PDA

View Full Version : Trade entire 2012 draft for Andrew Luck

Roman529
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Sorry, but it has come to this!!!! We need to start over with a franchise QB. We can save money that we would have spent on other draft picks by giving Luck a nice contract. Hopefully Luck will pull a "John Elway" and not want to play in Indy, but he may not want to play in Miami either. Ross needs to call Irsay and make this happen.

Harry_Bagpipe
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Colts still laugh at offer and hang up the phone.

SkapePhin
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Wishful thinking.

But at this point, I might even entertain the idea of trading 3 whole drafts for the #1 pick...

LikeUntoGod
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Yea, they let Manning go then they are going to trade the 1st pick in the draft and the most ready NFL QB for less then half of what the Rams got for the 2nd pick in the draft.

Hey, thanks for playing!

Pinkboy
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Colts hang up the phone with that silly offer

Irsay isnt stupid and knows the value of a franchise QB. And its FAR more valuable than miami's draft which would contain crap like Koa Misi, Odrick, AJ Edds, and John fukkin Jerry

it doesnt take a genius to figure out what you'd rather have

Stupid offer, because a once in a generation QB >>>>>

That #1 pick is priceless and untouchable. Give it up kid and stick to Madden

DeathStar
Should have tanked last season.

Colts fans are excited about next season and looking up.

We are going to have another top 10 pick next year.

Who needs a franchise QB though? Many are ok with mediocrity and Matt Moore.

J. David Wannyheimer
We could offer our entire 2012 and 2013 drafts. The whole drafts, including the picks we just picked up from the Bears, and the Colts would still just hang up the phone.

There's no value you can put on a QB like that. None. It'd be like offering our entire football team to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers. Our entire team put together isn't worth one guy like that.

Unless Luck refuses to play for them, he's gonna be a Colt and there's no offer on earth that's gonna change that. If the Skins were willing to give up two #1s and a #2 in addition to swapping spots this year, that #1 pick is pretty much priceless.

Nick13
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
You'd have to basically offer them our whole draft this year and next plus our 1st until 2017 just to get them to think about it.

Roman529
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Wishful thinking.

But at this point, I might even entertain the idea of trading 3 whole drafts for the #1 pick...

Desperate times call for desperate measures my friend. I could live with Luck and a 3-13 season next year and have some hope for the future over going with Tebow, Gabbert or another year of Matt Moore and finishing 5-11.

Sometimes you have to blow it up and start over.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Philbin + Ireland philosophy, "Build through the draft."

While you and I might agree that the best way to build through the draft is get Andrew Luck, they probably think it means picking up acorns at positions where we've already been stockpiling unremarkable guys.

Jeep
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
The best and easiest way to get Andrew Luck is to trade Ireland to Indy... then offer him two 3rd round picks..

Roman529
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Philbin + Ireland philosophy, "Build through the draft."

While you and I might agree that the best way to build through the draft is get Andrew Luck, they probably think it means picking up acorns at positions where we've already been stockpiling unremarkable guys.

The only other option I would like is becoming a smash mouth run-the-ball first team and we draft Trent Richardson, some huge O-lineman, Oregon RB LaMichael James and we just pound the football. Not sure you can win without much of a passing game, but without a franchise QB we are just spinning our wheels.

steeda
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
This team just needs to draft a first round QB for a few years. Eventually, you're gonna hit on one.

twohype
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Colts still laugh at offer and hang up the phone.

Yep........right after they yell a few 4 letter words :-)

Semedi
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
lol, such ridiculous dreaming.

Our entire draft wouldn't even get us close to trading up for Andrew Luck; you wouldn't even be at the halfway point for the Colts to bite. If we wanted him we had our chance at him, and in typical Dolphins fashion we completely ****ing blew it.

Roman529
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
lol, such ridiculous dreaming.

Our entire draft wouldn't even get us close to trading up for Andrew Luck; you wouldn't even be at the halfway point for the Colts to bite. If we wanted him we had our chance at him, and in typical Dolphins fashion we completely ****ing blew it.

Our only hope is he pulls a John Elway or Eli Manning and says he won't play for the team with the top pick. But knowing us, some other team like Cleveland would step in and we would look even worse, if that's possible. I am listening to the Bronco's flagship station where they are discussing what to do with Tebow. Sounds like they will move him just so Peyton doesn't have to look over his shoulder, or deal with fans chanting "Tebow."