PDA

View Full Version : From Boomer- Miami Schedules Private workout with Jayron Hosley

ChambersWI
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Jayron Hosley Is a junior CB/S from Virginia Tech. Had a huge sophomore year with 9 INTs.

Even with the signing of Richard Marshall, it's a guy worth paying attention to. Another FS/CB guy whose very physical. And going by what the Cincy defense was like (and even Green Bay's) they use A LOT of different secondary players.

MiamiDolphin618
03-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Jayron Hosley Is a junior CB/S from Virginia Tech. Had a huge sophomore year with 9 INTs.

Even with the signing of Richard Marshall, it's a guy worth paying attention to. Another FS/CB guy whose very physical. And going by what the Cincy defense was like (and even Green Bay's) they use A LOT of different secondary players.
They are trying to find someone who can be a ballhawk back there

ckparrothead
03-17-2012, 12:49 AM
They also had Zach Brown for a private visit.

MiamiDolphin618
03-17-2012, 12:54 AM
They also had Zach Brown for a private visit.
Thats interesting to me. To me he is strictly a 4-3 OLB and Im not overly impressed with him anyways.

Elliott 1
03-17-2012, 01:43 AM
I would definitely look to draft Mychal Kendricks before Zach Brown. Kendricks is short but he is far more versatile and from what I have seen, he has more pass rush/blitz potential than Brown.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-17-2012, 01:57 AM
They also had Zach Brown for a private visit.I love his music. All kidding aside, Brown is pretty interesting if he's there in round 2.

FINMAN13
03-17-2012, 02:02 AM
When we signed Marshall... I thought there was no way this team would think about drafting him. I have seen a lot of mocks with him in the lower 2nd round. But I think him and RB David Wilson both will be gone by the 45th pick.

He is a ballhawk and has closing speed that most DB's dream about. His vision and quickness allow him to make plays that can change a game. He might be a too bit aggressive at times, but experience will help him tone that down. I think the Giants will select him in the 1st round! Their DL rush will feed him INT's and they are thin a CB to say the least.

I think this draft has 3 players at the CB position that could be great players.

Morris Claiborne
Dre Kirkpatrick
Jayron Hosley
No chance for Claiborne! (Top 5)
Dre will be picked anywhere from (10-19) in the 1st.
Jayron will be picked late in the first or early in the second.

I would love to see him, VD and Smith as our top 3 guys. It would not surprise me at all to see him start out as our NB, but by the end of the season or start of next season be our #2 at worst. That is saying a lot b/c I have faith that Sean Smith will improve. He gets a lot of heat from fans here and I think it is a bit overdone.

I hope they plan on using Marshall as a multiple purpose type player. If the draft or FA does not yield a FS then let him fight it out as the starter. But if we do sign a better option as FS then...my dream of Jayron wearing a Fins uni probably will not happen. :(

I know he does not get the scouts talking like some of the other CB's. I know that scouts know more than I do... But damn fellas I really think he will be a special type of player that teams will wish they had taken early in the 1st!

My fear is that Jayron will go to the Pats and David Wilson to the Jets... That would suck to see them blossom on those teams!!!

kcbrown
03-17-2012, 06:49 PM
thanks for the info guys

Pitbull13
03-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Would love Claiborne but, Kirkpatrick WILL NOT be a Dolphin with his off the field issues.

Kdawg954
03-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Jayron Hosley would be so ideal in the nickel and as our punt returner. He probably won't be there in the third, but I think he can be had with our 2nd round pick.

Seriously if Miami could take their 4 picks in the first 3 rounds and come up with Michael Floyd, Coby Fleener and Jayron Hosley . . . I would be a happy, happy camper.

Fin Thirteen
03-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Prefer Curry or better still Mercilus in tHe second than Zach Brown.

Geforce
03-18-2012, 12:35 PM
The people at Sport Science did a nice segment on Jayron last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4yWAOqviFY&feature=related

FINMAN13
03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
That was a cool vid thanks...

Love his closing speed on the ball. It's a good thing I am not a GM. I would draft him in the 1st round and consider him to be 1 of the Top 3 CB's in this deep class.

Some team is going to get a good rookie and a future pro bowl CB. He can return punts as well... Damn hate the signing of Marshall. I just don't see the Fins drafting this guy, but I want them to so badly. VD and Hosley would be another great tandem in the NFL for years.