PDA

View Full Version : Finheaven and free speech

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Mods, veterans of FH, newbies.....

We need to hold a town hall meeting of sorts to get this board under control. It's great that we recently set a record for the amount of members on this site but it's also a catch-22 in that there's more pollution on this site than ever before. It's 100% fine for someone to have an opinion but when you see thread after thread of the same topic or mindset, there has to be a way to organize it better.

Can we have a thread of suggestions to make the site flow better? Some thoughts, ideas, anything? Maybe create a few more sections on this site akin to 'Depths of the Sea' but have it be Dolphins related/negative thoughts about the team.

It shouldn't have to come down to just paying for a VIP membership and posting solely in that section. I think we should have enough common sense on the board to better control the flow of discussion we have here. I've been on this site for years now and it's my favorite site to come to. I just feel pretty bad at seeing the site be a collection of **** now.

bobw999
03-18-2012, 06:44 PM
I agree about the pollution. While finheaven is probably the best site for up to date Dolphin info, I have to sort through a lot of ****ty threads to find it.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
The only good thing is that it's entertaining to see. I'd rather have more intelligent conversations going on but if this site is going to go down the toilet, it might as well be b/c of humorous drivel.

Phin-Phan 66
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm all for a seperate section for the negativity. Just make sure it has plenty of bandwidth.

Roman529
03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
It will all die down once

A) we sign a franchise QB, and
B) start winning.

dreday
03-18-2012, 07:26 PM
thats why you have VIP.VIP is set up for more responsible posters and the like,but i dont think there is enough posters there yet to have most of the interesting conversation go on there.

cyoung
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
It will all die down once

A) we sign a franchise QB, and
B) start winning.Uhhhhh....that might be a while.

Mcganiel
03-18-2012, 07:29 PM
You guys have it set up pretty well already hence the popularity.

Wildbill3
03-18-2012, 07:31 PM
thats why you have VIP.VIP is set up for more responsible posters and the like,but i dont think there is enough posters there yet to have most of the interesting conversation go on there.there are plenty of VIP members, just gotta get them to post.

flynryan15
03-18-2012, 07:31 PM
people need to get out of the mindset rush to make a thread breaking news. never fails we end up with multiple of the same threads.

dreday
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
there are plenty of VIP members, just gotta get them to post.

i say hold a campaign to have more people steer to VIP...

DeathStar
03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
people need to get out of the mindset rush to make a thread breaking news. never fails we end up with multiple of the same threads.

We need people like that though...If no one posted those threads, how would conversations start and such?

All forums are like this and what's why mods merge em...

dreday
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM

too many people want to be the bearer of bad news,i agree.

Crazysimon
03-18-2012, 07:40 PM

We need to hold a town hall meeting of sorts to get this board under control. It's great that we recently set a record for the amount of members on this site but it's also a catch-22 in that there's more pollution on this site than ever before. It's 100% fine for someone to have an opinion but when you see thread after thread of the same topic or mindset, there has to be a way to organize it better.

Can we have a thread of suggestions to make the site flow better? Some thoughts, ideas, anything? Maybe create a few more sections on this site akin to 'Depths of the Sea' but have it be Dolphins related/negative thoughts about the team.

It shouldn't have to come down to just paying for a VIP membership and posting solely in that section. I think we should have enough common sense on the board to better control the flow of discussion we have here. I've been on this site for years now and it's my favorite site to come to. I just feel pretty bad at seeing the site be a collection of **** now.

This is a forum for dolphins fans. Who cares if some stuff gets re-posted, it a website for a sports team.

silverfin
03-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Maybe introduce a free agency forum like we have a draft forum?

It could be merged/replace the salary cap forum

silverfin
03-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Maybe you could have a hot topics tab (much like the sticky threads) where current affairs are pinned in one thread.

Was thinking we should try to keep all discussion on a particular certain topic in one 'super' thread. So for example have a thread for Alex Smith, and keep all discussion on his situation in it. Same for Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore etc.

Not only will it help control forum traffic, it should lead to a more intellect and flowing discussion, rather than have say 20 different threads pop up about people's opinions on Alex Smith. Sort of like the suck4luck superthread, where instead of multiple threads with broken discussion we'd have one 20-30 page thread of discussion which leads on from what others have already said.

Thread starting privileges is another idea.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Too many of these whiny threads.

Crazysimon
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM

Too many homer threads

dreday
03-18-2012, 08:14 PM

bingo!!that too.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Too many homer threads

If you're a referring to me to be a homer because I'm not a whiny bitch then LOL. There isn't that many homers here.

Cleetus
03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't think anyone should be allowed to post more than 2 negative comments an hour about this proud football franchise.

Nawledge
03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
So if I don't b*tch and moan about sh*t that is out of my control all day everyday I'm a homer?

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
So if I don't b*tch and moan about sh*t that is out of my control all day everyday I'm a homer?

That's how it works around here. I can't say one positive thing without being called a homer.

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 08:25 PM
This is THE quality site for free discussion of the Dolphins.

Pay for VIP, or deal with the regular forum, or go elsewhere and stop hogging bandwidth.

Beware....Other people are going to disagree with you, regardless of the forum.

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
That's how it works around here. I can't say one positive thing without being called a homer.

Didn't care about being called a "hater" or a "homer" when I started here...

Still don't :)

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Didn't care about being called a "hater" or a "homer" when I started here...

Still don't :)

I want a quality football discussion bro. Every thread turns into a "homer" or "hater" thread with a ton of whining. I'm just going to talk more in the VIP forum I suppose.

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 08:33 PM
I want a quality football discussion bro. Every thread turns into a "homer" or "hater" thread with a ton of whining. I'm just going to talk more in the VIP forum I suppose.

That would be my reccommendation.

Matt can't run this site for free, no matter how many people send their best regards, and no money.

Plus, there's this keen little "Ignore" feature, where you can just ignore posters that you don't like.
Plus, one can be mature, and secure in one's own opinion, and not get bent out of shape about
words on the internet.

