PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft 1.0

Nick13
03-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Round 1-Riley Reiff-OT Iowa
I'm assuming that Tannehill will be off the board at this point. If that is indeed the case, then I think a trade down for better value would make the most sense. Also, if Matt Flynn arrives via FA, protecting your new investment becomes a major priority. It's not a sexy pick that will excite a lot of people (tired of trench talk following the Sparano years), but if Tannehill is gone, options are limited and this fills a huge need.

Round 2-Tommy Streeter-WR-Miami
The fact that he's a bit raw I think will drop his stock a little bit, but the ability is there. He's got the speed to be an over the top threat and the size to be a big time red zone target. If he can put it all together and polish his route running, he could easily be a 2nd round steal for the Dolphins and give whoever our new QB is a serious weapon.

Round 3-Juron Criner-WR-Arizona
"Why no QB?" you ask? Well, by this point I think that Weeden is off the board (not to mention the fact that his age is scary), and I have serious doubts about Osweiler. The guy has ability, no doubt, but he lacks maturity and really should have stayed in school another year. He's a high risk high reward type of player at this point, and frankly, at the QB position, I'm all done with risk. On to Criner, he is VERY polished, had a great senior bowl, and is a big time redzone threat, but his slow 40 time will hurt him. He has the physicality of Brandon Marshall and is a great asset on jump balls as he'll overpower undersized DBs. Not a true and distinct 'No. 1 type' WR, but with the right complements around him (Streeter and Bess are the right complements) can give defenses serious headaches.

Round 3-Nick Foles-Arizona
Yes, I'm doubling up on the Arizona love. Foles is a very efficient QB, with a high completion percentage who does not turn the ball over very often. Pocket mobility/awareness and field vision are concerns, but both are 'fixable' problems. Has good arm strength and has a nice ball down field. Won't come in and be an immediate starter, but with a year or two to watch and learn, could iron out his game and become a very nice QB (probably not Pro Bowl status, but we're talking top 15 QB in the league). Doesn't 'fix' the problem at QB, but if Miami doesn't get Flynn in FA, I think they make a move early in the draft to acquire a QB. A QB trio of Moore, Flynn and Foles going into training camp is fairly comforting in my mind.

Round 4-Jonathan Massaquoi-OLB/DE-Troy
Crummy combine will drop his stock, but this defense needs someone with Massaquoi's versatility. Can be a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB, and is a pass rusher. Would probably get field time right away in passing rushing situations, which is solid value out of a 4th rounder.

Round 5-Michael Egnew-TE-Missouri
Inconsistency has plagued him, but produced well when Blaine Gabbert was throwing him the ball. Concerns about speed might have been assuaged at the combine when he ran 4.62. Egnew isn't a top drawer TE, but Fasano and Clay have both showed flashes last season. If both continue to progress, TE becomes less of a need.

Round 6- Carmen Messina-ILB-New Mexico
Guy is underweight, but is a tackling machine. Seasons of 162, 115 and 142 tackles under his belt. Hard to argue with production. Needs to add weight to be an NFL starter, but would provide solid depth in the mean time.

Round 7- Cordarro Law-DE/OLB-Southern Miss
Can never have too many pass rushers and Law is another one. Has a good motor and good size/speed combination. Strong Possibility to be a sleeper pick.

Miamifin23
03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
No thank you.... If we're taking any o-lineman there give me decastro, then turn around and try and get the best available wr in the 2nd, if one falls a bit maybe trade up a lil to go get one. We got screwed on value for Marshall, not only was he our biggest threat on offense but hes a big physical wr that don't come around too often. Finding a replacement is going to be harder then most think. I think a sleeper is Alshon Jeffrey, big wr that ran pretty good at the combine and was a BEAST at sc. If he had a qb his numbers would have been up there with Blackmon.

allsilverdreams
03-16-2012, 04:08 PM
time to trade down pick up another 2nd or 3rd.first round pick ur best wr on the board,second round i would take o line and a qb perhaps weeden or even foles.then we would have two 3rd rounders to draft another o lineman and ss.in the forth i would go de and trade our 5th and 6th to pick again in the 4th and would snag a te.7th round i would take another wr

2413fanphins
03-16-2012, 04:09 PM
No, on so many levels.

allsilverdreams
03-16-2012, 04:09 PM
that would b a nice draft ,very nice if the right players were picked.i dont care what their last names are i want players.but we must trade back no matter what.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
No, on so many levels.
Ditto

SebastianTheFin
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
I like the Reiff pick. Jake Long is the best player on the team- why not buttress the other end of the O-Line with another Big 10 stud? And it shouldn't shock you that I like the Streeter pick.

datruth55
03-16-2012, 08:58 PM
2nd round for Streeter? :bobdole: You must be a Cane fan...take off the orange and green glasses man, Streeter is not a 2nd rounder.

finfan54
03-16-2012, 10:54 PM
2nd round for Streeter? :bobdole: You must be a Cane fan...take off the orange and green glasses man, Streeter is not a 2nd rounder.

agreed. thinking 6th or 7th round. I think we looked at him per boomer/ck. Just looking for character and ability to be in system. At that area I could see us ending up with Mcnutt if still around and we looking for another reciever.

finfan54
03-16-2012, 10:55 PM
If we were to land Winston, no need for Reiff, DEcastro is my lock for right now with Kuchley. Just wonder what we would do with all these ILB's

JWA
03-17-2012, 02:36 AM
If the Rams are smart Reiff will be gone. Otherwise Bradford ends up in hospital or the morgue. If Reiff is there we should take him as tackle needs to be addressed. If he's gone, trade down and hope for DeCastro or Martin. If he's gone and we stay put, I prefer Ingram over Coples. Streeter is a big reach in rd 2. A receiver in rd 2 is doable, just not Streeter. Maybe Randle or Sanu. I don't mind Criner in 3rd if we don't go WR in rd 2. If we do go receiver in Rd 2 then we should spend one of those third round picks on a safety to groom behind Bell for a year. Maybe Harrison Smith. We need a guard to challenge Incognito. Maybe take take the local boy Washington, or maybe we take a college tackle like Massie and move him to guard. We do need a pass rusher. If we go OL in rd 1 what about someone like Cam Johnson in rd2. Then go WR and either S or OG. Nick Toon might be available in rd 3 if Criner is gone In rd 4 we go S or OG, whatever we didn't get in rd 3. Kevin Zeitler might be available in rd 3 as might Markelle Martin at safety. I hope Malik Jackson slips to rd4 or it could be Streeter time. Foles would be a good choice in rd 4 or rd 5. Your TE Green could also be a consideration in rd 4 or 5. If a CB like Casey Heyward or Donnie Fletcher fall to rd 5 or 6, I would take a flyer as at a minimum they can contribute on special teams until we can coach them up. Law in the 7th is a nice call. Just a dozen or different thoughts depending on what we do in rd 1. I would go OT or pass rusher first two rounds in some order and then relax and let the draft come to me.

Hamilton23
03-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Lol, I was just thinking that when I saw the Streeter pick. The kid has the speed, and size but is considered raw due to his route running ability.