PDA

View Full Version : How about this for a draft strategy?

mikefinfan
03-16-2012, 03:00 AM
I was thinking earlier, cuz I had a lot if time to think on my flight lol, that maybe we trade our number 8 pick so we can move back... basically swapping picks plus whatever team did the trade with us gives us their second too...this would give us many picks in this draft....then as the "big move" send our now late first round pick to Pittsburgh for mike Wallace...thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RocKStaR
03-16-2012, 03:02 AM
dont think it is possible. If we can hell ya im down.

Kdawg954
03-16-2012, 03:07 AM
I was thinking earlier, cuz I had a lot if time to think on my flight lol, that maybe we trade our number 8 pick so we can move back... basically swapping picks plus whatever team did the trade with us gives us their second too...this would give us many picks in this draft....then as the "big move" send our now late first round pick to Pittsburgh for mike Wallace...thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Two things:

I'm not sure if you can even trade a pick that isn't originally yours in terms of attempting to acquire an RFA

Also, you are gonna have to give Mike Wallace atleast Vincent Jackson money of 5 years and 55 million. Does Miami wanna do that?

Not to mention the Steelers can still match any contract we offer.

oasis
03-16-2012, 03:12 AM
We can't afford Mike Wallace's contract - will basically be like Brandon Marshall's ($10M/yr).

JCane
03-16-2012, 03:14 AM
We should punt.

mikefinfan
03-16-2012, 03:26 AM
it was just a thought... been thinking a lot lately, because something needs to be done...cant say I'm angry about the marshall trade anymore... he's a dirt ball obviously, so I've moved on from that.... just thinking of the different options we have

Kdawg954
03-16-2012, 03:34 AM
it was just a thought... been thinking a lot lately, because something needs to be done...cant say I'm angry about the marshall trade anymore... he's a dirt ball obviously, so I've moved on from that.... just thinking of the different options we have

I feel ya man, we wen't from being a Peyton Manning away from multiple Super Bowls (atleast the playoffs :lol:) to blowing for Barkley and being 4th in the AFC East literally overnight.

The key is getting our QB situation figured out. We really can't proceed until that is fixed. If it is Matt Flynn and Matt Moore next year, so be it. If it is Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill, lets make it happen. If they like Weeden, thats cool too. We just have have some sort of plan, and I'm hopeful Philbin does.

Like I have been saying, the OLine isn't nearly as bad as people think it is . . . it improved tremendously by just getting Colombo off the team. The defense is still relatively strong and we resigned our big NT/DT Soliai and hopefully got our FS with Marshall. Yea a little situational pass rusher here, another CB for depth, another LB for depth . . . fill little holes here and there . . . we'll be fine. Once we get the QB, we can draft a few WR's and get the ball rolling.

mikefinfan
03-16-2012, 03:40 AM
I feel ya man, we wen't from being a Peyton Manning away from multiple Super Bowls (atleast the playoffs :lol:) to blowing for Barkley and being 4th in the AFC East literally overnight.

The key is getting our QB situation figured out. We really can't proceed until that is fixed. If it is Matt Flynn and Matt Moore next year, so be it. If it is Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill, lets make it happen. If they like Weeden, thats cool too. We just have have some sort of plan, and I'm hopeful Philbin does.

Like I have been saying, the OLine isn't nearly as bad as people think it is . . . it improved tremendously by just getting Colombo off the team. The defense is still relatively strong and we resigned our big NT/DT Soliai and hopefully got our FS with Marshall. Yea a little situational pass rusher here, another CB for depth, another LB for depth . . . fill little holes here and there . . . we'll be fine. Once we get the QB, we can draft a few WR's and get the ball rolling.

great post, pretty much what i was thinking...in all honesty, even after the marshall trade we aren't really in bad shape... we have a lot of picks in the draft... QB is the big need, and if its Flynn, count me in!!! tannehill? sure ill take it..and matt moore sure just as long as we have a plan to win

ITS!MATEO
03-16-2012, 04:10 AM
I rather trade back and pick up a younger cheaper Michael Floyd. Standing at 6'3 220 he would bring some size that we are now missing in our Wr group. Pretty polished too.