52CANES
03-18-2012, 08:35 PM
There's a lot of people on this board that like to tell others what to discuss. Mostly its veterans. Maybe there should be less of those posts too. Its not fun to read 10 threads and within them there is 50 replies telling them their idea for a conversation isn't valid because of some reason or another.

Newsflash, it is no more annoying to see someone whining than it is to see someone complaining about whining.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 08:35 PM

Matt can't run this site for free, no matter how many people send their best regards, and no money.

Plus, there's this keen little "Ignore" feature, where you can just ignore posters that you don't like.
Plus, one can be mature, and secure in one's own opinion, and not get bent out of shape about
words on the internet.

I understand. I don't mind being called a homer. I just want to talk about my team, not about who's a better fan. It's all good. I still enjoy this site. I'm come on here too often.

52CANES
03-18-2012, 08:38 PM

Yeah bro if someone doesn't disagree with you they are a whining doom and gloom hater. Maybe you should respect other peoples opinions and they might respect yours instead of calling you a homer.

52CANES
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
If the only thing you can contribute to a thread is calling someone a homer then don't bother posting.
If the only thing you can contribute to a thread is calling someone a whiner then don't bother posting.
If the only thing you can contribute to a thread is telling someone they shouldn't post what they feel like discussing then don't bother posting.

silverfin
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Here is the equivalent of the 49ers fans discussing Smith potentially landing in Miami over on their forum:

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=129702

One thread, decent discussion, flows well. Maybe its just me but I think thats a much better way of discussing topics.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah bro if someone doesn't disagree with you they are a whining doom and gloom hater. Maybe you should respect other peoples opinions and they might respect yours instead of calling you a homer.

I never said that, but sure why not?

MarshallFin1
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
sounds like u want to set up some sort of dictatorship to not allow ppl to post there opinions. Just say no to this idea please.

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
sounds like u want to set up some sort of dictatorship to not allow ppl to post there opinions. Just say no to this idea please.

People like free speach until it runs counter to what they like.

52CANES
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I never said that, but sure why not?

I paraphrased. That's what "gee i didn't know the season started" means. I means i'm going to whine about a thread bashing management. It means your opinion isn't valid to post.

snake eyes
03-18-2012, 08:53 PM
There is already too much random censorship on this site. Too many mods with too much power. There needs to be mod guidlines that we all know so that the punishment can be meted out evenly.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
I paraphrased. That's what "gee i didn't know the season started" means. I means i'm going to whine about a thread bashing management. It means your opinion isn't valid to post.

That's not the problem. People can whine as much as they want. The problem is that there's too many threads being made at once that say the same thing. I think they should start merging these threads into one big one, but that's just me.

52CANES
03-18-2012, 08:55 PM

So you only want to talk with people who agree with you then? Whats the point of that. You'll have 20 topics with 2 posts each and 75 thanks.

52CANES
03-18-2012, 08:58 PM
That's not the problem. People can whine as much as they want. The problem is that there's too many threads being made at once that say the same thing. I think they should start merging these threads into one big one, but that's just me.

I suggest with topics you or anyone else thinks are redundant, or a waste, or whatever that you just ignore them. You will feel smarter for not seeing them, and they will drop off the first page into oblivion faster you know?

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 08:59 PM
There is already too much random censorship on this site. Too many mods with too much power. There needs to be mod guidlines that we all know so that the punishment can be meted out evenly.

They have that.

All posts are reported/modded and forwarded to a forum where all mods can observe/comment. Sometimes decisions are upheld, sometimes not. Sometimes a heavier penalty is imposed. I can assure you that it is all done in a way that ensures participation from everyone, and nothing is done
arbitratially. It may seem to you that it's not, but I can tell you from first hand experience, that it is.

Just because you don't agree with something, doesn't make it wrong, or a mistake.

ETA; If you don't like the "censorship" leave. A private BBS has no constitutional obligation to provide you with a forum to say anything. Might want to read up on the issue.

NUGap
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
I know I've been here for like 3 weeks now, but I moved to this forum because I was getting fed up of the overreactions on the other Dolphin's site I used to frequent.

In my opinion, the problem isn't with arguing or having different opinions, it's about being antagonistic and emotionally hysterical. For instance, I might support Jeff Ireland and someone else may not. Much of the time, the conversation will be "Jeff Ireland is garbage who everyone hates, show me what good he's done!!!!", then the other person will respond with "You're whining and need to just shut up, give Ireland a chance or go somewhere else!!"

Instead, I could support Ireland by pointing to the fact that he has indeed found some solid players - Cam Wake, Vontae Davis, and Randy Starks. The other person could counter by saying that there is evidence on twitter and from player comments (like from Channing Crowder or Ryan Clark) that Jeff Ireland can be perceived as sleazy and his personality doesn't fit the demands of the General Manager job. It doesn't have to lead to a knife fight.

To use Omar Kelly's term...people are 'internet gangsters' and I don't think you can moderate it more or relegate them all to positive and negative threads because it's representative of problem of internet decorum in general, Finheaven is just a small cross section of that. People don't talk civilly to each other because there's no repercussions for it. As much as it bothers me and I would want to have it fixed, I'm not sure the solution is easily attainable. Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

MarshallFin1
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
They have that.

All posts are reported/modded and forwarded to a forum where all mods can observe/comment. Sometimes decisions are upheld, sometimes not. Sometimes a heavier penalty is imposed. I can assure you that it is all done in a way that ensures participation from everyone, and nothing is done
arbitratially. It may seem to you that it's not, but I can tell you from first hand experience, that it is.

Just because you don't agree with something, doesn't make it wrong, or a mistake.

ETA; If you don't like the "censorship" leave. A private BBS has no constitutional obligation to provide you with a forum to say anything. Might want to read up on the issue.

lol, how nice of you to tell a forum member who probably donated to keep the site up to just leave cause he had a disagreement with things on the site.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 09:08 PM
I know I've been here for like 3 weeks now, but I moved to this forum because I was getting fed up of the overreactions on the other Dolphin's site I used to frequent.

