PDA

View Full Version : Things look bad but we probably draft Tannehill !!!

chrisjp
03-20-2012, 07:48 AM
I think we draft Tannehill for sure now. He has the tools. we are in half rebuilding mode. this has been very frustrating but i think Tannehill is all but a lock at this point. i truly dont see cleveland taking him at number 4.

enduro
03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
I think we draft Tannehill for sure now. He has the tools. we are in half rebuilding mode. this has been very frustrating but i think Tannehill is all but a lock at this point. i truly dont see cleveland taking him at number 4.

as of right now Tannehill is a lock at #8 for the fins. If he is still on the board.

Chubby
03-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Yes it seems like the right move but it Ireland is still at the Helm, Prob another OL

NYinBostonFin
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Reaching for a QB early in the 1st round without a solid WR to throw to.

Yeah, get excited....lol

Chubby
03-20-2012, 08:05 AM

Yeah, get excited....lol
Settling for anything not a QB and most likely another OL is even more exciting :)

Keeno1
03-20-2012, 08:07 AM
as of right now Tannehill is a lock at #8 for the fins. If he is still on the board.

If he is still on the board. What is the master plan if he is gone? Would assume Weeden would be in the mix, but not at 8. Problem is Cleveland could leap Miami of they trade back or KC may like him.

Penthos
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm all for it, if Cleveland doesn't grab him first.

At this point I'm on board with drafting the Best QB Available every year until we find "the one".

Chubby
03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
If he is still on the board. What is the master plan if he is gone? Would assume Weeden would be in the mix, but not at 8. Problem is Cleveland could leap Miami of they trade back or KC may like him. Yes I assume Weeden would have to be plan B or is that Plan C,D,E,F not sure..

Chubby
03-20-2012, 08:14 AM
I'm all for it, if Cleveland doesn't grab him first.

At this point I'm on board with drafting the Best QB Available every year until we find "the one". This is what we should have been doing since the day we chose long. At this point though I wouldnt be against doubling up at QB early and again late in the draft untill we hit on 1.
Chubbs

Nublar7
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
If he lasts to #8, you have to take him. Would definitely make a dreary offseason brighter.

zach attach
03-20-2012, 08:59 AM
If he can start. Will he be able to stand in there and compete with NFL speed defenses? Can he step in and go from day one? Alot of questions for a no. 8 pick, unless we move up for him. At 8 or earlier, I'd like to have a more solid feel about it.

ryanosaur2000
03-20-2012, 09:28 AM
The strange thing is, we are actually now in more of a difficult spot as to what position to draft with our first rounder than we were at the end of 2011. We now need a QB, RT and a #1 WR. Tannehill might be a bit of a stretch at 8, and that is if he even makes it to us at that spot (trading up for him would be madness, imo). The fans will go mental if we draft a RT in the first round and it seems unlikely that Blackmon will make it past the Rams at 6.

It is going to be an interesting and potentially frustrating/disappointing draft for us.

outlawd2u
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Tannehill at #8 is a big stretch IMO. I still think the Phins will end up taking the best available pass rusher at #8 or trade down and just take BPA throughout the draft.

enduro
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM

Yeah, get excited....lol

expect multiple te picks and wr picks. just not at #1

NYinBostonFin
03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
expect multiple te picks and wr picks. just not at #1

And if we draft Tanny? That will be at #1 right?

I don't think we are going to find an excellent WR core, good TE, and a QB in this draft....and that is forgetting about the pass rusher, and vacant oline spot we need.

Dmarino110
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes it seems like the right move but it Ireland is still at the Helm, Prob another OLI dont know, we dont have a KR right now...
And if we draft Tanny? That will be at #1 right?

I don't think we are going to find an excellent WR core, good TE, and a QB in this draft....and that is forgetting about the pass rusher, and vacant oline spot we need.Right now Ireland should know that if he doesnt get buts in seats he is gone...At least thats my hope...Offense puts buts in seats, not defense, crap you are barely allowed to play defense any more...We need to draft explosive skill position players, 2 WRs and a TE at least...ride it out with moore with some better tools and see what happens...

Markcalius
03-21-2012, 10:36 PM

I have never cared to challenge your credibility in the past, but you did just recently state that Matt Flynn was our Plan A.

Considering the contract he signed with Seattle, we clearly could have afforded him. So did Ireland/Philbin just come across as that unlikable, or was that never really Plan A to begin with?

normaldude
03-21-2012, 10:47 PM
1st Rd: Best WR available.
2nd Rd: QB Brandon Weedon.
3rd Rd: Best RT available.

jason_taylor
03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
1st Rd: Best WR available.
2nd Rd: QB Brandon Weedon.
3rd Rd: Best RT available.

imo if we the FO dosent think that tannehill is a franchise QB then we need to try and move up and grab Blackmon and go grab OLB RT WR TE WITH THE REST OF THE PICKS AND SURROUND Moore with all the weapons that we can possible get for him to succeed and go with Moore and see what happens and if he dont pan out grab a QB next year.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
If he is still on the board. What is the master plan if he is gone? Would assume Weeden would be in the mix, but not at 8. Problem is Cleveland could leap Miami of they trade back or KC may like him.I think a trade down for more picks might be an option with Kurt Cousins in Round 2. Maybe trade with Cincy and draft Kendal Wright or Michael Floyd if he's still there.

miamb113
03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Tannehill is out guy!

newlownorder
03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Dolphins should try and trade back either way. Cleveland would have to trade up to get him still. If they do then you take weeden in round 2.

Shabam88
03-22-2012, 06:50 PM

Yeah, get excited....lol

While I agree with this....I want the Dolphins to take QB in the first round EVERY season until we find a franchise QB....when that happends, we can worry about a WR afterwards.