PDA

View Full Version : At least its not Tebow!! or Smith, This means we draft a QB

catch22
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Miami will be drafting a QB.

It could be worse guys. We needed at least some depth at QB and Im sure he came cheaper than Smith. I would have officially went over the edge if we had went with Tebow! .. So under the (admittedly crappy) circumstances Im not mad. But I hope he was cheap..

fishbanger
03-19-2012, 09:00 PM
We all need to do a Tebow and pray we draft a QB in the first round. Otherwise I will start watching the Jets and Giants games.

Breadfan
03-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Best post I've read in about a week here at FH

rev kev
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM

It could be worse guys. We needed at least some depth at QB and Im sure he came cheaper than Smith and would have officially went over the edge if we had went with Tebow! .. So under the (admittedly crappy) circumstances Im not mad. But I hope he was cheap..

NEXT year we draft a QB - Garrard 1 yr contract and we have Devlin and Moore

SebasMiamiFan
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
The Garrard move doesn't bother me, but the timing of this move is horrendous.

MiamiDolphin618
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
The Garrard move doesn't bother me, but the timing of this move is horrendous.
we had to gey him before Smith went back to SF or it would look like we whiffed again. I agree with OP..we draft a QB. Tannehill or Weeden will be a fin

BlueFin
03-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I hope this part of of acquiring Ryan Tannehill......who I absolutely love the potential of.....I'm great with all of this if we get Tannehill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catch22
Best post I've read in about a week here at FH
Thx. I feel like after this week, the dolphins have nowhere to go but up..

SebasMiamiFan
we had to gey him before Smith went back to SF or it would look like we whiffed again. I agree with OP..we draft a QB. Tannehill or Weeden will be a fin

I agree. They are going to draft a QB.

MikeO
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
If you draft a QB at 8 and the teams wins 2 games that means you kill your cap NEXT year #1 or #2 overall (which is where this is headed) you have a lot of cap tied up in 2 QB's and only 1 can play. BOTH Top 10 picks

PlexGod
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
god im so glad we (hopefully) wont be getting tebow. i think i would have not watched a game if he was our starting QB. But im not too sold on Tannenhill like everyone else is. He might have potential but i look at him and i see a more athletic Blain Gabbert. just too raw to start for us and i dont know how well it would be to groom him for 1-2 years. The guy has only played QB for 2 years and we want to draft him at 8? kind of a reach no? i mean i few years back when there wasnt such a crazy emphasis on QB he probably be a 2nd round or 3rd round pick. i kinda see him struggeling big time if they ask him to start day one. oh well desperate times call for desperate drafts i guess.

PlexGod
03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
If you draft a QB at 8 and the teams wins 2 games that means you kill your cap NEXT year #1 or #2 overall (which is where this is headed) you have a lot of cap tied up in 2 QB's and only 1 can play. BOTH Top 10 picks

i think moores contract is up next year so tannenhill would be the starter if we get him

fishbanger
03-19-2012, 09:18 PM
If only for one year then that means QB will be drafted high which is good. Protects us against Moore holdout.

If we get Anderson then we are heading back in the right direction.

finomenal
03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
If they had signed Tebow, I'd be beyond pissed; however, if they're looking for Tannhehill, they may very well have to trade up with Minnesota @ #3. Sounds crazy of course but teams are thirsty for QBs.

catch22
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
I hope this part of of acquiring Ryan Tannehill......who I absolutely love the potential of.....I'm great with all of this if we get Tannehill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Move makes Tannehill to miami a solid possibilty, (and might explain some of our other moves) For example bringing in Flynn but not committing to him. Showing just enough intrest to get Seattle to bite and therefore move them out of the Tannehill sweepstakes. If we could just get the browns to sign Tebow all would be well! Tannehill would likely not start right away so we would have a decent starter in Moore, A solid Vet backup (who will compete to be a starter) and (hopefully) Tannehill. If we would have picked up Smith, Tannehill/Weeden would be out of the equation because Smith would command too much money. If we went with Tebow we go against all that is Philbin and WCO.

BlueFin
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
This Move makes Tannehill to miami a solid posibilty, Tannehill would likely not start year one so we have a decent starter in Moore, A solid Vet backup (who will compete to be a starter) and (hopefully) Tannehill. If we would have picked up Smith then Tannehill(or Weeden) would be out of the equation because Smith would command to much money. If we went with Tebow we go against all that is Philbin and WCO.

I agree..but until I see this happen...I have absolutely no faith left for this organization!

catch22
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
I agree..but until I see this happen...I have absolutely no faith left for this organization!

Agreed, And I am close to your sentiment about the organization but not quite there. For some reason I just think Philbin is the real deal and I see him succeeding in the long run. It may take a bad year and Ireland being jettisoned before next year for Philbin to start winning. But I really like Joe Philbin and I think he has already showed signs of being a good coach.

Cleetus
03-19-2012, 09:44 PM

It could be worse guys. We needed at least some depth at QB and Im sure he came cheaper than Smith. I would have officially went over the edge if we had went with Tebow! .. So under the (admittedly crappy) circumstances Im not mad. But I hope he was cheap..

Oh it will be worse because we will draft one of these leftover qbs with the 8th pick well ahead of where they should be picked leaving much better talent still on the board.

fishbanger
03-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Hopefully they have targeted their best WCO QB in the draft. Tennehill is WCO, Weeden WCO, Cousins is WCO. Anyone else can play WCO in the draft?