In my opinion, the problem isn't with arguing or having different opinions, it's about being antagonistic and emotionally hysterical. For instance, I might support Jeff Ireland and someone else may not. Much of the time, the conversation will be "Jeff Ireland is garbage who everyone hates, show me what good he's done!!!!", then the other person will respond with "You're whining and need to just shut up, give Ireland a chance or go somewhere else!!"

Instead, I could support Ireland by pointing to the fact that he has indeed found some solid players - Cam Wake, Vontae Davis, and Randy Starks. The other person could counter by saying that there is evidence on twitter and from player comments (like from Channing Crowder or Ryan Clark) that Jeff Ireland can be perceived as sleazy and his personality doesn't fit the demands of the General Manager job.

To use Omar Kelly's term...people are 'internet gangsters' and I don't think you can moderate it more or relegate them all to positive and negative threads because it's a problem of internet decorum in general, Finheaven is just a victim of a larger problem. As much as it bothers me and I would want to have it fixed, I'm not sure the solution is easily attainable. Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

That's a great point. There's not much anyone can do. Until the Fins start winning, people are going to be negative.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:08 PM
thats why you have VIP.VIP is set up for more responsible posters and the like,but i dont think there is enough posters there yet to have most of the interesting conversation go on there.

I don't think it's that simple. Paying $18 a year to keep the site up in all likelihood wouldn't make a huge difference. As I stated previously, I don't think it should come down to needing to stay in one section vs. another in regards to staying sane.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:10 PM
We need people like that though...If no one posted those threads, how would conversations start and such?

All forums are like this and what's why mods merge em...

I've never seen a forum with this many people on it. The other ones I've gone on don't have repeat threads (all negative it seems) either. We're a unique bunch.

MarshallFin1
I don't think it's that simple. Paying $18 a year to keep the site up in all likelihood wouldn't make a huge difference. As I stated previously, I don't think it should come down to needing to stay in one section vs. another in regards to staying sane.

If u cant handle it, yes it comes down to that.

PhinzN703
This is a forum for dolphins fans. Who cares if some stuff gets re-posted, it a website for a sports team.

I care. That is why this thread exists.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
If u cant handle it, yes it comes down to that.

Good to note.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM

Rather than assume, are you labeling this thread I created as whiny?

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 09:13 PM
lol, how nice of you to tell a forum member who probably donated to keep the site up to just leave cause he had a disagreement with things on the site.

He'll be ok.

I have faith he has a thicker skin that yours.

The bottom line is this; The site belongs to Matt, who has sacrificed a great deal to keep it going. He will run it how he sees fit. You are always welcome to submit suggestions to him, or any of the other staff, or in the section that is........Wait for it..... DEDICATED to suggestions/feedback!

Would you like to pay for people badmouthing the forum that you run and the people that run it? I wouldn't. I'd tell you to go **** yourself....Which
is part of the reason I'm no longer an active mod.

:hump:

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
This is THE quality site for free discussion of the Dolphins.

Pay for VIP, or deal with the regular forum, or go elsewhere and stop hogging bandwidth.

Beware....Other people are going to disagree with you, regardless of the forum.

Totally understand that point. I don't think the "free" forum should be a zoo where there's no regulation or order. Do you?

Wildbill3
lol, how nice of you to tell a forum member who probably donated to keep the site up to just leave cause he had a disagreement with things on the site.If you took offense to what he said, it's your problem not his.

SebasMiamiFan
Rather than assume, are you labeling this thread I created as whiny?

No I meant that there's 20+ Fire Jeff Ireland threads. I don't mind people being negative, but there's too many of them. It's getting old. I could ignore them, but there's getting to be too many people now creating these threads. It's hard to ignore. Too much of the same thing.

And they are not quality threads either because most of them have swearing in them. They are basically a waste of time.

dreday
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM

nobody said one needed to stay in one section,but if you are tired of seeing the same threads in the main forum,it might be applicable to post more threads that you want to see in VIP so that you aren't seeing the same run of the mill threads over and over.

if you pay 18 bux a year, in all probability you are serious about posting on fh, and are likely to contribute something quality to the site.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM

words on the internet.

It would be fun to try to ignore as many people as you can with all these new people signing up everyday :)

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
No I meant that there's 20+ Fire Jeff Ireland threads. I don't mind people being negative, but there's too many of them. It's getting old. I could ignore them, but there's getting to be too many people now creating these threads. It's hard to ignore. Too much of the same thing.

And they are not quality threads either because of them have swearing in them. They are basically a waste of time.

Gotcha. I agree with you. I think it would be really productive to have designated sections to help separate different topics from another.

MarshallFin1
Totally understand that point. I don't think the "free" forum should be a zoo where there's no regulation or order. Do you?

are u effing kidding me ?? i have gotten several infractions and im on my last infraction before a ban for having simple arguments with people. If anything this site has too much "order"

Czonka39
Here is the equivalent of the 49ers fans discussing Smith potentially landing in Miami over on their forum:

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=129702

One thread, decent discussion, flows well. Maybe its just me but I think thats a much better way of discussing topics.

This looks good.:hump:

MarshallFin1
03-18-2012, 09:18 PM
If you took offense to what he said, it's your problem not his.

Why would i take offense? im not the one he even responded too.

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 09:18 PM

You know as well as I do that there is regulation, and moderation in the free forum. The mods are unpaid, and spend lots more time trying to clean up
threads, merge them and play referee to big children who are reasonable people in the real world, then, totally become without self control when they
hit a messageboard paid for by someone else.

