PDA

View Full Version : Fans/Media just as responsible as Ireland!!!

Jersey DolFan
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM
You people down there, you dont show up to games, and when you do, you hold up "suck for luck" signs and chant "we want orton!" at practice.

now in march - during a week day - you are out there with paper bags over your heads protesting?? HAHA!

when people say they dont want to play in Miami do you really think its ALL b/c of IRELAND??

what about the fact the home games feel like away games, the media sucks and is clueless plus jumps on every player and coaches back at the first sign of some some rough times, the idiots that call into to wqam are more clueless than jets fans half the time.

i have friends who are jets fans, pats fans, giants fans, boys fans ETC. and NONE OF THEM, NONE OF THEM have as much negative things to say about our roster/coaches/chances as my fellow dolphins fans.

its a DISGRACE.

we are not ONE of the worst franchises - we are now THE WORST. b/c not only is our team not winning - but our fan base is a laughin stock of clowns and fools.

:crazy::hump::3w::lol2::hclap::confused:

TOOLS.

damanref10
03-20-2012, 12:59 PM
yeah the fans are the reason our FO can't get their head out of their a$$es. what a joke.
Money talks. FA's go where the money is. The FO just doesn't know how to run an NFL team. When Jaguars are grabbing more free agents then you are.. it shows that the fans have nothing to do with it, they cant even fill their high school stadium

Miamifinz
03-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Oh here we go. "The Dolphins suck because the fans don't go to see them" argument.

MinnesotaFin
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
OP sorry but your the problem.

Vertical Limit
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Oh here we go another blame the fans thread!! Because we're in charge of personnel.

Canadianfishfan
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Not spending a lot of time contemplating the thread.. but the protest is pathetic.

fishbanger
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
I watched the dolphins go undefeated when I was 10. Where were you?

MadDog 88
03-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Unbelievable.

ganggreen617
every florida team has the same problem with fan support

go to any jets dolphins, mets marlins, or heat knicks game and the crowd is always 50-50 and sometimes 60-40 the away team

heck during the 2003 world series they mine as well have named the stadium yankee stadium south

Roman529
So now it's the fan's fault???? :rolleyes2:

SabanHater
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
I guess the OP is okay with another 10 years of the same 'ol $#!t.

dude, your living in your own little world.

SoFlaFan
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Surprise but not everyone is a homer. It's about being accountable at your job. We expect our team to put the best chance for winning out there. It has been a comedic series of errors for too long and we are reacting accordingly. Its you who are the problem if you are happy with this.

MadDog 88
03-20-2012, 01:11 PM

go to any jets dolphins, mets marlins, or heat knicks game and the crowd is always 50-50 and sometimes 60-40 the away team

heck during the 2003 world series they mine as well have named the stadium yankee stadium southThe Dolphins season ticket base has dropped from 60,000 to 30,000. If they put a winner on the field the stadium would be packed with Dolphins fans and not opponents fans. This is the lowest season ticket commitment since 1969.

NIXFINS
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
What a stupid OP. Do us all a favor stay in Jersey

FinsFan74
Um my brother in law is the epitome of a die hard Jets fan and he's always running his mouth about how bad the Jets suck...Oh and imagine that, the Colts had Suck for Luck signs all season with a hall of fame qb still on the team....guess they are despicable fans and deserve to be trounced....plus what's with all these "you people down south"....I'm sorry, the last time I looked we are ALL Dolphins fans and don't need to be pulling this crap about oh the fans are as much to blame! Don't take this the wrong way but that's friggin crazy! How much more money do the fans have to spend to ensure many more years of mediocrity?! And when is the last time fans were on the field contributing to wins or losses? Get out of here with that mess man

DevilInPgh

heck during the 2003 world series they mine as well have named the stadium yankee stadium south

I mean, yeah, there was a semi-loud "Let's go Yankees" chant, but I thought I heard something else drowning it out on TV, namely "YANKEES SUCK!"

mwt5584
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM
The fans and media are part of the problem. The media set these expectations that Matt Flynn was the answer and everyone bought in. Clearly, the dolphins don't think the Matt Flynn is any better than Matt Moore. I think they wanted the two to compete. They wanted to pay accordingly.

