PDA

View Full Version : Calling Our Pick @ #8

BahamaFinFan78
03-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Decastro-Guard from Stanford. The safest pick out there.

Kdawg954
03-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Michael Floyd in the 1st
Brandon Weeden in the 2nd

SQuinn17
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Michael Floyd in the 1st
Brandon Weeden in the 2ndI'm down with that.

BillsFanInPeace
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
NEVER take a OG that High.

Best Pick IMO for you all is Floyd.

Take Cousins later.

dolfan91
03-20-2012, 10:53 PM
From a pure talent stand point DeCastro would be the pick. But if Tannehill is there, I can't see Miami passing on him, He may be a year or 2 away, but has starters skills. I'm not for reaching at #8 for Tannehill, but would understand why Miami would draft him. IMO DeCastro offers immediate dividends in an area of need.

ANUFan
03-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Some people actually think after all of this we won't pick a Qb at all in this draft! Unebelivable...unfortunately i do see them drafting a lineman with the #8

Nublar7
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
It has to be Tannehill if he drops to #8.

CedarPhin
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Get Cousins later in the draft.

BillsFanInPeace
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Get Cousins later in the draft.

This....

Bills fan hear saying.... I see ALOT of JP Losman failure in Tannehil

fishbanger
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Trade down once. draft QB or pass rusher. Get an extra second or third round pick. Lots of talent at our areas of need in this draft.

BillsFanInPeace
03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Trade down once. draft QB or pass rusher. Get an extra second or third round pick. Lots of talent at our areas of need in this draft.

I dont like that.... 8th overall in this draft you can get an IMPACT player.

Trade down you may get a Solid Player.

There are 9 players IMO that have a top 10 grade then a Pretty nice dropoff.

I dont like picking between 9-15 in this draft.

DzakkH13
03-20-2012, 11:07 PM
If possible, trade down to about #13-16 and pick up and extra 2nd.

Then draft Tannehill. If no trade possible, draft Tannehill at #8.

ANUFan
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Tannehill is not worth the #8 pick from what i see. Hell i would go as far and say he's not worth a 1st or even a 2nd round selection

JEDIJ007
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Michael Floyd in the 1st
this

rev kev
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I see the tradedown and then Floyd - with our no.1

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
My bet is Melvin Ingram because of his versatility

BillsFanInPeace
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Tannehill is not worth the #8 pick from what i see. Hell i would go as far and say he's not worth a 1st or even a 2nd round selection

THIS......

What has the kid done since the end of college season to elevate into the first round. He has not even worked out.....

He is being elevated because, Jones and Barkley did not declare and the QB needy teams, the Talking heads autmatically hype the player that should be taken in the 2nd.

SEE.... Christian Ponder.

Rocket2981
03-20-2012, 11:14 PM
this

I would like this plan but I fear that Weeden will be gone in the 2nd so I would draft Tannehill at 8 if CLE doesnt pick him at 4. If he's gone, I trade down to pick up an extra 2nd and draft Weeden with our 1st than 2WR with a 2nd and a 3rd + 2 defensive players with our other 2nd and 3rd...

ANUFan
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
THIS......

What has the kid done since the end of college season to elevate into the first round. He has not even worked out.....

He is being elevated because, Jones and Barkley did not declare and the QB needy teams, the Talking heads autmatically hype the player that should be taken in the 2nd.

He has terrible accuracy: i saw everything from balls placement behind players to balls placement too high and this is the guy they would draft(@8) to play in a WCO which requires accuracy more than anything else? NO WAY!

Give me the old guy!

DzakkH13
03-20-2012, 11:18 PM
THIS......

If Mike Sherman deems Tannehill a Franchise QB, I would defer to his judgement.

Miami is in a unique position regarding Tannehill.

TheBow305
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
It HAS to be Tannehill at 8, unless Blackmon is there. If Blackmon is there he needs to be the pick and we can trade back into the first to get Weeden.

Phins28
03-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Jeff Ireland= Riley Rieff, DeCastro or Coples

Clipse
03-20-2012, 11:22 PM
No doubt about it that it's going to be Decastro. That's how Ireland rolls. Take the safest pick in the draft, at a position that can be very easily filled without a high draft pick. Just like Long, and just like Pouncey. And then people have the nerve to praise Ireland for such picks :lol:

Lee2000
03-20-2012, 11:26 PM
I think the Dolphins are targeting qb choices in 2013. It is likely to be the pass rushing de due to value, or a trade down.

BillsFanInPeace
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
If Mike Sherman deems Tannehill a Franchise QB, I would defer to his judgement.

Miami is in a unique position regarding Tannehill.

Yes I understand that. Why was Mike Sherman available to be your OC again?

Sorry he is not a WCO QB. Weeden or Cousins would be better options. He is NOT a 1st round QB.

Why what he not talked about at all until all the other QBs did not declare, and what has he done to elevate himself into the 1st round. Nothing..... He has been hurt.