I think it's really irresponsible of you to promote the idea that the free forum is unmoderated and uncared for. I promise you it is. I put in lots of my free hours that I could've spent enjoying the forum into moderating it, so I've seen the work the staff puts in first hand.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:19 PM
nobody said one needed to stay in one section,but if you are tired of seeing the same threads in the main forum,it might be applicable to post more threads that you want to see in VIP so that you aren't seeing the same run of the mill threads over and over.

if you pay 18 bux a year, in all probability you are serious about posting on fh, and are likely to contribute something quality to the site.

There isn't enough posting in the VIP section I don't think. I didn't really even pay my donation on this site to post in the VIP section, I just wanted to help the site as best I could. I actually enjoy the main forum more than any of the other sections here b/c of the different characters you come across.

There is a limit to how much one can/should take.

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 09:19 PM
It would be fun to try to ignore as many people as you can with all these new people signing up everyday :)

It's a point and click function.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
You know as well as I do that there is regulation, and moderation in the free forum. The mods are unpaid, and spend lots more time trying to clean up
threads, merge them and play referee to big children who are reasonable people in the real world, then, totally become without self control when they
hit a messageboard paid for by someone else.

I think it's really irresponsible of you to promote the idea that the free forum is unmoderated and uncared for. I promise you it is. I put in lots of my free hours that I could've spent enjoying the forum into moderating it, so I've seen the work the staff puts in first hand.

I'm sorry that you see my posting of this topic as irresponsible but have you seen the main forum just today alone? I'm sitting here trying to get people to have a conversation about improving the site and this is wrong on my part?

Maybe we need more mods to help keep the site less cluttered.

Wildbill3
03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Totally understand that point. I don't think the "free" forum should be a zoo where there's no regulation or order. Do you?One day I might tell you some backstory to the whole.. "zoo" thing. as to the freedom of speech, we have set guildlines for what stays, what goes and what gets merged etc. while some people might think that thier unique idea as to why ireland sucks deserves it's own thread chances are i'm going to merge it with the dozens of other threads on the same thought. To the other posters who want to voice an opinion about being treated or targeted unfairly, it is not and never has been Finheaven's policy to inform any poster about actions concerning anyone other than the poster involved. Its not your (not referring to anyone in specific) business who was infracted and for what etc. So many times we get the complaint, well in you infract me you better get so and so also! well who's to say we didn't? It's just not your business if we did.

Finally if you're one of those guys who had a thread or post moved, you're more than welcome to ask why, if it got merged, look no further than a similar thread already posted, or in the spam section or in the depths of the sea section. threads moved to those sections, i'm pretty sure you can figure out why they were moved there.

dreday
03-18-2012, 09:23 PM
]There isn't enough posting in the VIP section I don't think[/B]. I didn't really even pay my donation on this site to post in the VIP section, I just wanted to help the site as best I could. I actually enjoy the main forum more than any of the other sections here b/c of the different characters you come across.

There is a limit to how much one can/should take.

well thats what im saying.why not post more topics that you like there and im not just saying you.trust me if there were more topics there,people would post.and if you like the main forum then why complain?

i think theres plenty enough moderation on the site and more is not needed.

Wildbill3
are u effing kidding me ?? i have gotten several infractions and im on my last infraction before a ban for having simple arguments with people. If anything this site has too much "order"Just you vs. the man and you got pulled over for no reason then?

GoonBoss
I'm sorry that you see my posting of this topic as irresponsible but have you seen the main forum just today alone? I'm sitting here trying to get people to have a conversation about improving the site and this is wrong on my part?

Maybe we need more mods to help keep the site less cluttered.

Maybe you should put the thread in the right forum......

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:25 PM

Say no to what idea? I never uttered a word about not allowing people to do anything. Goon and Dre agree with you on this too? Interesting

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Maybe you should put the thread in the right forum......

It is in the right forum. Not enough people will go to the sticky threads or in the "suggestions" area. It's in the main forum b/c that's where the majority of the traffic heads each day.

Wildbill3
Maybe you should put the thread in the right forum......Normally I'd agree GB, but being that there is a ****storm of emotions going on, I'm inclined to let it linger a bit before we move it.

MarshallFin1
Just you vs. the man and you got pulled over for no reason then?

A few times they were necessary but most were unjustified.

PhinzN703
are u effing kidding me ?? i have gotten several infractions and im on my last infraction before a ban for having simple arguments with people. If anything this site has too much "order"

Well stop ****ing with people and you'll be alright :lol:

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't see what's wrong with having a discussion about improving the forum either. There's just too many threads that spam the forum. Like the ones with just swearing or the same ideas over and over again. That's completely different from having your own opinion. Just in the last hour, I've seen four threads about a player on Twitter talking about Ireland.

Wildbill3
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
A few times they were necessary but most were unjustified.Just looked over them myself, one or two infractions i'd give you the benifit of doubt, but infractions dating back 2 years? sorry.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
One day I might tell you some backstory to the whole.. "zoo" thing. as to the freedom of speech, we have set guildlines for what stays, what goes and what gets merged etc. while some people might think that thier unique idea as to why ireland sucks deserves it's own thread chances are i'm going to merge it with the dozens of other threads on the same thought. To the other posters who want to voice an opinion about being treated or targeted unfairly, it is not and never has been Finheaven's policy to inform any poster about actions concerning anyone other than the poster involved. Its not your (not referring to anyone in specific) business who was infracted and for what etc. So many times we get the complaint, well in you infract me you better get so and so also! well who's to say we didn't? It's just not your business if we did.

Finally if you're one of those guys who had a thread or post moved, you're more than welcome to ask why, if it got merged, look no further than a similar thread already posted, or in the spam section or in the depths of the sea section. threads moved to those sections, i'm pretty sure you can figure out why they were moved there.

Is it possible to instill a rule that a poster needs 50, or 100 posts before they can start a thread? Something of that nature

Wildbill3
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't see what's wrong with having a discussion about improving the forum either. There's just too many threads that spam the forum. Like the ones with just swearing or the same ideas over and over again. That's completely different from having your own opinion. Just in the last hour, I've seen four threads about a player on Twitter talking about Ireland.yeah. ryan clark a thorn in our side yet again.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't see what's wrong with having a discussion about improving the forum either. There's just too many threads that spam the forum. Like the ones with just swearing or the same ideas over and over again. That's completely different from having your own opinion. Just in the last hour, I've seen four threads about a player on Twitter talking about Ireland.

