PDA

View Full Version : My Miami Mock Draft

kvado16
03-17-2012, 12:23 AM
1.) QB Ryan Tannehill- Has a lot of upside.
2.) WR Alshon Jeffery's- Great receiver, who makes tall catches, and is a big target to replace Brandon Marshall.
3.) WR Tommy Streeter- Another big target who is 6'5 and has a fast 40.
3.) TE Ladarius Green- really athletic tight end who resembles Jermichael Finley (IMO).
4.) OLB/DE Jonathan Massaquoi- Came from Troy, same school Demarcus Ware came from and was a sack machine in college.
5.) S Brandon Taylor
6.) OG Ryan Miller
7.) QB Jacory Harris (Joke) (Or might happen) (Doubt it)

Be sure to leave behind feedback and let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

next-year
03-17-2012, 12:31 AM
nothing against you man but noo wayyy.

I like the Ladarius Green pick but thats about it.

Elle Clouds
03-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Yuk at Jacory and Tannehill @ 8. Trade back and get more picks since we are rebuilding

JWA
03-17-2012, 01:22 AM
We need to address the O line no later than the 2nd round.

datruth55
03-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Can someone explain why Alshon Jeffery, who played his season at 240 and then dropped down to 219 for the combine, didn't run at the combine? He was completely healthy and didn't run or do any of the drills? Seems to me he's looking for his fat pay day and then will get lazy and not compete.

MiamiDolphin618
03-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Can someone explain why Alshon Jeffery, who played his season at 240 and then dropped down to 219 for the combine, didn't run at the combine? He was completely healthy and didn't run or do any of the drills? Seems to me he's looking for his fat pay day and then will get lazy and not compete.
Is he going to run at his pro day? (If he hasnt already had it)

datruth55
03-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Is he going to run at his pro day? (If he hasnt already had it)
Don't know. South Carolina's pro day is the 28th.

kvado16
03-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Yea I would of thought so too, but from the looks of it we're addressing our O-Line through free agency, especially if we sign Winston.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-17-2012, 10:33 AM
The more I read about a lukewarm market form Matt Flynn, the more I feel like Ryan Tannehill is the Dolphins target in the 1st. I look for Flynn to sign a short-term deal and if Tannehill is there at #8 he's a Dolphins. If Tannehill is gone look for Kirk Cousins in round 2.

The Confessor
03-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Almost every single pick is a round too high. Tannehill might be 2 rounds too high.

I do have to say, both Massequoi intrigue me, and the latter might actually fit in our new defensive alignment very very well. Very versatile....but I still think that 4th is too high. Just too much missing from his game at this point.....of course, I thought the same thing about JPP before the Gints took him as well.....

kvado16
03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Especially w/ Flynn signing in Seattle today I think its increasingly likely Tannehill is our pick at #8. We shouldnt be scared to take our guy if hes there when we pick, we've done that in the past and it hasnt worked out too great for us.

The Confessor
03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Tell you what, go watch some film on Tannehill and then get back to me.

If we pick him with the #8, we have drafted him at least one round, and more likely 2 rounds too high.

2413fanphins
03-18-2012, 07:54 PM
regardless of what the film says if tannehill is there guy, they will take him at 8 or lose him. only way this doesn't happen is if cleveland drafts him, which one would than have to wonder about weeden in the 2nd, since most of the qb starved teams will have filled the need.

hell at this point I would have tried for freakin brady quinn or somebody if nothing else. how is it we are everybody's last option?

The Confessor
03-18-2012, 07:57 PM
regardless of what the film says if tannehill is there guy, they will take him at 8 or lose him. only way this doesn't happen is if cleveland drafts him, which one would than have to wonder about weeden in the 2nd, since most of the qb starved teams will have filled the need.

hell at this point I would have tried for freakin brady quinn or somebody if nothing else. how is it we are everybody's last option?

With all due respect, this is like saying a quarter is worth 25 cents because it's a quarter of a dollar.
Of course they will go after Tannehill with their pick if he is their man. Why wouldn't they? I am just saying, don't be upset when it doesnt happen. There is a very very good reason he was #3 on Sherman's depth chart with 2 other very mediocre QB's at A&M. He has not progressed since Sherman left A&M......

kvado16
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
With all due respect, this is like saying a quarter is worth 25 cents because it's a quarter of a dollar.
Of course they will go after Tannehill with their pick if he is their man. Why wouldn't they? I am just saying, don't be upset when it doesnt happen. There is a very very good reason he was #3 on Sherman's depth chart with 2 other very mediocre QB's at A&M. He has not progressed since Sherman left A&M...... Haha I like the analogy but I'd have to disagree on that, and its not like Tannehill did bad in college he performed well and people rave about his skillset, so I dont see him as a bad player, but I'm just saying lets just take the shot for once and if he sucks then at least we tryed, there isnt ever a qb that is a surefire thing unless we're talking about Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning.

