PDA

View Full Version : ITs so obvious that dolphins want Tannehill now

SeanSmith24
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Dolphins never really wanted flynn!!! I thin k the only reason why we even scheduled a visit from flynn is just so the seahawks can do whatever they have to do to sign matt flynn and not come in our way in this years draft. I think miami wants tannehill, maybe thats why there low balling flynn...anybody agree??

EvilDylan
03-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Maybe they haven't even made an offer since he hasn't even visited yet.

Wildbill3
03-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Not sure where you got that. I'm not even sure they are lowballing flynn.

dreday
03-16-2012, 03:05 PM
im not sure how much anyone knows for sure,so the answer to that would be who knows.cant trust the media to be 100% on anything.hell even half right.

oasis
03-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Tannehill's stock is soaring...everyone knows we will probably take him at #8, and Jax is shopping the #7 pick.  I won't be surprised if Tannehill goes before #8.  

J. David Wannyheimer
03-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Flynn *just* met with Seattle last night. Has he even met with us yet? Let him meet with us, then give it a day. If he still hasn't signed with us by then, then yeah, I think we're targeting Tannehill.

LikeUntoGod
03-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Dolphins never really wanted flynn!!! I thin k the only reason why we even scheduled a visit from flynn is just so the seahawks can do whatever they have to do to sign matt flynn and not come in our way in this years draft. I think miami wants tannehill, maybe thats why there low balling flynn...anybody agree??

No. Flynn has not come here yet and we have not made him a offer. I'm not sure why we would want to look even more lame as a smoke screen to draft Tannehill. Not to mention that Tannehill will not be there by our pick.

But if you do not consider these "facts", then maybe you are right.

NYPhinzFan
03-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't think this theory makes sense. Why would we have initial contract talks (feeler) and schedule a visit if our goal is to let Seattle sign him just so they can stay out of our way? Wouldn't it be easier just to let them sign him absent competition? Us getting involved is offering the Flynn camp some leverage to drive up the price for Seattle, making him less attractive.

I think they're sincerely interested in Flynn, but won't break the bank for him; which I commend Ireland for. No sense in us being the Cardinals of 2012; we've seen this movie before. I for one hope that we do sign Flynn, so we could use our 1st round pick on an impact player. I'm hoping we could trade back, pick up some extra picks and take Michael Floyd from Notre Dame. If things shake up this way, I'll be happy heading into mini-camps.

SnakeoilSeller
03-16-2012, 03:31 PM
The same people that say we are low balling Flynn are the same ones that said Fisher was a done deal for Miami. The same ones that said Joe Philbin was out of the running for HC. The same ones that said Miami is the front runner for Manning. The same ones that then said that Ross did not go to the Manning meeting. There source is some kid who sells pop corn in the stadium during the game. It is all bull ****.

Hayden Fox
03-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I got to be honest. I am not a Tannehill guy as he emerged as a top ten pick. Yuck.

DphinBillkiller
03-16-2012, 03:39 PM
There are enough rumors and speculation to support almost any theory thus far I suppose.

Ed Norton
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't think this theory makes sense. Why would we have initial contract talks (feeler) and schedule a visit if our goal is to let Seattle sign him just so they can stay out of our way? Wouldn't it be easier just to let them sign him absent competition? Us getting involved is offering the Flynn camp some leverage to drive up the price for Seattle, making him less attractive.

I'll attempt my own conspiracy theory which doesn't mean anything. If they wanted Seattle to sign him I think they have to act interested becuase Philbin was his former coach. If they think Philbin thinks he sucks they have to step back and say screw this let's draft somebody. At least that's what I think, Seattle thinks, Miami thinks.

Elliott 1
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
What the Dolphins really want is Brandon Weeden in the 2nd round.

For the Dolphins to be satisfied that can happen, the Browns and Seahawks need to make QB moves before the Dolphins pick at #8.

Otherwise the Dolphins will have to use the #8 on Weeden, and that wouldn't be a reach IMO, but it would be far more efficacious to be able to spend the 1st rounder trading down or on Luke Kuechly or both, or even on a WR; however I don't see value at WR other than Blackmon until Hill in the 20's or Childs in the late 2nd or 3rd round.

DOLFANMIKE
03-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Flynn *just* met with Seattle last night. Has he even met with us yet? Let him meet with us, then give it a day. If he still hasn't signed with us by then, then yeah, I think we're targeting Tannehill.Or Weeden

IHearJimi
03-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Flynn's agent has gone to the media afterhe saw the market for his client was not as hot as he assumed.

phinzfan21
03-16-2012, 04:12 PM
No Flynn??....yeah, then I'll take Weeden. Probably prefer him anyway.

allsilverdreams
03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
will he get past the browns?if seahawks sign flynn who is left to trade up and get tannehill?

Tureo
03-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't think Tanney is any better than the guy we passed up in the 3rd last year. IMO

LikeUntoGod
03-16-2012, 05:08 PM
By the time Weedon is NFL ready he will be almost P Manning's age........(he is 29 now)

I'd draft Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State

ITS!MATEO
03-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I got to be honest. I am not a Tannehill guy as he emerged as a top ten pick. Yuck.

This^^

I was ok with the thought of trading down to pick the guy up, but at #8? No way. He has way too many question marks to make him the 8th pick of the 2012 draft and honestly I don't think Ireland would make that pick seeing as he tends to pick with value over talent. I know some might not agree but I rather stack up on Wr/Te (Deep Wide out draft) and roll with Moore, a Vet and a rookie this year.

Noodleman
03-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Wow some of you have TOO much time on your hands. Its like reading the enquirer. I agree with those that think Tannehill is not the answer. No way he is worth a top 10 pick. I pray that Cleveland drafts him or someone trades up ahead of us to draft him. Cmon ppl I want a qb as bad as anyone but how can you possibly rationlize drafting Tannehill with that high a pick and be ok with that? So any of you complain about how bad the gm is, yet you are ok with reaching just cause he is a qb?

fishbanger
03-16-2012, 06:32 PM
If we dont sign Flynn then QB will be a high draft pick.

OrlandoFin
03-16-2012, 06:41 PM
What the Dolphins really want is Brandon Weeden in the 2nd round.

For the Dolphins to be satisfied that can happen, the Browns and Seahawks need to make QB moves before the Dolphins pick at #8.

Otherwise the Dolphins will have to use the #8 on Weeden, and that wouldn't be a reach IMO, but it would be far more efficacious to be able to spend the 1st rounder trading down or on Luke Kuechly or both, or even on a WR; however I don't see value at WR other than Blackmon until Hill in the 20's or Childs in the late 2nd or 3rd round.

The problem with that is If Denver misses out on Manning they may look at Weeden in round 1.

Elliott 1
03-16-2012, 06:53 PM
The problem with that is If Denver misses out on Manning they may look at Weeden in round 1.

It's one thing to sell Peyton Manning to your fan base. It would be a completely different story for Denver to spend another 1st round pick on a QB after your enormously popular current QB took you to the playoffs.

Anything is possible, but that is really really unlikely to happen.

AdamC13
03-17-2012, 12:18 AM

Have watched too many conspiracy movies.