Yessir
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
My bet is Melvin Ingram because of his versatility

Good call, I agree.

BillsFanInPeace
03-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Good call, I agree.

I like Ingram. Actually do not even consider him for the Bills anymore, because I dont think he will be there at 10

Bartowboy
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM
IMO the pick is gonna be Tannehill.
Jeff Ireland knows he has to add a young arm through the draft.
The signing of Garrard to me, says that the loser of Garrard vs Moore will be the backup and the rookie will sit the season out.
That crosses Weeden off the list, due to age. Not to mention the relationship Shermen and Tannehill most likely have with each other is anyother positive. Coach Philbin will want a Rookie Qb to groom for a year and take over the Position next season.
IMO Philbin,Ireland and Sherman have had conversations regarding the strong Armed kid from A&M.

absoluteLance
03-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Floyd and weeden

nsbnative
03-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Tannehill or best player available at #8
Receiver or seam threat tight end with 2nd pick

tay0365
03-20-2012, 11:54 PM

Not this time, Miami better have a miraculous plan that will get us at the very least a quality QB that in time has the potential of leading a team to the playoffs and hopefully beyond.

nsbnative
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Not this time, Miami better have a miraculous plan that will get us at the very least a quality QB that in time has the potential of leading a team to the playoffs and hopefully beyond.

I agree with that and won't be happy if they take a lineman at #8. Either a quality quarterback (Tannehill) or an impact player on either side of the ball. They can find a quality lineman with one of our third rounders.

Vertical Limit
03-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Michael Floyd has to be the pick.

Tiko377
03-21-2012, 12:56 AM
This....

except tannehil is a leader and is respected by his teammates and is a hard worker.

LANGER72
03-21-2012, 01:01 AM
T Richardson

SebasMiamiFan
03-21-2012, 01:05 AM
Michael Floyd in the 1st

This.

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx
03-21-2012, 01:31 AM
Why does everyone think it will be Tannehill? Many people dont even think he's a first round talent and when has there ever been a sucessfull QB in the nfl who played more WR than QB in college? Weeden is definitly a more polished passer but he'll go 2nd round. I really doubt Ireland takes a OL in the top 8 with already invested a 1st in long and pouncey. We have 4 RB's so its not richardson. It's either Ingram or Floyd.

Tiko377
03-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Tannehil knows Sherman's system and has the upside to be great and reminds me somewhat of the ravens QB

Don't get why everyone wants Chris weinkes clone that is known as Brandon weeden.

Much rather have cousins instead of weeden in the 3rd round since we got two and groom him for a year

Uruguayfinfan
03-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Sorry im not sold on tannehill as much as everyone.... i would rather not draft a QB in the first round.

BahamaFinFan78
03-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Let me clarify, I don't want Decastro at 8, I just think that's just how this front office works. Unless Philbin gets them to change something, this is how they roll. My hope is Tannehill at 8 and Fleener (TE) in the second.

Zounds
03-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Richardson in the 1st, Weededn in the 2nd.

There is no WR or QB worth taking with the #8 overall pick.

Pitbull13
03-21-2012, 09:15 AM

I believe it will be Tannehill

hooshoops
03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
tannehill...no doubt in my mind...i'd like to think we could trade down and still get him in the mid teens range but i doubt ireland is gonna take that chance...the signing of garrard screams tannehill is the target

Phinatic8u
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Is Micheal Floyd worth 8? **** yes. You grab him, instantly get Marshall's replacement.

Zounds
03-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Floyd inst top 10 talent imo

Locke
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
In before enduro claims Jeff Ireland texted him and told him that they are targetting Tannehill after a trade down...

hooshoops
03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
In before enduro claims Jeff Ireland texted him and told him that they are targetting Tannehill after a trade down...

ha ha...

SF Dolphin Fan
03-21-2012, 02:20 PM
NEVER take a OG that High.

Best Pick IMO for you all is Floyd.

Take Cousins later.If Ryan Tannehill is gone, I really think Kirk Cousins would be the next qb on Miami's list. Not sure they would pick Michael Floyd, as much as I like him, with his character issues. All signs, I believe, are Tannehill if available.

MiamiMuss
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Well if Miami wants to be irrelevant for the next 10 years it will be Tannehill...Which is a HUGH mistake.

I want Miami to trade down but if not my pick and i am staying with it is Jonathon Martin.Can play both tackle positions and Long being in a contract year.

X-Pacolypse
03-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Ryan Tannehill

finfan54
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM

agreed!

finfan54
03-21-2012, 05:53 PM
I see the tradedown and then Floyd - with our no.1

bad past for floyd. philbin will say no. gimme lunch palers that i can teach and learn right away. not that floyd cant, but his drinking troubles not in philbins character plans.

finfan54
03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
T Richardson

cleveland browns. no mo hillis.

