PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget: Jags at draft#7 want to trade down too...

SuperDuper7
03-16-2012, 08:21 PM
A lot of people say, that we should trade down in the draft,
Fine.
But don't forget, that the Jaguars want to trade down too with their #7-pick. That will probable lower our price we can get...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/as-tannehills-stock-rises-jaguars-would-like-to-trade-down/

And the Bucs also said, that they maybe trade down at #5... (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/as-tannehills-stock-rises-jaguars-would-like-to-trade-down/)

TPD1479
03-16-2012, 08:37 PM
forget trading down have to go for Blackmon or Llyod whoever we have rated higher, and pray we sign Winston..

LANGER72
03-16-2012, 08:41 PM
If Seattle wants Tannehill, they can take the bait and trade with Jacksonville. Let them. Bluff them into moving up.
The more QB's that are taken in front of us, the more play maker talent we will have available for our #8 pick.
Without an alpha uber QB(Manning), picking Richardson would definitely move the chains in combination with Bush.
We will need the running game if the WCO sputters.

Valandui
03-16-2012, 09:19 PM
If Seattle wants Tannehill, they can take the bait and trade with Jacksonville. Let them. Bluff them into moving up.
The more QB's that are taken in front of us, the more play maker talent we will have available for our #8 pick.
Without an alpha uber QB(Manning), picking Richardson would definitely move the chains in combination with Bush.
We will need the running game if the WCO sputters.
Yet still no QB.

LANGER72
03-16-2012, 09:27 PM
We should take what the draft is offering and not reach or over pay for 2nd round talent(Tannehill).
Face it, there are no more franchise QB's available for us this year.
We should take TRich if he is there, or trade down.
Package some picks to grab Barkley or Jones next year.
This season, let Matt Moore run the offense. He did a pretty good job.
TRich, add a couple of new receivers, and see what happens.
Add the final pieces next year.

datruth55
03-16-2012, 09:30 PM
If we sign Flynn the value of the #7 pick goes to zero. Carolina's not taking him, Buffalo won't take him, Kansas City isn't taking him and he falls right to Seattle at #12 if they want him.

silverfin
03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I wonder how much it'd cost us to jump up to #5 ahead of STL on draft day if Blackmon falls to five and if the Bucs are willing to trade it. There is a chance Cleveland takes Tannehill or Richardson.

datruth55
03-16-2012, 09:34 PM
I wonder how much it'd cost us to jump up to #5 ahead of STL on draft day if Blackmon falls to five and if the Bucs are willing to trade it. There is a chance Cleveland takes Tannehill or Richardson.
Are we a WR away from making it to the super bowl?

silverfin
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Are we a WR away from making it to the super bowl?

No but I think we will sign Matt Flynn and look to get our replacement for BMarsh early in the draft

SuperDuper7
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM

I guess, that would be at the end Ross' decision. If he will see in Blackmon the promised big splash, maybe he will say: Go for him.

datruth55
03-16-2012, 09:45 PM
No but I think we will sign Matt Flynn and look to get our replacement for BMarsh early in the draft
Don't think we'll look for our replacement for Marshall early in the draft and certainly not in a trade up when we still need to fix the right side of the O-line, get a pass rusher, possibly a free safety and possibly a weakside linebacker and a DE on top of a WR. My guess is we'll look for a WR in the 2nd and 3rd round and try to get our pass rusher or RT (after a trade down) in the first.

fishbanger
03-16-2012, 09:47 PM
WRs are a dime a dozen. Philben does not want an Alpha receiver. He wants 4 Betas.