PDA

View Full Version : It's time to invest in a 1st Round QB period.

BiggDolphin
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I am not upset or disapointed over not getting Manning or Flynn. My hopes for our team is that we draft a QB. Now, I have looked at this draft for the QB position it is probably the deepest for that position since the 83 draft. Meaning that they could very well be 3-4 starting QB's coming out of this draft. Time for Miami to draft one.

finfromthenorth
03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Who would you suggest at #8? Cause Tannenhill may be gone at 4 by Cleveland

FrankieG
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
This seems like one of the weaker QB classes to me...at least in terms clearly being worth 1st rounders prior to seeing them actually play in the NFL. If it were a good draft, people wouldn't be talking about taking Tannehill as early as 8. He seems to have only been propelled up that high due to the gaping hole between Luck/Griffin and anyone else.

phinatic1399
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I agree, I thought from the beginning of this process we should have traded up for RG3 and ignored Manning/Flynn, now I think we should go after Tanehill, mayock, kiper, and mcshay and think he has temendous upside, he can make all the throws and scramble, just might take a year for him to develop because he was a WR

PortFin
03-18-2012, 07:39 PM
If we want a 1st round QB, we might have to wait another year. Tannehill is not worth it at 8 imo

datruth55
03-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Do you really trust Jeff Ireland to make that decision? What has he shown you so far in picking QBs, draft or free agent (take Manning, the obvious pick, and Flynn, the coaches pick, out of it and your left with Alex Smith and David Garrard), that makes you think he knows crap about evaluating a QB? Matt Moore was his guy, the guy he found when he was a scout for the Cowboys, that's who he really wants to start. If you're bringing David Garrard in for competition then you're not looking to upgrade from Moore.

dreday
03-18-2012, 10:16 PM
id be happy if the FO just took a gamble on one.

trojanma
03-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Brandon Weeden Folks

JFoxx
03-18-2012, 10:32 PM
So there's only two QB's worth a first round pick, but let's use our first round pick on a 2nd round QB. While I think we need a franchise QB as much as the next guy, pretending we got one just because we reached and drafted one in the first when he's at best a 2nd round talent .. . . . . Why do you think the FO was looking at so many guys in FA? Because anyone left in the draft is at least 2-4 years from starting.

OyeDale305
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Ireland picks- O-line/ D-Line let's get it done!

J. David Wannyheimer
03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't buy this talk about Cleveland taking Tannehill at 4. No way. He'll be there at 8 if we think he's the guy.

ForksPhin
03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
The whole "Philbin knows Flynn better than anyone" angle just blew up in the Dolphins faces. Now we can prepare for the whole "Mike Sherman knows Tannehill better than anyone" angle to blow up in our faces next.

And I, for one, don't think Tannehill should be our pick. I'd rather trade back, try to pick up a 1st or 2nd for next year in the process, and draft Weeden. He'll be 29 years old, but he has the best arm I've seen in a long time, and he has experience in playing professional sports already.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 11:36 PM
The whole "Philbin knows Flynn better than anyone" angle just blew up in the Dolphins faces. Now we can prepare for the whole "Mike Sherman knows Tannehill better than anyone" angle to blow up in our faces next.

And I, for one, don't think Tannehill should be our pick. I'd rather trade back, try to pick up a 1st or 2nd for next year in the process, and draft Weeden. He'll be 29 years old, but he has the best arm I've seen in a long time, and he has experience in playing professional sports already.

So did
Drew Henson
Chris Weinke
Cory Jenkins
Josh booty
Chad hutchinson

Lot of good it did them

ForksPhin
03-18-2012, 11:46 PM
So did
Drew Henson
Chris Weinke
Cory Jenkins
Josh booty
Chad hutchinson

Lot of good it did them

Not one of the guys you mentioned had the physical skills of Weeden or success Weeden had at OSU.

Drew Henson was basically a one-year starter in college. Weinke never had a strong arm. Booty sucked in college. Jenkins and Hutchinson never played as well as Weeden in college.

EmperorPhin
03-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Dont be ridiculous the last thing we need is a QB controversy right now. First round BPA

Tiko377
03-18-2012, 11:53 PM
get tannehil he already knows our freaking offensive coordinators playbook and will slide right in!

bigguy1381
03-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Rg3 and luck are the only QBs with first round talent this year. If we stay in the top 10 and don't trade down we need to draft the best player available.

dlockz
03-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Not one of the guys you mentioned had the physical skills of Weeden or success Weeden had at OSU.

Drew Henson was basically a one-year starter in college. Weinke never had a strong arm. Booty sucked in college. Jenkins and Hutchinson never played as well as Weeden in college.

weinke had more success in college and had plenty of physical tools and Henson had better tools than any of them
Weinke had a pretty damn good arm in college , as a pro he got banged up but he had a good arm.
weinke was definately more successful in college than weeden but people probably have forgot how good he is.
Weeden is so damn overrated on this board. I like him dont get me wrong but not until 3rd or 4th round. He is not that amazing a prospect

JCane
03-19-2012, 12:01 AM

Chris Weinke won the Heisman.

Just sayin'.

I always thought Weinke was a bum. Very overrated, etc. But he was pretty good in college.

JCane
03-19-2012, 12:10 AM
We might invest in Alex Smith.

Does he count?

:idk:

daniel3
03-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Brandon Weeden Folks

He really is the only one I could see coming out of the draft and really competing from the QBs that I know. It would be sad in a number of ways though if we got him as his age is a bit of a concern and ckparrot would be running around like he is a prophet or something.

dlockz
03-19-2012, 12:17 AM
He really is the only one I could see coming out of the draft and really competing from the QBs that I know. It would be sad in a number of ways though if we got him as his age is a bit of a concern and ckparrot would be running around like he is a prophet or something.

Hey if CK is right and he is a good qb I can live with that but i dont see him as that amazing people were acting like Beck was some amazing prospect too and they were quite wrong