PDA

View Full Version : EFF IT! Draft Weeden at #8

SkapePhin
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
That is our best play at this point. Weeden may be a few years away from the retirement home, but at least he has the highest hopes of bringing competent QB play to the Dolphins. I don't care if its a full round hgher than his projected draft position, these are desperate times my friend.

He is ready to start Day 1. Let him compete with Moore and hopefully he catches fire and turns into a Steve Young for us (a guy who started in his 30s and had a HOF career)

hooshoops
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
only us would take a 28 year old qb in the top 10...only us

SkapePhin
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
only us would take a 28 year old qb in the top 10...only us

Like I said, desperate times call for desperate measures...

dlockz
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
No disrespeect but horrible idea. Weeden is not worth the 8th pick in the NFL draft and I doubt he starts anywhere day one. Even Jeff Ireland is not stupid enough to take Weeden at 8.

Geordie
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm on board. Never thought I would be but (not because of his ability), he's the best option available to us, he's now worth 8 overall, if we could somehow move back a few spots, it would be ideal. He's definitely top 10 in material in talent.

CalDolFan10x14
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Not at #8, no way, no how.

MiamiDolphin618
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Weeden will be there in a trade down. If Smith goes back to SF, our only competition will be Cleveland...and they will most likely prefer Tannehill

Geordie
No disrespeect but horrible idea. Weeden is not worth the 8th pick in the NFL draft and I doubt he starts anywhere day one. Even Jeff Ireland is not stupid enough to take Weeden at 8.
Why he's better than Tannehill and RG3 for that matter, just his age, he's top ten talent, we are not in a situation where we have too many choices.

SkapePhin

He is the best option left. Tannehill has more bust potential than Jenna Jameson...

dagger151
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
id take Weeden at 8 over Tannehill.

doakes
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Win with Weeden!!!

dlockz
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Why he's better than Tannehill and RG3 for that matter, just his age, he's top ten talent, we are not in a situation where we have too many choices.

Weeden if he was 22 would still not go over RG3. RG3 is special compination of player that the NFL probably has never seen to this point. iF Weeden were 22 he might be a top 10 pick and still not be drafted ahead of RG3. The fact is though that Weeden will be 29 by week 6 of the nfl season and comes out of air raid spread offense of which there has not been alot of nfl success to this point. I would rather have Tanneyhill being he played in a prostyle offense and he has all the tools plus is young enough to develop unlike Weeden. Why draft a guy who at best probably has a 6 year shelf life. Way too risky a move

dlockz
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
He is the best option left. Tannehill has more bust potential than Jenna Jameson...

Well history has not been kind to qb's that went back to college late to play qb after baseball so even more bust potential there not to mention he is a spread qb.

Elliott 1
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
I have wanted Weeden to be our day 1 starter since the beginning of the college season this year.

The only thing now is that the Browns were rumored to be enamored with Weeden a couple weeks ago and it was speculated they would draft him with the 22nd pick.

Just have to hope that was a smokescreen and they really want Tannehill.

J Tes
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
That is our best play at this point. Weeden may be a few years away from the retirement home, but at least he has the highest hopes of bringing competent QB play to the Dolphins. I don't care if its a full round hgher than his projected draft position, these are desperate times my friend.

He is ready to start Day 1. Let him compete with Moore and hopefully he catches fire and turns into a Steve Young for us (a guy who started in his 30s and had a HOF career)
No

FinsNCanes
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Maybe Browns will do us a favor and take him. I really don't care for a 30 year old QB. He likes Baseball more anyway...

rtamigo
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd say yes to Weeden at #8. He beat Luck, RG3 & Tannehill this year too.

Pinkboy
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Just draft him at #8. This team desperately needs a good QB and he can play

so what if its the 8th pick. We need a QB and whether you get one at #8 or #78 it doesnt matter.

We just drafted Ronnie fukkin Brown at #2 and Teddy Ginn at #9 for christs sakes.. we just had #12 and we got crap like Koa Misi and a player with a chronic bad leg in Odrick

who's to say those nitwits do anything with #8 anyway. they're total idiots so at the very least get yourselves a good QB because the boy can play

Cleetus
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't want Tanny or Weeden with the 8th pick, would be way too high for either. Trade down and pick the one left. Why all the weedon hate? He is the same age as the free agent QBs and will be much cheaper. Neither he nor the FAs have proven themselves dependable so I am on board for weeden with a lower pick than the 8th

fishbanger
03-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Dont trade down past KC or JETS cause they both may draft a QB.

Captain Lou
03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Do you guys even Remember John Beck!

Pinkboy
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Do you guys even Remember John Beck!