Not sure. I'm a little surprised there's already been some flack towards me b/c of this. It's fine though, I enjoy the discussion amongst friends.

Wildbill3
03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Is it possible to instill a rule that a poster needs 50, or 100 posts before they can start a thread? Something of that natureit's been considered, but the general thought process is that we've got mods for a reason and if a thread is too idiotic we'll move it.

dreday
Is it possible to instill a rule that a poster needs 50, or 100 posts before they can start a thread? Something of that nature

how does that change anything?people will post what they want to post.

PhinzN703
well thats what im saying.why not post more topics that you like there and im not just saying you.trust me if there were more topics there,people would post.and if you like the main forum then why complain?

i think theres plenty enough moderation on the site and more is not needed.

We haven't agreed on much recently. Let's talk about the Spurs before it gets ugly :d-day:

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM

I'd hope for society's sake that one would mature the older they get in terms of being on this site

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:32 PM
it's been considered, but the general thought process is that we've got mods for a reason and if a thread is too idiotic we'll move it.

Noted

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Normally I'd agree GB, but being that there is a ****storm of emotions going on, I'm inclined to let it linger a bit before we move it.

And here we see the moderation process in action. As a mod, I would've put, what, in my opinion is a really, needless and silly thread down where it belongs in the feedback area. Bill, as someone with direct override power over me as a Supermod, stepped in and let this thread continue where it is. Though I may disagree, the process moves ahead.

This is the process, in a nutshell.

one, two, ten or twenty posts on a subject may or may not contain different takes on the same subject. The staff will determine what stays and
what gets merged. There is a "report" button where you can report threads you think are dupes, in the wrong forum or otherwise jive with the TOS.

Again, I find your post needless, and frankly, pretty insulting to the moderators who work hard at making this site run.

dreday
03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
We haven't agreed on much recently. Let's talk about the Spurs before it gets ugly :d-day:

nothing ugly about anything,as long as we handle ourselves like men there shouldn't be a problem.:d-day:

dreday
03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd hope for society's sake that one would mature the older they get in terms of being on this site

so after 25 or 100 posts,one has matured?ill just politely disagree with that.some of the younger posters need more time.are you suggesting an age limit?

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:37 PM
And here we see the moderation process in action. As a mod, I would've put, what, in my opinion is a really, needless and silly thread down where it belongs in the feedback area. Bill, as someone with direct override power over me as a Supermod, stepped in and let this thread continue where it is. Though I may disagree, the process moves ahead.

This is the process, in a nutshell.

one, two, ten or twenty posts on a subject may or may not contain different takes on the same subject. The staff will determine what stays and
what gets merged. There is a "report" button where you can report threads you think are dupes, in the wrong forum or otherwise jive with the TOS.

Again, I find your post needless, and frankly, pretty insulting to the moderators who work hard at making this site run.

No intent on insulting anyone on my end. Needless? I wouldn't waste my time if I thought so.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 09:39 PM
The post limit won't work because a lot of VIP people or people with a lot of posts still do it. It's a general issue. Until the Dolphins start winning, we're just going to have to deal with it I suppose.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:40 PM
so after 25 or 100 posts,one has matured?ill just politely disagree with that.some of the younger posters need more time.are you suggesting an age limit?

Not an age limit. Simply a post limit. I think one's already in place for posting links or photos right?

As far as the mature comment, the chance of having a thread of "Dolphins are going 2-14" being started by someone who has been here a while would be lower than someone who joined a few days or weeks ago.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
The post limit won't work because a lot of VIP people or people with a lot of posts still do it. It's a general issue. Until the Dolphins start winning, we're just going to have to deal with it I suppose.

I tried. All I can do :)

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
I tried. All I can do :)

np bro. Go Fins! :woot:

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
No intent on insulting anyone on my end. Needless? I wouldn't waste my time if I thought so.

It's absolutely needless.

The tools to work towards a solution to the concerns you voiced are very clearly laid out for you, but for some reason you seem
unwilling, or unable to use them. If you think a thread is a dupe, call it to the moderators attention. Maybe they will agree, maybe they
won't...Then, you can get over it, or not.

All the ideas like "we should have members have X number of posts to make a topic" have been discussed, ad nauseum at staff meetings.

I'm not saying your feedback is unwelcome. Quite the contrary. There is a forum dedicated to it, and you have a direct line to any mod, or
even the owner of the site.

dreday
03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Not an age limit. Simply a post limit. I think one's already in place for posting links or photos right?

As far as the mature comment, the chance of having a thread of "Dolphins are going 2-14" being started by someone who has been here a while would be lower than someone who joined a few days or weeks ago.

not to my knowledge.

hey man,we have have those threads started by people that have been here for years.i dont see how that would make an impact.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:43 PM
It's absolutely needless.

The tools to work towards a solution to the concerns you voiced are very clearly laid out for you, but for some reason you seem
unwilling, or unable to use them. If you think a thread is a dupe, call it to the moderators attention. Maybe they will agree, maybe they
won't...Then, you can get over it, or not.

All the ideas like "we should have members have X number of posts to make a topic" have been discussed, ad nauseum at staff meetings.

I'm not saying your feedback is unwelcome. Quite the contrary. There is a forum dedicated to it, and you have a direct line to any mod, or
even the owner of the site.

How am I supposed to know what was talked about at staff meetings?

snake eyes
03-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Unless the thread if offensive or racist why not just let it die out. If you dont like the thread dont comment and it will drop off. A lot of people cant resist calling out a dumb or "stupid" thread which just exacerbates the situation. Let it die and it goes away.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:44 PM
not to my knowledge.

hey man,we have have those threads started by people that have been here for years.i dont see how that would make an impact.