2413fanphins
03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
well if we want fleener, I'd say they have to give him some consideration at 8. Unless they trade back and it's well before the 9ers. A friend of mine who is a huge niners fan said he read that fleener is the target for harbaugh and company... take it for what it's worth..

kcbrown
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
THIS......

Exactly...see Ponder, see Gabbert.

emeraldfin
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Honestly, if Claibourne falls to 8, then we have to take him.

I know its doubtful, but if Tampa dont take him and Tannehill goes to the Browns, then its a real possibility.

Kdawg954
03-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Floyd inst top 10 talent imo

hold up . . . huh? What makes you say this. If Blackmon is considered a top 10 talent, then Floyd most certainly is.

I don't know "enough" about the off the field issues with drinking, but if Miami does its homework and realizes it was just a college kid having good times and he is over it . . . Miami is definitely getting a WR worthy of being selected in the top 10.

However as much as I like him, if they like Tannehill "that much", I hope they don't get fancy and just pull the trigger on him. He has tremendous upside, but I don't think he'll beat out Moore/Garrard this year.

Kdawg954
03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Honestly, if Claibourne falls to 8, then we have to take him.

I know its doubtful, but if Tampa dont take him and Tannehill goes to the Browns, then its a real possibility.

Claiborne would be nice, we certainly don't have to take him though. Not with that huge hole at WR and us still needing a young QB to groom.

Kdawg954
03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
well if we want fleener, I'd say they have to give him some consideration at 8. Unless they trade back and it's well before the 9ers. A friend of mine who is a huge niners fan said he read that fleener is the target for harbaugh and company... take it for what it's worth..

I'll pass on Fleener at 8 . . . he isn't "that" good to be taken top 10. No way, no how. Would be a terrible pick.

oldmangamr
03-21-2012, 08:11 PM

I would love to get DeCastro....................after we trade down a little. I really would love to have him on our line for the next 10 years.

emeraldfin
03-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Claiborne would be nice, we certainly don't have to take him though. Not with that huge hole at WR and us still needing a young QB to groom.

My thinking is if Claiborne falls, it means Tannehill is gone. It clearly doesn't fill a much of a need, but he would certainly be the BPA at that point and we probably wont get the opportunity for a long time to draft a CB of his talent.

Keeno1
03-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't see how Tannehill is worth the 8th pick and I certainly don't understand why everyone is so infatuated with him. In the games I have watched he has thrown really bad INTs, stares down receivers and hasn't displayed an incredible amount of accuracy. I am not an expert, so please feel free to point me in the direction of what I am missing. Just scares the hell out of me drafting a guy that clearly needs a ton of work 8th overall and has no business in the top 10.

uga3406
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
blackman would be the best pick at this time imo

Zounds
03-22-2012, 08:09 AM
hold up . . . huh? What makes you say this. If Blackmon is considered a top 10 talent, then Floyd most certainly is.

I don't know "enough" about the off the field issues with drinking, but if Miami does its homework and realizes it was just a college kid having good times and he is over it . . . Miami is definitely getting a WR worthy of being selected in the top 10.

No way he is top 10 talent imo. More like top 20. Picking him at 8 would be a big reach I think.

Even beyond talent, we just got rid of a headcase WR, what makes you think we would draft another? We got rid of a headcase WR for two third round picks, and then spend a 1st rounder on a less talented headcase WR - please tell me what make sense about that?

iwastherein72
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
This....

We see a LOT of Chad Henne failure in Cousins.

WHY in the world do people want us to go after yet another middle-of-the-pack 3rd round Big 10 QB? Lightning already struck there w/ brady and THAT IS NOT HAPPENING AGAIN.

NO ONE else in the whole entire league is even talking about Cousins as a quality QB. Camp arm.

daniel3
03-22-2012, 11:43 AM
It has to be Tannehill if he drops to #8. Tannehill is not going in the top 10 guys (I hope!), lets just stop this.

With that said, its possible he doesn't last until the second round. Quite frankly, I'm ok with that and wouldn't mind Kirk Cousins. Not the most athletic guy or even really spectacular in any way, but he seems to be someone the organization could mentally coach up and be a decent starter in the future.

Problem is, he too could very well go in the late first or early 2nd round, so we'll have to see how that works out.

Outside of Luck and RGIII, really can't see any franchise guys in this draft. Be pointless to overreach for mediocrity or the primarily unknown, but very well could be necessary to keep the masses happy (which.

DcRy82
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Tannehil knows Sherman's system and has the upside to be great and reminds me somewhat of the ravens QB

Don't get why everyone wants Chris weinkes clone that is known as Brandon weeden.

Much rather have cousins instead of weeden in the 3rd round since we got two and groom him for a year

Weinke's clone? Because he's old? No other reason would make sense. And if you'd rather have Cousins than Weeden for the same value of pick, I'd venture to say you didn't watch much of Cousins during the SEASON (not just his workouts).