The Confessor
03-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Haha I like the analogy but I'd have to disagree on that, and its not like Tannehill did bad in college he performed well and people rave about his skillset, so I dont see him as a bad player, but I'm just saying lets just take the shot for once and if he sucks then at least we tryed, there isnt ever a qb that is a surefire thing unless we're talking about Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning.

Actually, he really didn't do very well in College...his one and only year of playing QB that is. He was a good, not great, WR. The entire A&M team struggled, and he was at the very forefront. They started the season ranked top 10? 7 or 8 I believe, they ended up top 30........in a year when neither Oklahoma nor Texas were worth a crap. The lone strong point was actually the O-line in front of Tannehill, and he still was far from stellar and didn't face nearly the defenses he will see in the Pro's.

Some people rave about him, but mostly people that haven't seen him play. Go watch some youtube or tape if you have it. He has TONS of flaws in his game. Perhaps some can be coached, but do you really want a kid that played more WR than QB in college, then flailed terribly when he did play QB at the #8 overall?

kvado16
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I see your points but I mean you can argue that he's a better qb prospect than the ones that were around last year such as Ponder, or Gabbert. Like I said every Quarterback going into a draft has question marks. But I think this guy can develop, and I hate comparing people with totally different situations but even Aaron Rodgers had the same question marks as Tannehill, now I'm not saying he's the next Rodger's but I'm just saying that all these problems can be repaired with the proper coaching. Seeing how Philbin and Sherman know qbs I believe they can coach him into a franchise qb and hey if they believe this is the guy, then by all means go get him.

insom187
03-18-2012, 09:59 PM
I like Tannehill's athleticism and ability to extend the play. As others have brought up I'm worried about the lack of past success of Big 12 QBs at the pro level. He's certainly raw but he has a big arm from what I've seen and could develop well. I feel that if we passed on him in the first he might still be there in the second round if Cleveland doesn't take him, and who knows what Cleveland's thinking is with McCoy. I think that at #8 there will better players that fill holes we still have, like pass rushers. I know QB is the most important position, but we just got the short end of the stick this offseason.

jonanthans
03-19-2012, 01:51 AM
is this the "reach mock?"

Canadi-Phin
03-19-2012, 02:17 AM
I know if his receivers didn't drop everything his numbers would have been much better. One scout I was reading counted 10 drops in a game. If at all true that hurts. I've watched 3 games and yes he has flaws but his receivers had even bigger flaws.

kvado16
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Other than Tannehill, how are any of these guys reaches?

The Confessor
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I know if his receivers didn't drop everything his numbers would have been much better. One scout I was reading counted 10 drops in a game. If at all true that hurts. I've watched 3 games and yes he has flaws but his receivers had even bigger flaws.

Thats funny, cause the defenders don't seem to have the same problem dropping his passes :lol:

The guy has a very strong arm...very very strong......and nothing else.

There is a PERFECT example in one of these threads highlighting EVERY pass he had against LSU. What he didn't overthrow/underthrow he threw to the other team. It was actually supposed to be a HIGHLIGHT reel pimping him...but if you really watch it, the guy has miles to go before he's a reasonable QB.
He does have tools, I won't say he doesn't, but once again, there is a damn good reason our current OC had him 3rd on the depth chart as QB while coaching him and then eventually moved him to WR instead.

I'll see if I can find that video and post it in here....not to ruin the OP's Mock, I appreciate any and all mocks, just to shed a little light so to speak.

The Confessor
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Other than Tannehill, how are any of these guys reaches?

I don't see all of them as reaches. Just like everybody, I have my favorites and most aren't on your list, but you do have a couple compelling players on there others haven't already listed, and I give huge props for that. Too damn easy to just cut and paste what everybody has already done.

It's really all subjective anyways. It all is, even to the guys making lots of money to do it. Everybody sees something a little different.

kvado16
03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't see all of them as reaches. Just like everybody, I have my favorites and most aren't on your list, but you do have a couple compelling players on there others haven't already listed, and I give huge props for that. Too damn easy to just cut and paste what everybody has already done.

It's really all subjective anyways. It all is, even to the guys making lots of money to do it. Everybody sees something a little different. Agreed. I appreciate your perspective as well.