft for us.

SmokyFin
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Why is it just because we trade a thug WR for 2 third round picks that we're in a rebuilding mode? Holes will be filled and even if Moore remains the qb this season we'll be much improved over last year.

SkapePhin
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM

A "rough" draft is probably what it will be...

metallico
03-15-2012, 04:13 PM
If Philbin and Sherman believe Tannehill can be the guy I'm putting my faith in them......for at least 1-2 yrs then if this experiment fails after that, I'm going to bitch like a pimp who didn't get his cash.

Lol. Good point! Sherman knows him as well as anyone.

mrbunglez
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't think they're rebuilding I just think Philbin wants his own players young who will listen and buy into his system. He wants to mold a culture of football in his own image and what better way then to get a kid fresh out of college to start a cult.

swityak11
03-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Remember when they started "building through the draft" when Parcells left? Good times.

Blake the great
03-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah I mentioned in another thread that I dont believe Ross wants us to go after Flynn, especially if Flynn is demanding a lot of money. Philbin may think highly of Flynn but I really think Ross is telling him no cause he doesnt like the idea of bringing in another backup to be our starter. Some of you will say Ross shouldnt be making football decisions and I agree, should he? NO. Can he? yes, we've seen him pull the plug on the Kyle Orton deal last year. He'll probably do the same with Flynn, regardless of what Philbin thinks or says, Ross is stubborn.

I think Ross is slowly turning into Al Davis/jerry jones, and make more football decisions. He loves the big name celeberities (J-lo, Mark Anthony, Fergie) and big name players/coaches (Reggie Bush, Peyton Manning, Jeff Fisher, Jim harbaugh) He went out of his way to try to bring Harbaugh in here when we still had Sparano (that was pretty dirty)

Knowing how stubborn Ross is, read this article and let me know if it sounds like he would want to bring in a guy like Matt Flynn as our "franchise QB"
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/17/2457616/miami-dolphins-a-franchise-in.html

All that being said, we know Mike Sherman thinks highly of Tannehill, I believe Ross is more on board with that simply because it looks better than bringing in a back up QB (flynn). And by drafting a QB in the 1st round it might help to get some fans a little more excited thus selling more tickets. After all, dont most teams find their franchise QB through the draft? and I think thats Ross's mentality right now if we can not get Peyton Manning. Im not agreeing with it, just my opinion of what Ross is thinking.

Vaark
03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah I mentioned in another thread that I dont believe Ross wants us to go after Flynn, especially if Flynn is demanding a lot of money. Philbin may think highly of Flynn but I really think Ross is telling him no cause he doesnt like the idea of bringing in another backup to be our starter. Some of you will say Ross shouldnt be making football decisions and I agree, should he? NO. Can he? yes, we've seen him pull the plug on the Kyle Orton deal last year. He'll probably do the same with Flynn, regardless of what Philbin thinks or says, Ross is stubborn.

I think Ross is slowly turning into Al Davis/jerry jones, and make more football decisions. He loves the big name celeberities (J-lo, Mark Anthony, Fergie) and big name players/coaches (Reggie Bush, Peyton Manning, Jeff Fisher, Jim harbaugh) He went out of his way to try to bring Harbaugh in here when we still had Sparano (that was pretty dirty)

Knowing how stubborn Ross is, read this article and let me know if it sounds like he would want to bring in a guy like Matt Flynn as our "franchise QB"
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/17/2457616/miami-dolphins-a-franchise-in.html

All that being said, we know Mike Sherman thinks highly of Tannehill, I believe Ross is more on board with that simply because it looks better than bringing in a back up QB (flynn). And by drafting a QB in the 1st round it might help to get some fans a little more excited thus selling more tickets. After all, dont most teams find their franchise QB through the draft? and I think thats Ross's mentality right now if we can not get Peyton Manning. Im not agreeing with it, just my opinion of what Ross is thinking.

I think it's Phiilbin's call and Flynn was discussed, dissected and deliberated on ad nauseum during Philbin's interviews with Ireland, Ross and probably Peterson. IMO there's no way Philbin would have agreed to the job if not assured the kind of latitude to bring in the QB with whom he's most familiar if he thought he could fulfill his offensive vision. Now Peyton is an unusual situation that you really do have to pursue, at least up to a point, but beyond that, if Flynn does not receive a Phins offer, IMO it says more about, and has much more to do with what Philbin thinks of Flynn than any real or imagined intervention by the owner.

Blake the great
03-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I think it's Phiilbin's call and Flynn was discussed, dissected and deliberated on ad nauseum during Philbin's interviews with Ireland, Ross and probably Peterson. IMO there's no way Philbin would have agreed to the job if not assured the kind of latitude to bring in the QB with whom he's most familiar if he thought he could fulfill his offensive vision. Now Peyton is an unusual situation that you really do have to pursue, at least up to a point, but beyond that, if Flynn does not receive a Phins offer, IMO it says more about, and has much more to do with what Philbin thinks of Flynn than any real or imagined intervention by the owner.

When can we say that Philbin doesnt think highly of Matt Flynn? I think they should know by now that we have a unrealistic shot at Manning right now. I think if Philbin was sold on Flynn then he would be in Miami right now. I understand the need to go after Peyton, I would love to have him. But it doesnt look good for us right now and it doesnt look like we are moving forward with Flynn, whether its because of Ross or because Philbin doesnt think much of Flynn

Gonzoasnytch1
03-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Why is it just because we trade a thug WR for 2 third round picks that we're in a rebuilding mode? Holes will be filled and even if Moore remains the qb this season we'll be much improved over last year.
Sweet picture and quote bro, those are the types of players were missing. Men.

iwastherein72
03-15-2012, 11:57 PM
I have yet to see any compelling evidence that they have Flynn OR Tannehill OR ANY offensive skill-position player targeted. The 3 FA signings so far are BOTTOM FEEDERS. Junk no one else wants. I am expecting more of the same. The Peter Principle with ireland says he will draft linemen, linemen, linemen, defense.

He DOES NOT WANT a skilled, talented offense here. They COST too much.

They want to win CHEAP and UGLY, if they even do actually care about winning at all.

There is no plan to move up to take Tannehill (which will be necessary). They will allow him to be gone before we pick and then say they had no choice but to draft riley reiff. They will even let Cousins or Weeden slip between their fingers.

Today's FA developments tell me all I need to know about this front office.

fishbanger
03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Giants build thru the draft and GB does too. Look how many pass rushers they have drafted (Not thru FA).

SebasMiamiFan
03-16-2012, 12:38 AM
The best teams build through the draft. How often do you see the elite teams like the Patriots or Packers make a splash?

JerryD
03-16-2012, 12:44 AM

Sub-.500 teams are in rebuilding mode ... no matter how much lipstick you put on that pig ... its still a rebuild!!

So far, we'll be lucky to crack that .500 Mendoza line next year. Right now, we're worse!!

Trouble is the rebuild ... is starting to take as much time as the Cheops pyramid!! Gotta draft BETTER, WAAAAY BETTER!!

The Confessor
03-16-2012, 01:07 AM
The best teams build through the draft. How often do you see the elite teams like the Patriots or Packers make a splash?

Not to mention the Gints, and the stillers.

The JESTS, Redskins and Iggles all drive FA like Malibu Barbie at a BMW Dealership....and they all end up sucking because of it.

Patience...patience, patience.....

The Confessor
03-16-2012, 01:09 AM

IIRC, Didn't Sherman move Tannehill to WR?

Just asking...... WR is probably his best position anyways.........