PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Weeden...come on down

Phin-Phan 66
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
If our staff wanted Flynn, he would be a Dolphin. Sounds like they wanted him, but at the right price which apparently was less than Seattle was offering. So, we sign a veteran, and draft a QB. Tannehill or Weeden. Tannehill would probably be the first choice given our knowlede of him but with Cleveland also in the market, and ahead of us in the draft, I say...

Brandon Weeden, come on down.

I personally like him better anyway and if he was a couple years younger, he would be a top 5 pick.

steviey013
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Can we take Weeden with the number 8 pick? Yes we can if your avatar tells us too!

insomnia411
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Trade down and get Weeden, I'd love it.

Kowalski550
03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Explain to me why any team would want to draft Weeden as their backup QB? He will be there in the 3rd round.

mia4ever
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Hell2no
2nd round

xXwarXx
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
If we want weeden draft him at 8, for once in this front offices life, go after the qb you really like, not the one you can get at a fair value. Ireland has yet to go after a qb he loved in the draft.

And this idea that we can trade back and hope weeden is there, or wait till the 2nd rnd, that's the thinking that has kept us in this mess all these years.

insomnia411
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Explain to me why any team would want to draft Weeden as their backup QB? He will be there in the 3rd round.

He might not get out of the first round, actually. He happens to be an awesome prospect that would be a top 5-10 pick if he was younger.

Mcganiel
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I'll take Weeden in a heartbeat, the guys is the real deal. The tape on him is very impressive.

Mcganiel
03-18-2012, 06:24 PM
He might not get out of the first round, actually. He happens to be an awesome prospect that would be a top 5-10 pick if he was younger.

I agree. He would be a top pick if he was 3 years younger..

andyahs
03-18-2012, 06:25 PM
If we trade down Denver may take him. If that is who they really want you take him early.

Kowalski550
03-18-2012, 06:26 PM

But he's not going to get any younger. Plus, there are not a lot of teams looking for QBs this year, he's going to fall. A 29 year old, unproven, qb isn't an ideal prospect or backup. He's got to be a starter.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Pure stupidity to draft Weeden in the first round so I guess that means we do it lol

Vaark
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Just heard another analyst on the radio while driving home ponder the curious Fins decision making. His radio runningmate said: "well it looks like they're gearing up for Tannehill" and this guy responded something like : "could be, but I'm not alone in thinking Weeden is the far superior QB of the 2..he gets a bad rap for being older, but with what this franchise has gone through since Marino, would any fan care if he gives them 'only' 7 good years?" I agree with this guy 100%.

FWIW, Weeden has been impressive in all his post season auditions. Anyone who thinks he's gonna make it even into the low 20s of the first round is IMO misguided.

hemidemon
03-18-2012, 06:49 PM

The only knock on Weeden is his age, not his talent. Weeden will be gone before the 3rd round.

Phin-Phan 66
03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Weeden will go in the first round

Roman529
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Trade down and take Weeden is cool with me.....but someone else might scoop him up. I think Tannehill probably will go in the top ten picks, so if that happens we just take the BPA the rest of the draft and suck it up and hope Moore has a great season.

thejetssuck
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
The only knock on Weeden is his age, not his talent. Weeden will be gone before the 3rd round.

He'll be gone in the 1st rd! Mark it down!

dlockz
03-18-2012, 07:04 PM
If he is gone who really cares. this guy is far from cant miss and do we really need to risk a high draft pick on a player who will be 29 years old by week 5 of nfl season. If we are going to take a risk on a first round qb then take Tanneyhill at least he has time to develop as a qb. Any team that drafts a 29 year old qb in the first round is being careless with their draft picks but hell we just traded two seconds for two thirds so what do draft picks mean to us.

JakeMcAwful
03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Finding a trade partner in the teens (Cincinnati being the most likely one) and picking Weeden there, whilst gaining an extra second rounder sounds great to me. But if they don't find anyone to trade with, then I'm okay with taking him at #8. He won't be there if we wait to take him with our second rounder.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Finding a trade partner in the teens (Cincinnati being the most likely one) and picking Weeden there, whilst gaining an extra second rounder sounds great to me. But if they don't find anyone to trade with, then I'm okay with taking him at #8. He won't be there if we wait to take him with our second rounder.

well anything is possible its just not smart football to me to make this kind of investment. there is no history of any qb of this age being drafted high but of course lets be the first.
If weedem iS drafted he sits behind moore for a year and then is 30 when he gets a chance to start. In all liklihood he only plays to about 35. why take a chance on a guy that has no development cycle and comes from the less than pro friendly spread offense.On the other hand you take Tanneyhill who is under no pressure to be starter day one and has played in a pro style offense for our current OC. I predict no team will draft Weeden in first round mainly because teams dont draft 29 year old rookies with their first pick.

fishbanger
03-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Weeden would be a great pick if we dont sign a QB in FA. However, according to the GM value chart he is too old. It does not matter if he looks like Payton Manning coming out of college. He is too old to draft. GM has it written in a book somewhere.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Weeden would be a great pick if we dont sign a QB in FA. However, according to the GM value chart he is too old. It does not matter if he looks like Payton Manning coming out of college. He is too old to draft. GM has it written in a book somewhere.

well he didnt look like Peyton manning in college so thats moot. Age always factors in thats why derrick rodgers went as low as he did.

Gadsden86
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
I do like him he has done quite well. Yea he may be 28 but so what. Even if we have him for 10 years we would be happy if he could take us to the super bowl again. No one would say much again about his age if he comes out and throws 3 td's in his 1st game.
I think 8 may be to high. Maybe trade back to the 20's and pick up another 2nd and draft him late 1st.

jim1
03-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Just heard another analyst on the radio while driving home ponder the curious Fins decision making. His radio runningmate said: "well it looks like they're gearing up for Tannehill" and this guy responded something like : "could be, but I'm not alone in thinking Weeden is the far superior QB of the 2..he gets a bad rap for being older, but with what this franchise has gone through since Marino, would any fan care if he gives them 'only' 7 good years?" I agree with this guy 100%.

FWIW, Weeden has been impressive in all his post season auditions. Anyone who thinks he's gonna make it even into the low 20s of the first round is IMO misguided.

Exactly. I don't know how anyone in their right mind could watch both Weeden and Tannehill play and not come to the conclusion that Weeden is the far better Quarterback, period.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
I do like him he has done quite well. Yea he may be 28 but so what. Even if we have him for 10 years we would be happy if he could take us to the super bowl again. No one would say much again about his age if he comes out and throws 3 td's in his 1st game.
I think 8 may be to high. Maybe trade back to the 20's and pick up another 2nd and draft him late 1st.

10 years. The odds are just as long for Weeden playing to 39 as any other qb that may be drafted at 23 years old, not very good

Gadsden86
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
10 years. The odds are just as long for Weeden playing to 39 as any other qb that may be drafted at 23 years old, not very good
Yea wasthinking more like 38. It could happen but more like 35-36 but who knows.
I would love to take either and see what they can do. Tannehill should sit but weeden should get starter reps in preseason to see what he has right away.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Yea wasthinking more like 38. It could happen but more like 35-36 but who knows.
I would love to take either and see what they can do. Tannehill should sit but weeden should get starter reps in preseason to see what he has right away.

Im not sure weeden is any more ready than Tanneyhill, I think thats a myth propogated by his age. Weeden put up damn good numbers in the air raid spread offense and tanneyhill played in a pro style offense. would much rather throw the dice on a guy like Tanneyhill that has time to develop than weeden who has no time. i dont see Weeden as some cant miss prospect.