PDA

View Full Version : Draft Picture Suddenly Became Clear

SF Dolphin Fan
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
It's Ryan Tannehill or Brandon Weeden in Round 1 guys. It has to be. After Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, these are the two with the best shot at becoming franchise quarterbacks. If Cleveland takes Tannehill, Miami drafts Weeden at #8. I don't see Miami even attempting to trade down with teams like Buffalo, Kansas City and maybe even Seattle looking for that franchise signal caller as well. I know that both Tannehill and Weeden would be considered reaches, but after those two we are looking at serviceable guys most likely. The Dolphins have to take the leap of faith. All other needs have to wait until Round 2.

insom187
03-20-2012, 02:50 AM
If we take Weeden at #8 I will do something drastic and/or violent to whatever is within arms length of me.

JCane
03-20-2012, 02:51 AM
If we take Weeden at #8 I will do something drastic and/or violent to whatever is within arms length of me.

Yeap.

If you want to draft Weeden, fine.

You don't draft him at #8. HORRIBLE value there.

Shabam88
03-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Tannehill OR Weeden at 8 is so horrible, not even Jeff Ireland could make the move.

MiamiDolphin618
03-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Nobody thought Locker and Ponder would go as high as they did either. If we want Tannehill we will take him at 8. With Weeden, we would probably trade down, but maybe not.

miadolphins101
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Meanwhile Ponder and Locker have done what in the NFL? Why not get a good defensive player, give Moore/Garrard a year, and with the AFC East shaping up as tough as it seems this year, we should be in a good spot next year for a better value QB... Reaching for a guy just for the sake of filling a position isn't a good way to draft... Only way to justify Tannehill of Weeden is if we trade down to get them, which isn't always a guarantee either...

Mudder1310
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Both Locker and Ponder came into the draft highly though of as pro prospects. Locker would have been top 3 if he came out a year early, and Ponder was considered the closest to being NFL ready by many scouts after his bowl games.

No one is saying any of those things about anyone but Luck and RG3. This is a group of 3rd rd players at best if you're being honest.

Roman529
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I think if Tannehill is there at #8 Sherman will draft him.....if not, I think we trade down. I don't think there is a guarantee we draft a QB this year.....we are rebuilding and may go after O-lineman, WR's, a TE, DE. If Tannehill is taken by the Browns or a team that moves up ahead of him, we may just pass on a QB until next year.

DKphin
03-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Tannehill OR Weeden at 8 is so horrible, not even Jeff Ireland could make the move.I think you want to rethink that statement.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
I think if Tannehill is there at #8 Sherman will draft him.....if not, I think we trade down. I don't think there is a guarantee we draft a QB this year.....we are rebuilding and may go after O-lineman, WR's, a TE, DE. If Tannehill is taken by the Browns or a team that moves up ahead of him, we may just pass on a QB until next year.

Why is that so many fans assume this? Philbin knew Flynn better than anyone, yet he is not a Dolphin. Sherman may know Tannehill well enough to know that he is NOT the solution. I see nothing in Tannehill to get excited about, and I think those that assume he will be our pick will be wrong.

ChambersWI
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Why is that so many fans assume this? Philbin knew Flynn better than anyone, yet he is not a Dolphin. Sherman may know Tannehill well enough to know that he is NOT the solution. I see nothing in Tannehill to get excited about, and I think those that assume he will be our pick will be wrong.

to be fair though, from the start of free agency the NFLN guys have said that Miami really wasn't that interested in Flynn and they were more interested in Tannehill.

Drafting him at 8 isn't a big deal as he's been considered a first round pick by many and a lot of people thought he could sky rocket up the board. Weeden... let me just say this, if you draft Brandon Weeden at 8 you better hope he wins the starting job right away.

finfan54
03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
dont know where tannehill at 4 for cleveland comes from. not gonna happen. Im starting to think we will take weeden at 41.

houtz
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Tannehill will be our guy and I think we will all be happy we passed on Flynn/Smith/RG3

SF Dolphin Fan
03-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Tannehill will be our guy and I think we will all be happy we passed on Flynn/Smith/RG3Yeah, I agree. Honestly, other than lack of experience, I don't know what there is not to like about Ryan Tannehill. I do believe if Cleveland passes, he will be a Miami Dolphin at #8.

X-Pacolypse
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
There is NO WAY Brandon Weeden will be picked in the Top 10. Not a chance.

Da GODfather
03-20-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm all for drafting BPA and hopefully landing a solid day 1 starter. I'd rather wait till next year to draft a QB. It's just makes no sense to waste a 1st round pick on a QB, just for the sake of taking a QB.

dr.jake
03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
tannehill and weedeater are "considered" reaches? you are being way too kind.they are pop the arm socket picks!!!

kvado16
03-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Tannehill at no. 8 is ok with me but Weeden can be had at the bottom of the first round or even in the 2nd for that matter.

LANGER72
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Tannehill is not worthy of the number 8 pick IMHO. We should plan on picking our franchise QB in 2013. Barkley or Jones.
Stock the team with talent and draft a project QB.

PAfinfan63069
03-21-2012, 08:52 PM
If that happens all the Ireland haters will not have to worry about him getting fired that's because he would be locked up for insanity !!!

uga3406
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
if we take weeden at #8 i will do something drastic and/or violent to whatever is within arms length of me.

rofl

uga3406
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
tannehill will be our guy and i think we will all be happy we passed on flynn/smith/rg3

not!!!