PDA

View Full Version : Can we...

SCOTTY
03-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Trade down as far as we can in the first round right now. Multiple times if possible to get more picks. Then sign wallace.

2413fanphins
03-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Ive never heard of it happening, although i suppose it could happen. Would have.to be something outlandish like trading out of 8 to 10, than from 10now to the mid 20s.... so in otherwords not likely in my opinion.

2413fanphins
03-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Not to mention i think we have to trade for wallace before the draft.

datruth55
03-17-2012, 10:06 PM
How do you place value on the pick if you don't know who will be available?

SCOTTY
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Not to mention i think we have to trade for wallace before the draft.
Yes. We would. I am saying right now. Trade out of 8 for a later 1 st and anything else. Even picks next year. Then sign wallace before the draft

SCOTTY
03-17-2012, 10:19 PM
How do you place value on the pick if you don't know who will be available?
Not sure i understand. Pre draft trades happen all the time. All it takes so a team that wants a shot at richardson

NUGap
03-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Not sure i understand. Pre draft trades happen all the time. All it takes so a team that wants a shot at richardson

While I'm a fan of an upper tier team like New England or the 49ers acquiring Wallace with a pick, the chances of Miami being able to trade down before the draft and take on the contract are slim.

I mean, you're saying a team might want a chance at Richardson. However, what happens if a team trades from the teens (13-18) and gives up a third to move up for Richardson before the draft, and then Richardson is taken at number 5. They're not going to take a risk on if Richardson will be there, they will trade up during the draft when Richardson is definitely there. Why take the risk on something that may happen? The Redskins for sure knew that they could get RGIII at 2, but a team trading to 8 right now has no guarantee of who they will get, all of our leverage to trade back will come during the draft. At which point it would be too late.

Also you'd actually have to sign Wallace to a big contract. I'd imagine somewhere around VJax or Brandon Marshall money. That's about a cap hit of 10-12 million a year. There was a report today that the Phins have 14 million in cap space. With 4-5 million needed to sign draftees, there would be no money to sign a Quarterback or any other free agent. Again I very much like the idea of spending a 1st on a proven talent like Mike Wallace, I just don't think it's in the cards for the Phins to do it.