I could've sworn I've seen people make comments about not being able to post certain things b/c of their being new to the site.

silverfin
03-18-2012, 09:45 PM

The thing here is not about people being able to post their opinions. FH is a forum and each member is entitled to say whatever they want.

The problem seems to be we get multiple threads on the same thing, same things getting posted within an hour of each other etc.

That's why I suggested one super thread for all things Alex Smith, all things Peyton Manning etc.

Imagine this scenario - Manning chooses Denver, Smith stays with niners. Suddenly Tebow is available and Miami (particularly Ross wanting to fill SLS) goes after him. FH would erupt, imagine the carnage. We'd be getting 50 threads an hour about why people want/don't want Tebow. It'd be Tebowmania, people will post the same things over and over again.

Now imagine we had one 'Tebow to Miami?' superthread. All it takes is one pop up message to appear for the first 24-48 hours or something to the like when a user logs in to inform them of the change and that all Tebow based discussion/opinions/developing stories/tweets/videos/analysis goes in the Tebow 'superthread'. Instead of a new poster starting a new thread about their reasons for not wanting Tebow, they could follow the discussion in the superthread and respond to other peoples views and opinions. People can still post what they want, can still agree/disagree with posters but it'll just flow so much better.

dreday
03-18-2012, 09:46 PM
I could've sworn I've seen people make comments about not being able to post certain things b/c of their being new to the site.

you would have to ask wildbill on that one.i have no answer for you.now we ALL have a certain criteria we adhere to as far as whats allowed in there.

GoonBoss
03-18-2012, 09:47 PM

You're not.

But if you wish to give feedback, there is an established, and responsive network for that.

Suggestions like yours that make a topic that clogs the board could be handled via e mail or the
proper forum, where you could gain some insight, instead of saying a forum is without moderation,
which as is patently false, and again, insulting to all the mods that work at making this site run.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:47 PM
The thing here is not about people being able to post their opinions. FH is a forum and each member is entitled to say whatever they want.

The problem seems to be we get multiple threads on the same thing, same things getting posted within an hour of each other etc.

That's why I suggested one super thread for all things Alex Smith, all things Peyton Manning etc.

Imagine this scenario - Manning chooses Denver, Smith stays with niners. Suddenly Tebow is available and Miami (particularly Ross wanting to fill SLS) goes after him. FH would erupt, imagine the carnage. We'd be getting 50 threads an hour about why people want/don't want Tebow. It'd be Tebowmania, people will post the same things over and over again.

Now imagine we had one 'Tebow to Miami?' superthread. Instead of a new poster starting a new thread about their reasons for not wanting Tebow, they could follow the discussion in the superthread and respond to other peoples views and opinions. People can still post what they want, can still agree/disagree with posters but it'll just flow so much better.

It sounds reasonable to me. If it's a hassle to make the site different than what it already is like then, I'll do my best to contribute to it in any way I can.

dreday
03-18-2012, 09:48 PM

Now imagine we had one 'Tebow to Miami?' superthread. All it takes is one pop up message to appear for the first 24-48 hours or something to the like when a user logs in to inform them of the change and that all Tebow based discussion/opinions/developing stories/tweets/videos/analysis goes in the Tebow 'superthread'. Instead of a new poster starting a new thread about their reasons for not wanting Tebow, they could follow the discussion in the superthread and respond to other peoples views and opinions. People can still post what they want, can still agree/disagree with posters but it'll just flow so much better.

i agree and people should be able to post what they want.i had the VIP idea,you have this.i think both should be considered.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:49 PM
You're not.

But if you wish to give feedback, there is an established, and responsive network for that.

Suggestions like yours that make a topic that clogs the board could be handled via e mail or the
proper forum, where you could gain some insight, instead of saying a forum is without moderation,
which as is patently false, and again, insulting to all the mods that work at making this site run.

Never did I say that the site was without moderation. Maybe there aren't enough mods on the site? I don't have the exact number of how many exist.

E-mailing one person about this topic would accomplish less than getting other users to dish about what they think as well.

Wildbill3
03-18-2012, 09:49 PM

Now imagine we had one 'Tebow to Miami?' superthread. All it takes is one pop up message to appear for the first 24-48 hours or something to the like when a user logs in to inform them of the change and that all Tebow based discussion/opinions/developing stories/tweets/videos/analysis goes in the Tebow 'superthread'. Instead of a new poster starting a new thread about their reasons for not wanting Tebow, they could follow the discussion in the superthread and respond to other peoples views and opinions. People can still post what they want, can still agree/disagree with posters but it'll just flow so much better.superthreads while they keep the forums clean they all kill conversation as they are hard to follow. we rarely want to just start merging things into a superthread, but if something gets merged into one its usually subject thread a, and subject thread b match along with source... etc.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 09:53 PM
If Peyton Manning came here, the whole site would crash because there would be 100 Manning threads. That's my only concern in the future. If something big happens, we're going to have the same thread over and over again.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
If something big happens, the site goes offline for a while.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 09:55 PM
If something big happens, the site goes offline for a while.

Oh :chuckle:

silverfin
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
superthreads while they keep the forums clean they all kill conversation as they are hard to follow. we rarely want to just start merging things into a superthread, but if something gets merged into one its usually subject thread a, and subject thread b match along with source... etc.

Yeh I get your point. They can be difficult to follow and if someone logs in a few hours after something breaks they may not want to read 400 posts of reaction to something before being able to get their opinion across.

The fact is there is no perfect way to run any forum, all have their pros and cons. As soon as FA cools off I'm sure the insanity will calm down a bit.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeh I get your point. They can be difficult to follow and if someone logs in a few hours after something breaks they may not want to read 400 posts of reaction to something before being able to get their opinion across.

The fact is there is no perfect way to run any forum, all have their pros and cons. As soon as FA cools off I'm sure the insanity will calm down a bit.

In all my years here I've never seen this site so negative. This certainly contributes to the threads we're used to seeing.