Ross states that he wants a Franchise quarterback. The only one avaialbe this offseason was Peyton Manning. He was never going to come here but the dolphins tried.

Outside of not getting Peyton Manning and passing on Matt Flynn, what have the dolphins done wrong. It's March. There is a a lot of time to fill the holes on the roster.

Everyone needs to calm down. You're embarrassing yourselves.

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 01:16 PM

heck during the 2003 world series they mine as well have named the stadium yankee stadium southActually the Dolphins fan base is huge outside the state of Florida, people were moving out of South Florida in droves when....well, you figure it out

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I mean, yeah, there was a semi-loud "Let's go Yankees" chant, but I thought I heard something else drowning it out on TV, namely "YANKEES SUCK!"My memory is a little hazy, who won that series?

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
The fans and media are part of the problem. The media set these expectations that Matt Flynn was the answer and everyone bought in. Clearly, the dolphins don't think the Matt Flynn is any better than Matt Moore. I think they wanted the two to compete. They wanted to pay accordingly.

Ross states that he wants a Franchise quarterback. The only one avaialbe this offseason was Peyton Manning. He was never going to come here but the dolphins tried.

Outside of not getting Peyton Manning and passing on Matt Flynn, what have the dolphins done wrong. It's March. There is a a lot of time to fill the holes on the roster.

Everyone needs to calm down. You're embarrassing yourselves.Does this seriously need to be answered? C'mon man....we've had several years to get it right. It could have been addressed and has been neglected.

Jersey DolFan
03-20-2012, 01:26 PM
you need Logic to have a conversation.

you cannot say the reason no one comes here is "THE TEAM HAS A BAD VIBE" and then turn around and say its just the money.

bottom line - the miami dolphins has a bad vibe and a stench, and its not just the FO, its also the weak and vindictive fan base. and yes it is a STRONG national team.

but im calling out the tools out protesting like clowns and holding up suck for luck sings and chanting we want orton, or the idiots not showing up for games but who have PLENTY of time to post on here or stand around in davie with paper bags on their heads. or spend money on planes to fly messages over stadiums, but "cant afford" games or "have too much to do" its ridiculous.

SpurzN703
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
I watched the dolphins go undefeated when I was 10. Where were you?

I know you aren't talking to me (or most of us) but I wasn't alive in '72. So...what next?

Jersey DolFan
03-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I know you aren't talking to me (or most of us) but I wasn't alive in '72. So...what next?

me either - and so what does that mean anyway? you got to see the glory days and were spoiled with them and i wasnt? yet i still am not acting like a darn fool right now. . . i dont see how it serves his point. but hey.

dolphans1
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Many of these fans wanted Don Shula to be gone including the media. Don Shula even cited a new sort of viciousness within our media, and being the great leader he is, he said to the media, you make it sound like there are 30 something other teams out there, that aren't trying to win. Bryan Cox even said in a few years, we'd be wanting him back.

It's called pent-up frustration, similar to someone wanting a divorce, thinking things will be better, when in fact it may be short terms wise, but eventually new problems and new unforeseen set backs will arise.

The Manning sweepstakes was a bit over-the-top, as a single player literally controlled several franchises, and in the end signs with 1 team who is now negotiating on a year-by-years basis to account for his injuries.

I seriously feel, had we not given Brandon Marshall away, none of this would have blown up to this magnitude.

It also does not help when you have guys like Adam Schefter stirring the pot leading fans top believe that the Dolphins were the best logical choice. Schefter should not lead fans with false drama and speculation, which adds to this ridiculous spectacle.

Matt Moore is our man..!!

d-1

mwt5584
03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Does this seriously need to be answered? C'mon man....we've had several years to get it right. It could have been addressed and has been neglected.