What an absolutely stupid and myopic comment. Both QBs are nothing alike and their attributes are so far apart its not even worth discussing. just shows your lack of being able to discern any differences of characteristics and the dozen+ attributes of college players.

By your rationale, every QB in world history that was 28 yrs old at one time or another was John Beck.

stupid stupid, far and beyond stupidity

Geordie
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Maybe Browns will do us a favor and take him. I really don't care for a 30 year old QB. He likes Baseball more anyway...

WTF he'll be 30 in 2013, ffs get your facts straight

J. David Wannyheimer
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Just draft him at #8. This team desperately needs a good QB and he can play

so what if its the 8th pick. We need a QB and whether you get one at #8 or #78 it doesnt matter.

We just drafted Ronnie fukkin Brown at #2 and Teddy Ginn at #9 for christs sakes.. we just had #12 and we got crap like Koa Misi and a player with a chronic bad leg in Odrick

who's to say those nitwits do anything with #8 anyway. they're total idiots so at the very least get yourselves a good QB because the boy can play

I think I gotta agree with this. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. If you think the guy can play, do you really care if you're only going to get 6 to 10 years out of him as opposed to 12 to 16 years? I'll take six years of good QB play right now. I'll take that in a ****ing heartbeat.

We've had over a dozen QBs in 10 years, and half as many head coaches. If you're running this team and you think Weeden is legit, #8 ain't a stretch, it's the only reasonable option. We're talking about David Garrard and Tim Tebow right now, folks. It's bad.

Pinkboy
03-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I think I gotta agree with this. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. If you think the guy can play, do you really care if you're only going to get 6 to 10 years out of him as opposed to 12 to 16 years? I'll take six years of good QB play right now. I'll take that in a ****ing heartbeat.

We've had over a dozen QBs in 10 years, and half as many head coaches. If you're running this team and you think Weeden is legit, #8 ain't a stretch, it's the only reasonable option. We're talking about David Garrard and Tim Tebow right now, folks. It's bad.

we drafted a RB at #2. How many years was he with us again ?? In fact, running backs have a very short shelf life. Average years they're in the league is under 4 years. Even when you hit on one you can only expect around 5 or 6 years of elite level play before they start breaking down and become average. So i laugh at the same people not wanting Weeden because of age, yet the same people want Trent Richardson. lol

We drafted Ted Ginn at #9.. how many years was he with us.

I guarantee you Odrick won't be with us for 7 years because of his chronic bad leg. It wont last long term.

Hell, Jake Long may not be with us after next year and may opt for free agency if the dolphins have yet another mediocre season and decides he's had enough of this crapfest in miami, and taking the free agency route for better and greener pastures.

If you can get good QB play for 7 years you do it. especially at that vital and most critical position. It's well worth the #8 pick, and more.

Any Miami fan who doesn't see that must either be clueless or living in a cocoon over the past decade+

J. David Wannyheimer
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I really do not understand this idea that we shouldn't draft a guy who we think can be a great QB because he's only going to be a great QB for 6-10 years instead of 12+ years.

Folks, we ****ed up. We're not getting Andrew Luck. We're not getting Peyton Manning. We got no other options unless you really want to try to tank it in 2012 for Matt Barkley -- and you know we'd find a way to **** that up, too.

luci12
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
we can get him in the 2nd

TheMageGandalf
03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
We will not do that. We are most likely to draft a DT/DE or a RT at that spot.

dolfaneric12
03-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Get Blackmon first! I like Weeden but not at 8. Teams will pass on him because of his age as I'm betting he'll be a high third round pick

J. David Wannyheimer
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
we can get him in the 2nd

When he's the last guy left on the list, you can't worry about the value. You gotta take him.

hooshoops
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
When he's the last guy left on the list, you can't worry about the value. You gotta take him.

if he's the last guy left on your #8 list...your list is screwed up

Pinkboy
03-19-2012, 03:05 PM

screwed up?? here's what's really screwed up..

if you go into a season or the future without a good QB, your football team is fukked up with zero chance at anything.

It doesnt matter who you pick instead, and it doesnt matter if you have 5 first round picks and 5 second round picks. You're still going absolutely NOWHERE

Fukking nowhere... there's your season, again,, and again and again. Just like the last decade into the next one

you and CK can spend all your wasted days and hours studying evaluating & talking & posting about how a college prospect OLB can shed a block with proper leverage and angles, how he has the hips for it... you can talk all about a guards pulling technique, blah blah blah,,, and waste hundreds upon hundreds of hours on your lives on that total nonsense,... because truthfully, it's all nonsense unless you have a special QB

None of that crap matters, You can have 5 Jake Longs and 5 Jared Odricks and 5 Vontae's and it just doesnt fukking matter if you have Matt Moore you're clinging onto in the background. ALL your draft picks and players don't amount to a hill of beans in today's NFL and where this league is going (and will only further continue going into a passing league, as the fact is the NFL will be a full-fledged CFL league in a short period of time).