Wildbill3
03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
In all my years here I've never seen this site so negative. This certainly contributes to the threads we're used to seeing.it's like a scale, the more negative stuff that happens, the more people are going to be negative about the team. and to be honest, i'm a postive guy but until we start winning there isn't a lot of postive things to talk about.

dreday
03-18-2012, 10:04 PM
In all my years here I've never seen this site so negative. This certainly contributes to the threads we're used to seeing.

the phins start winning, all that changes,til then it is what it is.myself,i generally try to make positive comments and i wish more people would.there are people from all over the world and all walks of life and i think we should see them all as valid though.

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 10:06 PM
the phins start winning, all that changes,til then it is what it is.myself,i generally try to make positive comments and i wish more people would.there are people from all over the world and all walks of life and i think we should see them all as valid though.

I know the feeling. I'm actually close to being one of the negative nancies myself b/c of the uncertainty of what the Dolphins are doing

dreday
03-18-2012, 10:14 PM
I know the feeling. I'm actually close to being one of the negative nancies myself b/c of the uncertainty of what the Dolphins are doing

the crazy thing is the dolphins,of 3 teams i root for, are the ONLY team that has not won a title within the last 4 yrs.how upsetting is that!:crazy:

and im loyal to all of them,i just need the dolphins to want and get one.just one and ill be happy dammit!:chuckle:

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 10:18 PM
the crazy thing is the dolphins,of 3 teams i root for, are the ONLY team that has not won a title within the last 4 yrs.how upsetting is that!:crazy:

and im loyal to all of them,i just need the dolphins to want and get one.just one and ill be happy dammit!:chuckle:

If it wasn't for the Spurs, I wouldn't know what being a fan of a winning team is like!

dreday
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
If it wasn't for the Spurs, I wouldn't know what being a fan of a winning team is like!

i might be a little spoiled,but there isnt ANYthing like seeing your favorite team win a championship and it never get old.and me being a fan of all the teams for over 30 yrs,i can understand why some of the posters post what they post.it really does get upsetting when the dolphins make bad moves.

canesandbhoys
03-18-2012, 10:59 PM
If you took offense to what he said, it's your problem not his.

lol. After reading this I realized there's too much mod activity for me to read this thread all the way through and still be sane, so if I repeat any suggestions, you'll have to forgive me.

1. Sub-sections of the main forum. I've seen several message boards with sections for specific areas of conversation, like:
-Player movement and transfers
-Threads on news topics with subsequent posting for updates
-Rumors
-Deeper analysis of more advanced topics (salaries, caps, trades, FO, etc.)
-Game threads (sometimes with designated posters who make significant updates rather than random people making stupid and pointless 'omg wtf interception henne blows' or '3rd & 2' posts)

2. Simplify the poster feedback methods. Likes, dislikes, thanks, no thanks, positive rep, negative rep... blah. Pick a system and go with it. Besides, I don't need PM's about how I got neg rep by accident but it turns out that it was retaliation for a neg rep that I gave so I won'tbegettingpositivereptomakeupforitslksljdsf. I don't know what it is, but some of you middle aged white dudes get silly about some green/red bars under your alias. on a website. on the internet. on a computer. :err:

3. Encourage people to just make a post rather than quoting... WHEN THE POST YOUR RESPONDING TO IS RIGHT ABOVE YOURS. It's not a phenomenon that exists solely on FH, but it's annoying to read through a thread full of quotes when it could just be a simple conversation. And there's really no need to quote an entire long, detailed OP when you're just saying something like "I agree." Really, man? Really?

4. Control the signatures. Should be self-explanatory, and it's part of the TOS or guidelines or whatever, but it's not really enforced. At no time should a sig take up my whole screen, and there are quite a few here that go much farther than that (by mods too, howboutthat).

and I don't like the profanity filter, but eh... whattayagonnado?

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 11:17 PM
i might be a little spoiled,but there isnt ANYthing like seeing your favorite team win a championship and it never get old.and me being a fan of all the teams for over 30 yrs,i can understand why some of the posters post what they post.it really does get upsetting when the dolphins make bad moves.

I'd trade two of the Spurs titles for one Dolphins tbh

PhinzN703
03-18-2012, 11:19 PM
lol. After reading this I realized there's too much mod activity for me to read this thread all the way through and still be sane, so if I repeat any suggestions, you'll have to forgive me.

1. Sub-sections of the main forum. I've seen several message boards with sections for specific areas of conversation, like:
-Player movement and transfers
-Threads on news topics with subsequent posting for updates
-Rumors
-Deeper analysis of more advanced topics (salaries, caps, trades, FO, etc.)
-Game threads (sometimes with designated posters who make significant updates rather than random people making stupid and pointless 'omg wtf interception henne blows' or '3rd & 2' posts)

2. Simplify the poster feedback methods. Likes, dislikes, thanks, no thanks, positive rep, negative rep... blah. Pick a system and go with it. Besides, I don't need PM's about how I got neg rep by accident but it turns out that it was retaliation for a neg rep that I gave so I won'tbegettingpositivereptomakeupforitslksljdsf. I don't know what it is, but some of you middle aged white dudes get silly about some green/red bars under your alias. on a website. on the internet. on a computer. :err:

3. Encourage people to just make a post rather than quoting... WHEN THE POST YOUR RESPONDING TO IS RIGHT ABOVE YOURS. It's not a phenomenon that exists solely on FH, but it's annoying to read through a thread full of quotes when it could just be a simple conversation. And there's really no need to quote an entire long, detailed OP when you're just saying something like "I agree." Really, man? Really?

4. Control the signatures. Should be self-explanatory, and it's part of the TOS or guidelines or whatever, but it's not really enforced. At no time should a sig take up my whole screen, and there are quite a few here that go much farther than that (by mods too, howboutthat).

and I don't like the profanity filter, but eh... whattayagonnado?

