PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Tannehill will be a Miami dolphin in 2012

SeanSmith24
03-18-2012, 07:10 PM
We all heard mike Sherman praise Ryan Tannehill on how good he can and will be, but we never heard john philben praise matt flynn at all. Im guessing dolphins wanted Ryan Tannehill this whole time, they baited sea hawks on signing him by making flynn fly to miami for interview/physical because they felt like sea hawks would come in there way in the draft. I said this last week and this is why dolphins were low balling flynn, they didn't wanna give top dollars when in all actuality flynn was never there main guy, tannihill was they guy from day 1 when sherman said

"Like all good quarterbacks he had great poise. Very confident in any system, west coast or not,” Sherman said. “Any quarterback has to be confident in his own skin and believe in himself. They always say a great quarterback makes those around him better. I thought [Brett] Favre did that. I think Aaron Rodgers does that. I think Tannehill does that as well.”

hes comparing tannehill to farve and rodgers, now thats big...tannehill would make a perfect qb under john philben and mike Sherman west coast offense, john flynn wouldn't and that's why we didn't wanna sign him to a big contract. Peyton old with a bad neck and flynn is unproven and 27 years old but tannehill is young with a lot of upsides so im riding with RT so lets not give up on our miami dolphins they have a plan, lets make them work while we sit back and watch them unfold a great team for many years to come.

phinatic1399
03-18-2012, 07:11 PM
I like Tannehill a lot

artdnj
03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Still have to jump browns and it won't be cheap.

Nublar7
03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I don't see him getting past Cleveland at #4.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2012, 07:14 PM
It's amazing how he went from a 3rd round QB to the 4th pick in the draft.

PhinsPhan11
03-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Do you think we trade up to get him?

phinatic1399
03-18-2012, 07:15 PM

give them our 8th pick and extra 3rd from the bears?

52CANES
03-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I would be pissed if you put all the effort and expense in to trading up to get the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft. If they were going to trade up they should have got it done for #2.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I personally think Tanneyhill will be there at our pick. Screw it lets draft him. He played in a pro style offense not a pass heavy spread offense like some others so the transition should not be that hard. Im down with it screw it.

finfan54
03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
i like john philbin as well.

cleveland wont take tannehill at 4. They will take the WR, Cb, or better yet now that Hillis went to KC, Richardson. they will look for tannehill at 22 however. bank it.

JCfinfan
03-18-2012, 07:18 PM
How many draft picks do we need to give up to get him? He will not be there at 8.

Finfanforever
03-18-2012, 07:19 PM
"Miami is favorite to get Manning"..."Flynn to be a Dolphin in 2012"..."Alex Smith in a 5 1/2 hour meeting with Fins" ...."Gerrard in for a visit" ...I am starting to think that this is all one GIANT BS storyline by Ireland. I bet we draft a lineman with that #8 pick and leave Tannehill on the board.

Vaark
Trade down a couple of picks and snatch Weeden before someone else does their opportunistic imitation of Ted Thompson/Aaron Rodgers... like maybe the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles and or Jest? If Manning goes to SF, the latest Weeden will go will be to Elway at 25.

J Tes
I would be pissed if you put all the effort and expense in to trading up to get the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft. If they were going to trade up they should have got it done for #2.
The cost to move up from the 6th to 2nd pick was ridiculous. 3 1sts and a 2nd. Insane! Would have cost Miami even more

finfan54
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
just remember what that old GM on NFLN said about tannehill and us taking him at 8. you dont want to reach for a player even if he is a QB to bank on that.

well, imagine cleveland at 4 on tannehill. I work with a Browns fan and talk shop all the time. He would absolutely lose his mind if cleveland passed on RG3 in trade and then took tannehill at 4. browns fans in total would lose it.

52CANES
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM
The cost to move up from the 6th to 2nd pick was ridiculous. 3 1sts and a 2nd. Insane! Would have cost Miami even more

Yeah it doesn't cost as much to draft a QB in the 2nd round either but you keep getting guys not worth a damn. Go all out or go home. Instead we'll sign david garrard and draft a lineman... way to go on those promises to the fans.

Phin-Phan 66
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Who is John Philbin?

dolfanduwayne63
03-18-2012, 07:44 PM
i like john philbin as well.

cleveland wont take tannehill at 4. They will take the WR, Cb, or better yet now that Hillis went to KC, Richardson. they will look for tannehill at 22 however. bank it.It's a deep WR draft and I could see them feeling like they could wait until later for this position. Although I personally feel Richardson is the best back in this draft, many teams feel you can get starting caliber RB's as mid to late round picks as well.The only way I see them passing on Tannehill is if they want to pair Claibourne with Haden, assuming they wouldn't be happy with another corner later on. None of us really know for sure but this is just my opionion.

mrhankey81701
03-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Joe Philbin didn't talk about Matt Flynn because he couldn't. He would have gotten fined

normaniii
03-18-2012, 08:12 PM
I think Ireland knows they have a competent starting QB in Matt Moore playing for $2m/year. Flynn/Smith would be approx $8m/year and IMO not worth the difference. The one constant rumour is that we have been 'low-balling' QB's.

I think we are sticking with Moore, signing Gerrard, no Tannehill at #8 and taking what many consider the 'safest' pick in draft David DeCastro.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Tannehill will be there at 8, I think. There will be too much good talent available to Cleveland in areas of need at #4 that I think they will try grab BPA and then maybe go for a QB with their second first rounder or #36. I'm sure that Tannehill or Weeden will definitely be there when they pick again in the first.

canesandphins1
03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
It's very similar to the Philip rivers draft he was looked at late first early second then Marino said he had the goods and then his stock jumped to #4 if we get Tannehill at 8 I hope he turns into rivers

FinsFan74
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Who is John Philben?

fishbanger
03-18-2012, 08:30 PM
If we sign Smith, pass rusher at number 8. If we dont sign Smith then Tennehill may be gone to Cleveland. Best thing that can happen is we sign Smith tomorrow. Payton goes to the titans and hasselback goes to the Browns. Then we may have a chance for tannehill. However cleveland may still draft QB at number 4.