Without a special QB in today's NFL you're not getting the trophy. So your draft picks on G's, ILB's and SS, and all your evaluating, contemplating, rescinding, prospecting of those positions you waste hundreds of hours on is totally worthless. They don't amount to a hill of beans.

PERIOD

DudeleBroski
03-19-2012, 03:08 PM
You value babies worry too much about where someone should be drafted or what other Gms think. At this point I want weeden, but if were too concerned with value and wait til the 2nd to get him he very well may be gone.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

He's probably the last guy left on the QB list at that point. Come on, all joking about my Matt Moore bandwagon aside, I don't think anyone on this board wants us to go into next year with our options at QB being Matt Moore or David Garrard. Nobody.

dagger151
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Weeden will go in Rd 1. I say stop this Alex Smith nonsense fror 8-10M per year and get Weeden at 8. We will lost Moore after next season anyway.

Then trade our #1 next year plus more picks to trade up and get Blackmon.

Vaark
03-19-2012, 03:15 PM
There have been some compelling analyst arguments in favor of Weeden. He's supposed to be the most pro ready QB in the draft after Luck. Personally, I'd rather have who some are labeling the best QB available after RG3 and Luck for a good 7-8 year run than to cross my fingers with another reach and hope for the best. Cutting to the chase: 7 years of potential QB excellence is better than we would have had since Marino and also gives us time to groom Weeden's replacement. I can't see what's wrong with that?

DudeleBroski
03-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Second part is just impossible if we use #8 on weeden. Maybe trade up from 8 for blackmon first, then hopefully trade up from the 2nd for weeden. There's no guarantee of that so I wouldn't risk it. Maybe slightly trade down for Floyd, then use the ammo we acquired to trade back into the 1st for weeden.
Weeden will go in Rd 1. I say stop this Alex Smith nonsense fror 8-10M per year and get Weeden at 8. We will lost Moore after next season anyway.Then trade our #1 next year plus more picks to trade up and get Blackmon.

hooshoops
03-19-2012, 03:20 PM
look fellas weeden has had a solid not special postseason draft eval period yeah he's probably the 4th qb off the board but i'm not gonna just take a qb at pick #8 cause i have a need when his value draft wise doesn't reflect it...before i do that i'm gonna trade back...period...the only people who are talkin weeden in the top 10 is this desperate fan base...

you wanna take weeden for gods sakes trade out...

MiamiDolfan85
03-19-2012, 03:26 PM

He is ready to start Day 1. Let him compete with Moore and hopefully he catches fire and turns into a Steve Young for us (a guy who started in his 30s and had a HOF career)and thats what we call turning a bad situation, worse......

Dogbone34
03-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I think Weeden will be there in the 2nd

hooshoops
03-19-2012, 03:33 PM

as do i...

SkapePhin
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM

If you are the Dolphins, can you take that chance to wait?

Canadianfishfan
03-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I hope we trade down now. Weeden and Tannehill is't worth the #8. Trade down and stock draft picks or simply take the best player available.

sure there is a need. But I don't think Tannehill will be the answer. If it was Barkley.. we'd have a conversation ;)

J. David Wannyheimer
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I hope we trade down now. Weeden and Tannehill is't worth the #8. Trade down and stock draft picks or simply take the best player available.

sure there is a need. But I don't think Tannehill will be the answer. If it was Barkley.. we'd have a conversation ;)

If we could swap 1st rounders with another team in exchange for at least a 2nd, I think that'd make this a lot more palatable for most people.

doakes
03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Win with Weeden!!!

dlockz
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
look fellas weeden has had a solid not special postseason draft eval period yeah he's probably the 4th qb off the board but i'm not gonna just take a qb at pick #8 cause i have a need when his value draft wise doesn't reflect it...before i do that i'm gonna trade back...period...the only people who are talkin weeden in the top 10 is this desperate fan base...

you wanna take weeden for gods sakes trade out...

True i have heard little about any team going gaga for weeden. Before third round wouldnt touch him. Dont see him as a better prospect than Tanneyhill , Foles or Osweiler and all of these guys have time to develop. i dont get the Weeden is most nfl ready he played in a very simplistic air raid spread offense, from what I have seen he is no more ready than Tanneyhill or foles. Maybe Osweiler. A qb i like later in draft is Lindly out of SD St, he needs to work on touch but has good size and can make every throw. Just was not on a very talented team