Explain to me what could have been done this offseason to address the quarterback issue. Explain the terrible moves that were done this offseason that support the sudden outrage. I not happy with the state of the franchise, but it's March.

Successful franchises are built through the draft. Check the number of free agents signed by GB over the last 3-4 years. This is Philbin's belief.

DefensiveEnd76
03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
The protest is only pathetic because there should be thousands of Dolphin fans there protesting as well as someone flying a banner over team headquarters.

mialuv13
03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
The Dolphins season ticket base has dropped from 60,000 to 30,000. If they put a winner on the field the stadium would be packed with Dolphins fans and not opponents fans. This is the lowest season ticket commitment since 1969.

Agreed 100%. Those 30,000 people now have Heat and Marlins season tickets. It's actually worth the value of the tickets to go see these other teams. This is the organization's fault. Bring winners into town and then see how many Dolphins' fans show up. The Heat create so much revenue for the team and the surrounding area it's amazing. The Dolphins can't even create revenue within its own organization. Don't blame the fans, blame the team for not giving the fans a legitimate reason to fill those stands.

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Explain to me what could have been done this offseason to address the quarterback issue. Explain the terrible moves that were done this offseason that support the sudden outrage. I not happy with the state of the franchise, but it's March.

Successful franchises are built through the draft. Check the number of free agents signed by GB over the last 3-4 years. This is Philbin's belief.You are totally missing the point....you mention "this" offseason several times. With your mentality we should be enamored in mediocrity for many years to come. This is NOT the first offseason of the Ireland regime, he has been mediocre at best in finding a viable franchise qb, so your repetitive "this" offseason isn't valid....and it's not sudden outrage...this has been accumulating over time and people are tired of the charade

WesternNYDolfan
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM
You people down there, you dont show up to games, and when you do, you hold up "suck for luck" signs and chant "we want orton!" at practice.

now in march - during a week day - you are out there with paper bags over your heads protesting?? HAHA!

when people say they dont want to play in Miami do you really think its ALL b/c of IRELAND??

what about the fact the home games feel like away games, the media sucks and is clueless plus jumps on every player and coaches back at the first sign of some some rough times, the idiots that call into to wqam are more clueless than jets fans half the time.

i have friends who are jets fans, pats fans, giants fans, boys fans ETC. and NONE OF THEM, NONE OF THEM have as much negative things to say about our roster/coaches/chances as my fellow dolphins fans.

its a DISGRACE.

we are not ONE of the worst franchises - we are now THE WORST. b/c not only is our team not winning - but our fan base is a laughin stock of clowns and fools.

TOOLS.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really don't want to be hard on the South Florida folks, but there's no way around it. They're terrible uninformed overreactionary fans. That listen to ESPN far too much for their own good. Being on the A Block of PTI doesn't matter. Getting praised by journalists who root for drama and headlines is not a good thing. These fans are turning into a joke, and really at this point the only hope might be for them to move the team, away from fair weather fans and ****ty local news outlets.

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM

its a DISGRACE.

TOOLS.

:fhpotd:

I agree 1000%. I'm so ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has nothing to do with the organization. I listen to Sedano's show via podcast and I'm just disgusted.

I live in NY and all of my friends are Jets, Giants and Cowboys fans, and they ALL seem to think the Dolphins are simply efficient QB play away from being a serious contender. Coming to the boards is more painful than it ever has been before.

I know I'll hear the same ole rhetoric in this thread, but...:bobdole: nevermind

mwt5584
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
You are totally missing the point....you mention "this" offseason several times. With your mentality we should be enamored in mediocrity for many years to come. This is NOT the first offseason of the Ireland regime, he has been mediocre at best in finding a viable franchise qb, so your repetitive "this" offseason isn't valid

Nobody should be happy to be mediocre. The dolphins just got a new coach. I'm hoping he has a big say in the direction of the franchise. I think the fans are blaming Ireland because he is the easy target. When you get a new coaching staff, there is generally a big turnover on the roster. Because we have new coach, I think fans need to judge this regime (Ireland and Philbin) from this offseason forward.

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 01:43 PM
you need Logic to have a conversation.

you cannot say the reason no one comes here is "THE TEAM HAS A BAD VIBE" and then turn around and say its just the money.

bottom line - the miami dolphins has a bad vibe and a stench, and its not just the FO, its also the weak and vindictive fan base. and yes it is a STRONG national team.

but im calling out the tools out protesting like clowns and holding up suck for luck sings and chanting we want orton, or the idiots not showing up for games but who have PLENTY of time to post on here or stand around in davie with paper bags on their heads. or spend money on planes to fly messages over stadiums, but "cant afford" games or "have too much to do" its ridiculous.

Are you on Twitter?

WesternNYDolfan
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
:fhpotd:

I agree 1000%. I'm so ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has nothing to do with the organization. I listen to Sedano's show via podcast and I'm just disgusted.

I live in NY and all of my friends are Jets, Giants and Cowboys fans, and they ALL seem to think the Dolphins are simply efficient QB play away from being a serious contender. Coming to the boards is more painful than it ever has been before.

I know I'll hear the same ole rhetoric in this thread, but...:bobdole: nevermind

Same here, it's actually like reverse cognitive dissonance. The hate is contagious in that region. Almost makes the NY media seem tame.

I don't think they realize that the answer to every problem isn't FIRE FIRE FIRE. Fact is that tends to just continue to cause more problems. Most fans I know are quite pleased with this offseason. Just seems to be the idiots in South Florida who are running around like retards.

FinsFan74
Nobody should be happy to be mediocre. The dolphins just got a new coach. I'm hoping he has a big say in the direction of the franchise. I think the fans are blaming Ireland because he is the easy target. When you get a new coaching staff, there is generally a big turnover on the roster. Because we have new coach, I think fans need to judge this regime (Ireland and Philbin) from this offseason forward.I agree

Finfan0120
LOL. Threads like this are a joke. I'm pretty sure the fans didn't decide to trade our best receiver for a bag of peanuts.

Cleetus
03-20-2012, 01:55 PM
If you build a real team the fans will come

Finfan0120
03-20-2012, 01:55 PM
"Most fans I know are quite pleased with this offseason"

I would love to know what these "fans" are "pleased with"...I'd also love to have some of whatever happy pills they're taking.

WesternNYDolfan
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
LOL. Threads like this are a joke. I'm pretty sure the fans didn't decide to trade our best receiver for a bag of peanuts.

Quotes like that are a joke, I'm pretty sure our FO didn't decide to punch a woman in a NY club and face a suspension, but he did, so they roll with the punches and at least got some picks

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM

This is a good example; no perspective.

Ben Had
03-20-2012, 01:58 PM

So you think 2-3rd round draft picks equal a bag of peanuts. Proof of why many agree with this thread.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

This is a good example; no perspective.

Thank you.

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Quotes like that are a joke, I'm pretty sure our FO didn't decide to punch a woman in a NY club and face a suspension, but he did, so they roll with the punches and at least got some picksAre you certain it wasn't Dez Bryant's mom....because if that was the case, it may have just been a simple pimp slap

daniel3
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Whatever happened to the "We want Orton" crowd :(? Maybe went to same place with the Brady Quinn people.

SebasMiamiFan
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM
So it's my fault we keep losing? I guess it's also my fault the Heat lost the Finals last year. Yah it's the fans who make the decisions and coach the team.

mialuv13
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM

its a DISGRACE.

TOOLS.

What do you mean by "you?" You do realize that the majority of Dolphins fans down here don't even know this message board exists so your comments to the "you" is being directed to the wrong people. The vast majority of Dolphins fans don't come on these boards, so the opinions of the people on these boards is a tiny sample size restricted to the team's most intense fans.

I love how people who don't live down here always give the fans who do live down here **** about being better fans. Miami has fair weather fans. It has been like that for ages. Get over it. You guys are looking at it within such a limited scope. It is more than just the Dolphins down here (as it is in many big cities), and right now I know plenty of people who gave up their tickets to watch the Heat play. It's hard to drop over $90-$250 dollars for a day of watching a team that won 3 games at home last season.

This is an age old argument that will never subside on this board. Fans down here don't want to waste their hard earned cash on disappointment when they can spend that money on something way more valuable... like on teams that have actually brought a championship or even gone to a championship since 1984. "You fans" is the most insignificant reason to be ashamed of being a Dolphins fan right now.

We were under the impression that this team was not that far from being a contender in our own division, but the blinders have come off and "us fans" have realized that the organization, NOT THE FANS, really ****ed up the morale down here. Maybe Ireland made the right choices by not bringing in certain FAs, or maybe they didn't. No one will know until after the draft and probably half way through the season. Don't blame the fans for seemingly horrid personnel moves that subdue the minimal excitement we received by getting a new coaching staff. All the signs are pointing to rebuilding the team, no longer filling in the gaps. Don't get me wrong now I believe building through the draft creates a much more cohesive unit with a stronger foundation than piecemeal teams, but a lot of people don't want to wait.

The mentality is different in Miami. It is very fast paced when it comes to what's "in" and if the team doesn't keep the fans happy, the fans will just take I-95 South to Downtown Miami to watch the Heat or the Marlins play ball. It's not the fans' fault the Dolphins have been mediocre. The fans don't play the game, the players are on the field, and the FO puts those players on the field.

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 02:16 PM
So it's my fault we keep losing? I guess it's also my fault the Heat lost the Finals last year. Yah it's the fans who make the decisions and coach the team.You know what, I'm tired of fans like you making us lose.....geeez!

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
What do you mean by "you?" You do realize that the majority of Dolphins fans down here don't even know this message board exists so your comments to the "you" is being directed to the wrong people. The vast majority of Dolphins fans don't come on these boards, so the opinions of the people on these boards is a tiny sample size restricted to the team's most intense fans.

I love how people who don't live down here always give the fans who do live down here **** about being better fans. Miami has fair weather fans. It has been like that for ages. Get over it. You guys are looking at it within such a limited scope. It is more than just the Dolphins down here (as it is in many big cities), and right now I know plenty of people who gave up their tickets to watch the Heat play. It's hard to drop over $90-$250 dollars for a day of watching a team that won 3 games at home last season.

This is an age old argument that will never subside on this board. Fans down here don't want to waste their hard earned cash on disappointment when they can spend that money on something way more valuable... like on teams that have actually brought a championship or even gone to a championship since 1984. "You fans" is the most insignificant reason to be ashamed of being a Dolphins fan right now.

This team was not that far from being a contender in our own division, but the blinders have come off and "us fans" have realized that the organization, NOT THE FANS, really ****ed up the morale down here. Maybe Ireland made the right choices by not bringing in certain FAs, or maybe they didn't. No one will know until after the draft and probably half way through the season. Don't blame the fans for seemingly horrid personnel moves that subdue the minimal excitement we received by getting a new coaching staff. All the signs are pointing to rebuilding the team, no longer filling in the gaps. The mentality is different in Miami. It is very fast paced when it comes to what's "in" and if the team doesn't keep the fans happy, the fans will just take I-95 South to Downtown Miami to watch the Heat or the Marlins play ball.Great post

SebasMiamiFan
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
You know what, I'm tired of fans like you making us lose.....geeez!

Damn, now I feel bad. It's all my fault. I need a drink.

Harry_Bagpipe
03-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Lol. There's still a sucker born every minute.

WesternNYDolfan
03-20-2012, 02:25 PM
"Most fans I know are quite pleased with this offseason"

I would love to know what these "fans" are "pleased with"...I'd also love to have some of whatever happy pills they're taking.

Because we didn't overpay for a short term solution (Manning) who might very well be washed up

We didn't reach and overpay for a mediocre FA QB (Flynn, Smith)

We gained draft picks and cap space. Its the way the smart organizations run; New England, GB and Pitt

Scrap
03-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Note to OP: You can't expect to get a good response blaming the fans on a fan forum. I do agree with you though. I've fought this battle on several occasions. Opponents of your argument may even refer to you as a Nazi leader (happened to me). lol. Hang in there and keep fighting the good fight. I don't have the desire to argue today.

WesternNYDolfan
03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Whatever happened to the "We want Orton" crowd :(? Maybe went to same place with the Brady Quinn people.

Make room for the Flynnsanity crowd when he falls on his face in Seattle lol

J. David Wannyheimer
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Here come the carpetbaggers, folks.

FinsFan74
03-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Damn, now I feel bad. It's all my fault. I need a drink.classic! lmao!

DeathStar
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
hahahaha

The blind faithers are getting upset!

It's the fans fault that Ireland doesn't know how to draft and pick players...

LOL.

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Make room for the Flynnsanity crowd when he falls on his face in Seattle lol

...if he can even beat out Tavaris Jackson

DeathStar
03-20-2012, 02:55 PM
It's the exact same fans defending the front office and blaming the fans...

And yet our record becomes worse...And they keep blaming the fans...

Keep it up, we aren't buying season tickets.

dolfan_101
03-20-2012, 03:04 PM
:lol: it's a trip people actually think like this. Yea Jeff Ireland is infallible and it's everyone elses fault. It's the blind homers who appeal to unqualified authority that are hurting this organization.

Mogwai
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Some of you are like beaten housewives. "It can't be the ones actually running the team.. it's... it's... the fans!" Seek help.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
It's the exact same fans defending the front office and blaming the fans...

And yet our record becomes worse...And they keep blaming the fans...

Keep it up, we aren't buying season tickets.

It's our fault that we've had 13 starting QBs in 12 years, man.

Harry_Bagpipe
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Year after year after year its the same posters though that always defend the current FO, coach and players. They will always remain apologists and will always we wearing the orange an aqua glasses. Ireland could take a dump on the 50 yard line at Sunlife and call it the teams new starting Strong Safety and before they even post, you can list the names of people who will praise it as a good move

Scrap
03-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Year after year after year its the same posters though that always defend the current FO, coach and players. They will always remain apologists and will always we wearing the orange an aqua glasses. Ireland could take a dump on the 50 yard line at Sunlife and call it the teams new starting Strong Safety and before they even post, you can list the names of people who will praise it as a good moveIt would be a good move. When it comes to strong safeties, I hear he's the sh--.

NYPhinzFan
03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
what people who rip the "apologists" fail to realize is, blind faith and blind hatred are no different from each other. If building a dynasty was so easy, every team would have a dynasty. I'm not quick to tear down Ireland because of what Spielman and past regime's deficiencies were.

This "6-10? FIRE THEM ALL" mentality will get us nowhere. I understand if we were demolished in practically every game, wasn't competitive with anyone, and had no talent on the roster; then I'd say get this bum outta here, but that's not the case. I personally like the majority of the moves Ireland has made in the time that he has been here, and think this roster is drastically more talented after his arrival, than before; so I'll keep my pitchfork in the closet until the talent level begins to regress.

I'm not so shortsighted that I'm ready to blow it all up because the GM didn't pay a King's ransom to a QB one step from paralysis, or break the bank for a 7th round backup QB with 2 NFL starts. Am I content with going into the season with Matt Moore and David Garrard? No. But, I'm not in those front office meetings either, so I have no idea what their plans and visions are for the opening day roster, and neither do any of you. I'll withold my judgment until then. If the season begins and they're getting their blocks knocked off and not competitive, I'll be in line with you all ready to burn Ireland at the stake. But I won't do that in March because he didn't sign this year's Kevin Kolb (every year has one).