Some sigs with video in them make my comp at home a little slower but I don't think it's a huge deal. I don't like the profanity filter either but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

DeathStar
03-18-2012, 11:20 PM

They could win one in my lifetime and then be bad for the next 50 years...

That's all I want...

dreday
03-18-2012, 11:25 PM
They could win one in my lifetime and then be bad for the next 50 years...

That's all I want...

well its been 40 lol.they can win one.they just need to make better personnel moves,of course thats stating the obvious..that really goes for all teams,and really what its all about.but whats sad is some of the dolphins fans make better GM's than the one we have.hopefully that doesnt sound like a knock on ireland but its true.

canesandbhoys
03-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Some sigs with video in them make my comp at home a little slower but I don't think it's a huge deal. I don't like the profanity filter either but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

My point isn't necessarily based on computer/website performance, but rather the aesthetics. Scrolling through a bunch of shoddily photoshopped pictures or a giant view of the interior of the Marlins' new stadium (hideous btw) makes the forums a little clunky. Worse is the fact that, usually, people who want to decorate their posts so much are regular users, meaning their gaudy sigs are in several threads. It's just a bit of an eyesore and it slows down the reading of threads.

hooshoops
03-19-2012, 12:22 AM
i blame twitter and every jackass who thinks we give a **** what their opinion is feeling like they need to let us know...99 percent of em don't know ****

Wildbill3
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
My point isn't necessarily based on computer/website performance, but rather the aesthetics. Scrolling through a bunch of shoddily photoshopped pictures or a giant view of the interior of the Marlins' new stadium (hideous btw) makes the forums a little clunky. Worse is the fact that, usually, people who want to decorate their posts so much are regular users, meaning their gaudy sigs are in several threads. It's just a bit of an eyesore and it slows down the reading of threads.sorry, but you'd be in the minority of people who don't want sigs etc. sigs and avatars are about the only way you can get a real feeling of personal ownership on this or any other forum, and as such as long as they are within the rules we encourage them. Second, I've already taken measures to make sure they aren't overpowering every thread, as sigs only show up once per page. as to the rep, you can manually add rep and it is even tied to the thanks and no thanks buttons, and these type of features are proven to get people active in this type of environment. Is matt shelling out a buttload of money to keep finheaven going per month? yes, but he has to pay the same amount if 50 people post 100 threads or 500 people post a 1000 threads, so activity is good, even if its this negative **** that depresses even the most postive person, because if we all agreed on the same stuff 100 percent of the time, this forum would be boring.

fin-atic
03-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Wow... What a thread. Thanks to everyone weighing in on this. There is so much here but I am going to keep it simple. First of all the site is by purpose meant to be open to all fans. We don't ever intend to limit or qualify posters. Someone's dumb statement is someone else's genius. We are a fan site for all fans and this is their place to come and express themselves. It's a shame so many times people want to be harsh on someone with a different opinion. But that is expected when you have so many posters. The original poster stated he wanted some form of order, and was directed to post in VIP. His response that. He prefers it in the main where it is busier is kind of ironic to me. Volume is what you prefer but it ultimately is your curse as well. I think there are some good ideas here. Maybe the Free Agent forum etc. but once again the volume where people want to be heard will always be in the main. I don't think that will ever change. So what is the answer? My advice is pretty simple. If you are a VIP member than post there and post often. If you are not a VIP join so you can deal with less traffic and less chances of being critiqued on your opinion. In time I think you will see things calm down, I just wish the team would improve so the tension from the fans would ease. We are all frustrated and it's showing up here at FH in a big way. Thanks again guys and we will soon be moving this thread. :-)

PhinzN703
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I did my best. Oh well.

tcdrover
03-19-2012, 10:10 AM
It would be nice if there were a test or something so all the people who love the dolphins but don't watch the games or understand anything about the NFL can post their opinions and keep them apart.

Tunaphish429
03-19-2012, 10:39 AM
The biggest problem is any schmuck off the street can make a thread..Like Vaark has suggested...it should be earned.. If someone signs up to gives us info that has some kind of source that is not on the net yet then the thread should have be endorsed or approved by a mod first...There are always mods on and could approve it easily. But I totally agree with Phinz the same thread over and over again...its just rediclous..too many misleading threads started..

I feel like too many posters start a thread just to vent about something...I respect eveyones opionions and I wanna hear them but a new thread about a topic that is already being talked about is not needed. Phinz is right.

Bumpus
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
IMO, biggest problem is that people wanna be first. They don't care/bother to check if someone else has already started a thread about it ... they just jump right in.

The only thing that can be done about this is merging. (We do try our best to keep up)

PhinzN703
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
IMO, biggest problem is that people wanna be first. They don't care/bother to check if someone else has already started a thread about it ... they just jump right in.

The only thing that can be done about this is merging. (We do try our best to keep up)

I went into a thread yesterday that was a twice-repeated thread about Garrard and was given an insult in response to me letting the OP know it was repeated. It was quite hysterical :lol:

PhinzN703
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
The biggest problem is any schmuck off the street can make a thread..Like Vaark has suggested...it should be earned.. If someone signs up to gives us info that has some kind of source that is not on the net yet then the thread should have be endorsed or approved by a mod first...There are always mods on and could approve it easily. But I totally agree with Phinz the same thread over and over again...its just rediclous..too many misleading threads started..

I feel like too many posters start a thread just to vent about something...I respect eveyones opionions and I wanna hear them but a new thread about a topic that is already being talked about is not needed. Phinz is right.

*Thanks*

PhinzN703
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Out of control I say, out of control! :hump:

Wildbill3
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
k, seems the thread ran it's course... off to questions and suggestions.

PhinzN703
03-21-2012, 10:22 AM
k, seems the thread ran it's course... off to questions and suggestions.

Never would've gotten 130 replies in here :hump:

Bumpus
04-13-2012, 09:11 AM

You're not missing much ... basically they degenerate into us sitting around listening to J lie about all the ginger midgets he's been banging lately. :lol: