PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me some insight on Floyd?

Nawledge
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6242

It says he had an underage drinking in 09, police got called for a fight and he got another underage drinking in 2010, and a dui in 2011.

I know people make mistakes and I like drinking too I know he was in college but does anyone think of this guy being a problem? I don't know anything about him I just know I've seen his name tossed around. I googled him and that article came up so I was just curious.

Also, I saw people suggesting trading back and taking him...how high do you think he is worthy of being drafted and what's your thoughts on him? What pick doesn't he make it past?

Do you really think we take a wr in round one?

Im anticipating the rams taking blackmon (if he's there when they pick) so im trying to get a feel for the next best prospects, if u could give me some of yourthe thoughts on those guys that would be great as well.

insom187
03-20-2012, 02:45 AM
In my eyes the whole situation sucks because we need a big offense playmaker in the worst way but this draft doesnt have that many, especially by the time we pick. I can still see Richarson falling to us but with us moving to a WCO I see the Fins trading the pick if he fell to us to grab more down the line. As far as Floyd goes it's not as if those issues would stop me from taking him, I just don't like him at 8 for us. There should be a quality pass rusher at 8 though (Coples, Perry, Ingram and Upshaw come to mind) and since that is another whole we have I see us going that route. If we trade farther back in the first I expect us to take a receiver later in the first as there seem to be more in that range that could fit our potential offense (Wright or Hill come to mind here).

ITS!MATEO
03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
That would be my ideal scenario. Trade back for Floyd and pick up an extra 2nd round pick. With that we could take a OG/OT and Sanu from Rutgers in round 2.

Leaves us with a whole new set of weapons and extra picks.

Miamifin23
03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing him in a fins uniform next season

finfan54
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
i didnt know he had 3 years of drinking probs. I think philbin will pass and go for the character guys that CK/boomer mentioned.

Kdawg954
03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
That would be my ideal scenario. Trade back for Floyd and pick up an extra 2nd round pick. With that we could take a OG/OT and Sanu from Rutgers in round 2.

Leaves us with a whole new set of weapons and extra picks.

You aren't trading back, picking up a 2nd and still getting Michael Floyd. That is the problem with this team now, we miss on all these guys in the 2nd and 3rd round and then we get less value in the first because of them trade downs. Floyd is a legit top 10 pick and he has legit top 10 ability . . . if you want a playmaker and for sure #1 WR on your team, you take him at 8 and move on to round 2.

I know Philbin/Sherman have their own type of WR in mind, but you best believe he would love him some Michael Floyd in this offense.