PDA

View Full Version : We Must Move Up For Ryan Tannehill...

A&O
03-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Comments?

oasis
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Even taking him at #8 is ridiculous.  Now we're going to lose more picks?  No way.

Vertical Limit
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
**** that, isn't Landry Jones still on the board? Get him in the second round.

daniel3
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
If we wouldn't move up for RG3, why the heck would we for Tannehill? Also I'm pretty sure Landy Jones went back to school.

Harry_Bagpipe
03-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Amazing how every year these qbs soar up the boards due to qb desperate teams. A couple of months ago he was a mid 2nd round pick. Now we have to trade up from 8? Lol

ROADRUNNER
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
no we dont, bpa and it's not Tannehill...................

Old Timer
03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
**** that, isn't Landry Jones still on the board? Get him in the second round.

Ummmm, he opted to stay in school......

silverfin
03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
We're getting Matt Flynn

fishfanmiami
03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
No way. BPA or trade down.

SQuinn17
03-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Ryan Tannehill is pretty far off from a 1st round QB, yet alone a top 10 QB.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm intrigued by Tannehill and I have no problem with us taking him at #8, but trading up? No.

rev kev
03-15-2012, 08:55 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DeathStar
03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
He is a 3-4th round pick at best...and a project...

He is a Henne Clone...

As many people have said already, BPA or trade down...But Tannehill at 8th would be a ****ing disaster...There are alot of awesome players in this draft in the top 10...

retarmyfinfan
03-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Forget wasting draft picks. If anything trade down and get more.

Mogwai
03-15-2012, 10:02 PM
He is a 3-4th round pick at best...and a project...

He is a Henne Clone...

As many people have said already, BPA or trade down...But Tannehill at 8th would be a ****ing disaster...There are alot of awesome players in this draft in the top 10...He's not much like Henne. Infinitely more athletic.

It seems outrageous to be left in a spot where our only option to bring in a QB is moving up from 8 for Tannehill. That's just a bizarre offseason.

Myles Fynch
03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Trade up to #3 and flip it on draft day.

PJack
03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Way to raw to move up or even pick him at 8 for that matter. Can live with a trade down if he's there in there in the mid teens. Otherwise roll with Moore and wait until next year where there could be 4 maybe up to 6 first round QB's. Don't see the point of reaching for a project QB that probably should sit for 2-3 years.

greasyObnoxious
03-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Ummmm, he opted to stay in school......

then again, we're talking about Jeff Ireland....

kwitt
03-15-2012, 11:36 PM
And yet people around here still think Washington paid too much for RG3. LMAO They are set. We are screwed.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Much rather take Flynn.

BillsFanInPeace
03-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't know. To be honest as a outside fan looking in and I know you all might hate this.

But I think you can win with Moore. And take someone like Cousins in 2nd or another QB later to develop behind Moore.

Again outside looking in I just think you need to give Moore some weapons and Mia can win with him. I saw enough flashes with his game.

endorPHINS72
03-15-2012, 11:47 PM
I am really not sold on Tannehill. He is raw beyond belief and that's a HELL of a gamble to take with the #8 pick in the draft. If we're serious about offense, then we go Michael Floyd at #8. He is a playmaker that comes up big in big games.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Much rather take Flynn.

endorPHINS72
03-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I don't know. To be honest as a outside fan looking in and I know you all might hate this.

But I think you can win with Moore. And take someone like Cousins in 2nd or another QB later to develop behind Moore.

Again outside looking in I just think you need to give Moore some weapons and Mia can win with him. I saw enough flashes with his game.

BFIP - You must be so psyched about Mario Williams! He just made your entire defense IMMENSELY better. He and Jake Long are going to have some battles reminiscent of Bruce Smith going against Richmond Webb.

The Confessor
03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
If we pick Tannehill at all, even in the 3rd round, I will NOT watch Pro Football another season.

Move up for him? Really? Are you F-in serious about this???????

ahmilli
03-16-2012, 03:03 AM
I'd rather take Flynn, just my opinion. Taking him at 8 is very iffy!

floridafin
03-16-2012, 03:06 AM
I would like the fins to get Courtney Upshaw , we need a little more pass rush so the pats can't have all day to pass.Tannehill is good but not in a class with luck. He is more in the class of Flynn.

Krush
03-16-2012, 06:01 AM
You guys love big names, this team does not have the cap space to go get everybody on the market, and i bet you will still complain, I'm sick of all of this whining, whah!!!!!!!!! jeff ireland, joe philben and who ever else you find time to cry about. Support the team at all cost I want a competitive team but crying and whining all the _ _ _ _ time isn't going to help.

Krush
03-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Good then go shoot marbles.

Krush
03-16-2012, 06:08 AM
Trade down isn't an option unless you are going to get guys who actually going to be given a chance to compete because they are already up against the cap, miami team is already young and bringing in younger players doesn't mean that we are reloading it means we are rebuilding.

Hurricane_Shula
03-16-2012, 06:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ztfLyAQZQ

buxster07
03-16-2012, 06:19 AM
no to tannehill
sign us 1 flynn
draft 1 wr
find 1 de
2 turtle doves
and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Buff
03-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Tannehill at 8. Yes I would.

I read some of these posts and shake my head.

This organisation have been criticised over the years for not drafting a QB early in the 1st. Well, now we have the chance to either get Tannehill at 8 or trade up. Look at last years draft. People were clamoring for Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Mallett. The only one who has done anything in this league is Newton. Yet I think 75% of this board wrote him off as a freakish athelete with poor mechanics.

Fans got sick of '2nd round qb's' that the fins were picking or trading for. The list is long, and a sad list to be truthful, but if one of those players had worked out we wouldn et be in this situation. Well, we are. The chance is for us now to pick a qb at 8, or perhaps trade up for. If we dont, and we pick a DE, G, or non game changing player, and if Tannehill tears it up, then people will be calling for Ireland to be sacked & Ross to get out of town.

Now we hear calls to trade down & grab an extra second rounder and use that on a qb. We have been there. Facts tell us that many 2nd rounders, especially those that end up in Miami, fail miserably. Regardless of position.

I see what Ponder & Dalton had solid 1st years in the pros on what were thought to be average to rubbish teams. Yet they are probably the future for both franchises, and although most didnt rate them to be anything better than mid 2nd round picks at best, they have exceeded what the scouts and fans thought.

And this is why, being in the postion we are in, that we have to try & bag Tannehill. If we can get him at 8, then that would be great. To trade up for him to 4 will depend on what Flynn does. I think Flynn is the final piece in many teams puzzle for the QB spot. Cleveland, Seattle, us & maybe Arizona will on his list, and true he wasnt signed in the 1st day of FA like many expected, and yes his value has dropped, If he doesnt come here, then we take Tannehill at 8.

Could we wait till next year for Barkley or onyone of 6 or 7 other options as one other poster commented in this thread, but if we really are rebuilding, then Tannehill would be a nice place to start for the QB spot.

allsilverdreams
03-16-2012, 07:54 AM
im with the people here why trade up for a guy that is not any better than moore

Pitbull13
03-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Trade up for Tannehill? :shakeno: