PDA

View Full Version : Focus on the Running Game in 2012

Roman529
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Draft Trent Richardson with the 8th pick. Draft the best blocking O-lineman in Round Two. Draft a good TE with one the of third rounders, draft LaMichael James with the other third rounder. Yes, we still need some WR's so get a WR, but lets rebuild the line and running game first, and stick with Matt Moore.....then next year go after Matt Barkley. :up: If Tebow is willing to play Fullback, bring him in for a 5th round pick/trade with the Donkeys.

Pat-London
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
With no threat down the field with a passing game, they'll load the box and shut down the run game... you can't be one dimensional any more in this league.

DudeleBroski
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
What makes you think we have any chance of sniffing Barkley? I don't see this team having the top pick next year. We couldn't even do that with sparano calling the shots.

FINMAN13
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
With no threat down the field with a passing game, they'll load the box and shut down the run game... you can't be one dimensional any more in this league.

I agree with this... But also wanted to point out that drafting Richardson is not just for this season. Miami will need a few years to rebuild and having him would go along way for when Miami does get some WR's.

So I would be happy to see us draft him at #8. I just don't think he will be there....

I am all for drafting BPA in each round this year and next. It will take Miami a few years to find a FS, SS, LB, DE, DE, LG, RG, RT, WR, WR, TE, and QB.

FINMAN13
03-19-2012, 04:04 PM
What makes you think we have any chance of sniffing Barkley? I don't see this team having the top pick next year. We couldn't even do that with sparano calling the shots.

As of right now who will be looking at QB's and willing to trade up for him next season?

Cards (Gotta think that they are hating life with Kolb.)
Browns (I don't think they draft QB this year in the 1st or 2nd round.)
Vikings (Ponder could help his own cause with a good year.)
Jags (They will be in the hunt for a QB to compete with what looks to be an average QB.)
Bills (No QB is safe and that team is showing they will pay for good players.)
Chiefs (I could see them looking to move up next year. I just don't think Cassell is very good.)
Seahawks (Gotta think that Pete is hoping for a shot at Barkley.)
Jets (Contract extension or not... his defense better take him to the playoffs or they will be ready to move up.)
49'ers (I don't think they are going to repeat last season and will have a chance to move up.)

Miami... Should I even list us or our we just damned?

I agree that Miami will have a much better record than some of those teams on the list.

But if I am wrong and Moore is not a good QB. Then I could see Miami dealing some talent and overpaying to move up just to get closure for their missed attempts on a potential great QB.

Really if Miami trades down this draft and ends up getting (1-2) first day picks in next years draft... All signs point to being laughed at for overpaying just to get the monkey off our back. I think the defense and Moore, Bush and luck can win at least 4-7 games.

PSU Cane
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I think Richardson will be gone.....but even so, if you want to improve the run game, draft David DeCastro! That tough SOB will open up holes big enough for Daniel Thomas to glide through.

3rdandinches
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Would love to get Richardson, he would be a excellent addition, nothing wrong with taking a page out of the NYj's playbook. Pound the rock, play great defense and get to the AFC championship game. Maybe M.Moore can shock us with some better play, one can dream I guess!

Roman529
03-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Would love to get Richardson, he would be a excellent addition, nothing wrong with taking a page out of the NYj's playbook. Pound the rock, play great defense and get to the AFC championship game. Maybe M.Moore can shock us with some better play, one can dream I guess!

Richardson is the only RB I would consider and I think if he is there at the #8 spot he would be worth drafting. We lost Ronnie and Ricky, and while Bush and Thomas are ok, neither is an every down back who should get 20+ carries a game. I don't know if Moore will ever have the arm to throw the 50 yard bombs, but we should look at getting a TE who can block, catch and get some TD's in the end zone, like a Ladarius Green of Ul-Lafayette who is a beast. If we pass on a RB like Richardson, then we should draft a guy like Stephen Hill....if we trade down. I would be willing to go with him at around the #15 spot over a guy like Floyd or Wright. Watch Hill's highlights on You Tube, and he could easily replace Marshall. So anyway....here is what my first round wish list would look.

NO TRADE DOWN -

1. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
2. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
3. Ladarius Green, TE, UL-Lafayette
3. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
4. Nate Potter, RT, Boise State
5. Julian Miller, DE, West Virginia
6. BPA
7. BPA

JCane
03-20-2012, 03:33 AM
He's not worth the 8th overall pick.

Roman529
03-20-2012, 12:01 PM
He's not worth the 8th overall pick.

Trent Richardson isn't worth the 8th overall pick?????? Is that just your opinion? I haven't seen one mock draft where he is not taken in the top ten. The Cleveland Browns may take him with the 4th pick.

DudeleBroski
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
I had a dream last night that we double dipped on receiver and got sanu and someone else in the 1st, forgot who. My dolphins dreams in the past have been right.

jason_taylor
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Draft Trent Richardson with the 8th pick. Draft the best blocking O-lineman in Round Two. Draft a good TE with one the of third rounders, draft LaMichael James with the other third rounder. Yes, we still need some WR's so get a WR, but lets rebuild the line and running game first, and stick with Matt Moore.....then next year go after Matt Barkley. :up: If Tebow is willing to play Fullback, bring him in for a 5th round pick/trade with the Donkeys.

imo we could have the best running game in the NFL and it wouldnt help us a bit , this is a passing league , back in the 70s and 80s it was a good defence and running is what worked , but now in this new error ,its a passing league running is good for 30% of the time but your not going to win running the ball.

Exuro
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Ireland did this in 2011, kind of. Instead of R1 RB R2 OL, he went R1 OL and R2 RB. I don't see any reason why he would do it again a year later.

PSU Cane
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
imo we could have the best running game in the NFL and it wouldnt help us a bit , this is a passing league , back in the 70s and 80s it was a good defence and running is what worked , but now in this new error ,its a passing league running is good for 30% of the time but your not going to win running the ball.

Sure it would. A great running game mixed with play action keeps the ball away from the other offense and wears the defense down. If you're able to run the ball and score, running the clock down in the process, you lessen the offensive opportunities for the other team and keep it close. And if you have the fresher team late in the game, you stand a chance to win.

NoblePhin
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
SF was one game away from the superbowl and their whole offense is based around Gore, you can definitely still win with the running game being the primary focus. With Marshall gone we do need a WR for sure, hell doubling down would be great, but I still want a good running game. Richardson would be a sweet pick, even Doug Martin would be a great pick up.

PeterNorth
03-21-2012, 06:29 PM
SF was one game away from the superbowl and their whole offense is based around Gore, you can definitely still win with the running game being the primary focus. With Marshall gone we do need a WR for sure, hell doubling down would be great, but I still want a good running game. Richardson would be a sweet pick, even Doug Martin would be a great pick up.

Yeah, and we don't have anyone like Vernon Davis, who is an absolute nightmare from a matchup standpoint. Who the hell is Fasano going to burn if defenses over commit to the run? We have no legit speed threats other than Gates, and he can't even get on the field yet. The run game works when you have other options. They don't right now.

I don't hate Richardson at 8 strictly from a value perspective, but we have far bigger needs.

dr.jake
03-21-2012, 07:16 PM
i think if #2 overall ronnie brown taught us anything it's don't waste picks on a r-back if your o-line sucks.

MiamiMuss
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Wasnt our Running game pretty solid?...Its time to get some o-line ecspecially at Guard/RT.

LANGER72
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I have been riduculed by some for suggesting that we take TRich for a couple of months. I am glad to see some changing their minds.
I hope is there at #8. The guy is a beast.
With our 2nd and third round picks, we need to draft 2 WR's and try to find an edge rusher.
Face it, we are not going to make the playoffs with this team this year, we need to stock up on offensive play makers and get our QB next year. Get the playmakers, get the system in place, evaluate the team some more, and then fill the remaining holes next year.
Just my .02