PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins will not draft a qb

AP27
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM
For those of you who think this team will draft either Weeden, Tannehill etc. it is not going to happen. It is obvious they place no value on the position.

Aqua and Orange
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Can't say I disagree. I'm always the guy saying this exact same thing to the board regarding the team's lack of interest in a long term qb solution

datruth55
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I do agree to some extent but Ross said he wanted a QB...Ireland has failed so far. I would love to know how Ross feels about all the negative publicity, the lashing out against Ireland.

Abhenne7
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I rather draft a reciever with the 8th. Tannehill doesnt excite me.

dreday
03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
would be of no surprise to me.

fishbanger
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
philbin will draft his qb and gm better make it happen.

Phins28
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Riley Rieff will be the pick

Chubby
03-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Sad but true, As long as we have Ireland at the Helm we can expect another OL .

Nublar7
03-19-2012, 10:52 PM
I can't see the Dolphins not drafting a quarterback at least in the first two rounds.

AP27
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Riley Rieff will be the pick

Bingo!

Chubby
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
I can't see the Dolphins not drafting a quarterback at least in the first two rounds.
Ha! You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-19-2012, 10:54 PM
You think the fan base is restless now? Don't draft a QB. Full on mutiny.

PJack
03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
For those of you who think this team will draft either Weeden, Tannehill etc. it is not going to happen. It is obvious they place no value on the position.

Frankly with what is left, I'd prefer we wait until next year. IMO Tannehill does not warrant pick 8 and I have a hard time drafting a 29 yo rookie. Next years class should be pretty deep and as of this second we look to be heading for a tough year and picking early. Of course many thought this would be great QB year until Barkley went back and Landry Jones fell apart the last month of the year so whom really knows.

trojanma
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Give me a break.
We just hired a coach from a team that places a premium on the Qb position.

Not quite sure if you wrote this because you intend on getting high fives from all the doom and gloom crew.
Because we went all out for Manning, Smith and to a lesser extent Flynn proves that we are interested in the Qb position.

Though it is no guarantee that we get Tanneyhill or Weeden but you can take it to the bank that we are getting a Qb in this draft that we plan on grooming. We may get one next year as well it is the Ron Wolf way.
Ireland hired Philbin for a reason and it wasn't to ground and pound.

Chubby
03-19-2012, 11:00 PM
You think the fan base is restless now? Don't draft a QB. Full on mutiny.
Oh you mean like last year and the previous and previous....

Cleetus
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I do agree to some extent but Ross said he wanted a QB...Ireland has failed so far. I would love to know how Ross feels about all the negative publicity, the lashing out against Ireland.

Had the same backlash at the end of last season, most including myself wanted to clean house.It seemsto me Ross doesn't care about what the fans think about the product on the field , maybe he can get lady gaga to buy a bit of the team and get some star appeal that way

buttonwood
03-19-2012, 11:04 PM
There isnt a qb worth more than a 3rd anyways so who cares.

Daytona Fin
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
draft a qb in 2013.

Da GODfather
03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
At this point, i'd rather just do everything we can to try and stock pile as many picks as we can get for next years draft. Odds are with Moore probably being our starter and Garrard as our back-up, I seriously doubt we finish above .500. Whats done is done with Manning and Luck and RG3. I say PLEASE for the love of god, start planning NOW to put us in a position to get Barkley or equivalent. I can deal with another season of sub-par QB play as long as there is a solid plan in place to upgrade it. I'm so sick of throwing sh!t at the wall and going with whatever sticks. IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU ARE PLANNING TO FAIL!!!

Valbon8
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Maybe Philbin sees something in Moore, which i hope to god is true...

If we do not take a qb at 8, we better take Michael Floyd at 8. He is going to be an instant upgrade to our offense. Yes, Marshall dropped touchdowns and he is a dummy off the field, you cant undermine his value on the field. Floyd could easily match the value of Marshall on the field x100.

AP27
03-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Didn't we say "let's wait until next years deep quarterback class" last year? Yep, let's just keep putting it off until next year. It's the dolphins official motto.

dolfan91
03-19-2012, 11:38 PM
If Tannehill is passed on by Cleveland at #4 and isn't selected at #8 by Miami, I'd be shocked to say the least ... but for some god forsaken reason Miami doesn't draft a QB in 2012, they better hope that 2013 is the year they strike gold!!!

circumstances
03-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Didn't we say "let's wait until next years deep quarterback class" last year? Yep, let's just keep putting it off until next year. It's the dolphins official motto.

are you just going to clap your hands and make a franchise QB appear for us? or do you want us to use the #8 overall pick on a QB, just because? i'm pretty sure ireland, philbin and ross all want a franchise QB a whole hell of a lot more than you do, your opinion notwithstanding. if it was so easy to solve the franchise QB problem, we would have done it long ago, as would the redskins, seahawks, jets, titans, vikings, browns, 49ers, chiefs, etc. i could go on and on. as stupid as it is to say, luck plays a huge part in all this. like having the #2 overall pick when there is no franchise QB (in your opinion) coming out of college. like having the #1 overall pick when there is no franchise QB coming out of college (in your opinion). like barkley not coming out this year. sure, the christian ponders and jake lockers and blaine gabberts can go insanely high in a draft to other teams, doesn't mean any of them were worth the pick at the time, or will justify the pick in the future. but believe me, if "their guy" had been there last year (ireland's first as gm), or is there this year, they will take him. but they won't reach for someone not worth the pick because a fan on a message board thinks they have no interest in settling the QB position. and i am with them on that.

Daytona Fin
03-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Didn't we say "let's wait until next years deep quarterback class" last year? Yep, let's just keep putting it off until next year. It's the dolphins official motto.this years class is no longer deep with luck and rg3 off the board. almost all teams will be set at qb after the draft and free agency, our chances will be a lot better next year to get a qb who can play right away, luck and rg3 ,e.g.

Aqua and Orange
03-19-2012, 11:48 PM

Nubs, don't do it! Don't get your hopes up on draft day. It will only end in three steps:

1) You wildly upset at your television
2) Staring at the ground for a long time.
3) Then trying with much difficulty to convince yourself that maybe a right tackle or D lineman was the right pick.

Rince, repeat. After last year, I'm done with this.

Aqua and Orange
03-19-2012, 11:50 PM
If Tannehill is passed on by Cleveland at #4 and isn't selected at #8 by Miami, I'd be shocked to say the least ... but for some god forsaken reason Miami doesn't draft a QB in 2012, they better hope that 2013 is the year they strike gold!!!

In all honestly, how many years are we going to keep saying next year, next year? There needs to be some long term planning done NOW.

trojanma
03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
The market for Tannehill is eroding fast.
If Cle doesn't take him which is almost a given we could probably trade down 10 spots get him or Floyd.
This is a deep draft for wr.

fishbanger
03-20-2012, 12:00 AM
I think we can get a good QB in the first 3 rounds. After RG III there may not be a big difference between the next few QBs. Trade down and then pick BPA based o the positions needed most and that are most critical relative to draft talent availability.

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM
I have a strong feeling that they'll go Brandon Weeden in the 2nd round

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 12:18 AM
are you just going to clap your hands and make a franchise QB appear for us? or do you want us to use the #8 overall pick on a QB, just because? i'm pretty sure ireland, philbin and ross all want a franchise QB a whole hell of a lot more than you do, your opinion notwithstanding. if it was so easy to solve the franchise QB problem, we would have done it long ago, as would the redskins, seahawks, jets, titans, vikings, browns, 49ers, chiefs, etc. i could go on and on. as stupid as it is to say, luck plays a huge part in all this. like having the #2 overall pick when there is no franchise QB (in your opinion) coming out of college. like having the #1 overall pick when there is no franchise QB coming out of college (in your opinion). like barkley not coming out this year. sure, the christian ponders and jake lockers and blaine gabberts can go insanely high in a draft to other teams, doesn't mean any of them were worth the pick at the time, or will justify the pick in the future. but believe me, if "their guy" had been there last year (ireland's first as gm), or is there this year, they will take him. but they won't reach for someone not worth the pick because a fan on a message board thinks they have no interest in settling the QB position. and i am with them on that.

My sentiment mirrored. Well done :hclap:

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Maybe Philbin sees something in Moore, which i hope to god is true...

If we do not take a qb at 8, we better take Michael Floyd at 8. He is going to be an instant upgrade to our offense. Yes, Marshall dropped touchdowns and he is a dummy off the field, you cant undermine his value on the field. Floyd could easily match the value of Marshall on the field x100.

Dude, I'd be pretty hyped if we score Floyd in the draft; especially if we trade back and still get him. I honestly think that Matt Moore is more than capable of running, even excelling in Philbin's offense. No need to tear the foundation down just to say you got a QB. I'm sure Jacksonville is loving their Blaine Gabbert obsession from last year.

NoblePhin
03-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Kellen Moore in the 5th!

buxster07
03-20-2012, 02:39 AM
with the Garrard signing, and the qb situation somewhat addressed. i think the fins are in a bigger whole at pass rush now.

i agree with omar suggesting we'll go w/ a pressure player in the 1st round. but perhaps in the 2nd round will go after a qb.

perhaps those rounds may be the make or break moments for ireland tenure.

moonman
03-20-2012, 02:42 AM
If you guys haven't noticed yet Weeden is legit. I'm all over him in the second round and I feel good about it. If the age thing bothers you...lol

Uruguayfinfan
03-20-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm starting to get down to earth and feel like if we stay with moore we can have a good year. At least trying to convince myself of that, considering he did well the last part of the season.
I believe we won't be drafting a QB as well.
I spent some time making research and it seems like there's no QB really worth drafting this year, who could be a franchise QB rather than RG3 and Luck, so i rather we don't draft a QB at all, unless we do on late rounds.

dolphans1
03-20-2012, 02:59 AM
the Dolphins need a receiver now that a huge void has been made. What do you do?

d-1

Ed Norton
03-20-2012, 11:41 AM
That would be a great result if it's Weeden in the 2nd round but I'm nervous about him lasting that long. If he is there at 8 and they pass I'm not going to be able to sit still the rest of the 1st round.

Could Cleveland be interested? Is SF really happy with Smith ? Jacksonville? Arizona and the Titans are so thrilled with their QBs they made a move for Manning?

Exuro
03-20-2012, 05:44 PM
The only quarterback with game experience on the roster signed though next year is David Garrard.

With a new head coach in town, they're drafting a QB. Hopefully the guy with the most potential.

kcbrown
03-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Exactly..."wait till next year"....the Dolphin theme song.

finfan54
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
41. Brandon Weeden

they will like the maturity