PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2005

Baz
02-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Madden NFL 2005

Publisher: EA Sports

Developer: Tiburon

The Pitch: The most celebrated sports franchise of all time, Madden is to video games what Kleenex is to a runny nose. It's the most played, most talked about, most loved and at the same time most hated on game going. The thing is, it's not the gamers that hate on Big John and EA, it's the competition that pull their hair out trying to find new ways to beat the juggernaut each year, only to watch the dollars continue to stack and the game's fans becoming even more loyal with each rendition. And why shouldn't they, as Madden 2004 proved to be the best in series history introducing Owner mode and Playmaker controls into the mix. 2005 promises to be even better.

Why it's Going to Rock: While everyone else is trying to simply catch up to what Madden introduced in 2004, the developers at Tiburon are already thinking about features they should bring in 2010. Okay, so maybe they don't work that far ahead, but they were already working on adding new features into 2005 before last year's game even shipped. Expect more ownership options ($20 for a hotdog!?!) along with even more ways to be a playmaker including a revamped playmaker blocking mode. It would also be great to see the team chemistry features introduced in MVP also make their way into Madden.

Early money on the soon-to-be cursed cover athlete is Ray Lewis, although Raven fans might hope for someone else to strike the pose considering everyone else who has ever been featured on the box has gone down with either an injury or caught a severe case of suckitis from the moment the game hit stores. Maybe they should decrease their cover athlete's attribute points by half before shipping the game just to make things more realistic.

That was from IGN.com. Ray Lewis on the cover? I guess that breaks the streak of offensive players on the cover. I guess if anyone is gonna suffer the curse, it might as well be Ray Lewis......

Thundercracker
02-04-2004, 03:13 PM
one option the next madden has to have is longer last names on jerseys. They're going to have to increase it by at least 3-4 letters just for ROETHLISBERGER. :)

Predaphin
02-04-2004, 07:39 PM
wow! this is what i was afraid of, (and im not talking about Ray Lewis being on the cover), Im talking about having to wait....Now that I read some insight of what 2005 will bring, I CANT WAIT!!! lol :D

By the way, me and a freind where talking about who we thought would be on next years cover....I said i thought it would be P.Manning (and had my doubts becuase he was already on NFL fever)..he though it would be Portis, because according to him EA has created a pattern (QB,RB,QB,RB) and of course last year was a QB (Vick)....so he thought it would have to be a RB...but now that they say it might be R.Lewis, it will be very interesting to see if the curse continues....I just cant see R.Lewis having a bad year, maybe going down with injury, but not a bad year.

Baz
02-05-2004, 01:19 AM
I was thinking that too. Linebackers rarely have bad seasons. Perhaps they chose a guy they knew would be least likely to have a bad season. You know, to try to break the EA Sports curse......

Predaphin
02-05-2004, 01:10 PM
yeah, When i told my freind about this article he said, I think what thyre trying to do is break that curse.....

BTW, he said some guy told him the same was going on with the NHL EA game...anyone who was on the cover has had bad luck, including one guy who was on the cover got into a car accident......Im not into Hockey so I wouldnt know.

but EA could be the Devil.

AngryDolphins
02-05-2004, 05:51 PM
I tought it was going to be Jamal Lewis or Portis.

Thundercracker
02-05-2004, 06:29 PM
as long as its not ricky im fine. and i know it won't be ricky. all i care about is the game. i hope its a lot better.

minus
02-06-2004, 01:01 AM
ONLINE FRANCHISE!!!!

I hope they are considering it.

Predaphin
02-06-2004, 03:07 PM
minus, thatd skyrocket the game through the roof.....it would be awsome!!!! although im not sure how itd work out....i mean its bad enough people quit during 1 season leagues....im not sure howd it work with all the trading of rosters and stuff.....but that would be awsome.