PDA

View Full Version : We should have just traded up for RG3

lbsfinest
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
He's the only legit QB that would play for this joke of a franchise...mostly because he wouldn't really have a choice since we'd own his rights.

Sure if we had him we'd be without some high draft picks but its not like we have a GM who knows how to draft anyway. we'd finally have a true franchise QB and the entire nation wouldnt be laughing at us like they are now. Jeff Ireland would actually have the support of the fan base for finally acquiring a QB to build the team around for a decade.

lol where are all those idiots that didn't want to trade up because they felt we were the favorites for Peyton? How are you feeling now? We're not even a lock to get the 3rd best QB in the draft.

it's just embarrassing how inept this organization is.

Miamifinz
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
This isn't a one way street. The Phins can't do everything they want to simply because they desire. We could NEVER have competed with Washington in getting RG3.

Krush
03-21-2012, 05:19 PM
come on man used this space for something debatable, there is no way in H_ _ _ i'm going to give up or more what the skins gave up to get RGlll or RGlV.

Valandui
03-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Griffin's a legit QB? I'm sorry, but he's way more of a project than Tannehill is.

yardlaw
03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
shoulda woulda coulda didn't

gardena19
03-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Griffin's a legit QB? I'm sorry, but he's way more of a project than Tannehill is.

Really?....Gil Brandt said today RG3 is worthy of the #1...dude is a legendary draft analyst.....

lbsfinest
03-21-2012, 11:30 PM

you sound like a fool

Phanatical
03-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I would rather trade down and take weeden plus a RT or RG. I would even be happy with Weeden at #8. I think he will be a star in the NFL and if you get a star QB you ain't reaching no matter where you select him.

GO PHINS~!

Adam First
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM
I would rather trade down and take weeden plus a RT or RG. I would even be happy with Weeden at #8. I think he will be a star in the NFL and if you get a star QB you ain't reaching no matter where you select him.

GO PHINS~!

Jeff, is that you?

NYPhinzFan
03-21-2012, 11:35 PM

GO PHINS~!

I agree. Weeden is the only QB after Luck and RG3 that piques my interest. I'd be thrilled if we could snag him in the 2nd.

Armand
03-21-2012, 11:43 PM
The compensation for that trade would have been insane, 4 first round selections and two seconds? lol

Smith21
03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
they had a higher draft pick and gave up 3 firsts.. so are you saying we should have gave up 3 first and a 2nd for one guy? and than we would be a complete team?

Fin Fan in Cali
03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
You have to have balls to do that.

gardena19
03-22-2012, 12:45 AM
you sound like a fool

Exactly...dude is usually ok with his posts but damn what a ridiculous comment....

napsndreds
03-22-2012, 12:59 AM
I'll b sure to revisit this thread wen. Rg3 out does cam newtons rookie year everyone saying is just a project. Lmao. Yeah he is a project. A project you need to go and do some research on.

lbsfinest
03-22-2012, 01:15 AM
they had a higher draft pick and gave up 3 firsts.. so are you saying we should have gave up 3 first and a 2nd for one guy? and than we would be a complete team?

one thing it seems all you guys fail to realize is you dont need to be a complete team if you have a QB, a good QB can mask the deficiencies of your team. besides you act like we have anything close to a complete team NOW lol.

yall worrying about getting a RT and a WR and a pass rusher etc etc....if we dont have a QB, filling those others needs wont matter. your priorities are all out of whack.

do you know how excited Redskins fans are right now? their team has been craving a franchise QB for as long as we have, they made a bold move to get one because they are sick and tired of not having one. for the first time in a long time, im actually jealous of the Skins!

Valandui
03-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Really?....Gil Brandt said today RG3 is worthy of the #1...dude is a legendary draft analyst.....
You have a guy with prototypical size, high athleticism and arm strength, is very intelligent, a team leader, comes from a pro-style offense (run by our current OC), and (most importantly) is committed to football. With Griffin, the only aspect of his game that doesn't need work is his deep ball. He came out of whatever that was that you would call Baylor's offense, and he's very likely to leave you high and dry when his rookie contract is up.

state06
03-22-2012, 03:32 AM
You have a guy with prototypical size, high athleticism and arm strength, is very intelligent, a team leader, comes from a pro-style offense (run by our current OC), and (most importantly) is committed to football. With Griffin, the only aspect of his game that doesn't need work is his deep ball. He came out of whatever that was that you would call Baylor's offense, and he's very likely to leave you high and dry when his rookie contract is up.

Would you pass on RGIII and draft Tannehill if both were available at our pick?

Valandui
03-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Would you pass on RGIII and draft Tannehill if both were available at our pick?
Yes. I think he's a better QB prospect. Ideally, you wouldn't be taking either of them that high and I still feel like Weeden is the second best prospect in the draft behind Luck. But if given a choice between the two, I would take Tannehill over Griffin.

Myles Fynch
03-22-2012, 04:25 AM
I don't think the Redskins overpaid at all, unless RGIII washes out. Any of the QBs that year in and year out give their teams a chance to win it all are worth that and probably a lot more.

phinz8202
03-22-2012, 06:05 AM
You have to have balls to do that.

This!

Andyman
03-22-2012, 08:09 AM
He's the only legit QB that would play for this joke of a franchise...mostly because he wouldn't really have a choice since we'd own his rights.

Sure if we had him we'd be without some high draft picks but its not like we have a GM who knows how to draft anyway. we'd finally have a true franchise QB and the entire nation wouldnt be laughing at us like they are now. Jeff Ireland would actually have the support of the fan base for finally acquiring a QB to build the team around for a decade.

lol where are all those idiots that didn't want to trade up because they felt we were the favorites for Peyton? How are you feeling now? We're not even a lock to get the 3rd best QB in the draft.

it's just embarrassing how inept this organization is.

The logic in your quote is considerably more embarrassing than 'this organization.' Miami didn't have the ammunition to move up in the draft that high. Perhaps you could review what Washington gave up and figure out the Dolphins could possible have given up more. Get your facts straight.

andyahs
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
The logic in your quote is considerably more embarrassing than 'this organization.' Miami didn't have the ammunition to move up in the draft that high. Perhaps you could review what Washington gave up and figure out the Dolphins could possible have given up more. Get your facts straight.

If the Dolphins had been able to top the Redskins for this deal Ireland would have been blasted on this very forum for giving up the future because he was desperate for a QB.

zach attach
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM

Didn't you just describe Ryan Mallett? Can someone please tell me the difference between Mallett (3rd round) and Tannehill (No. 3 pick this year?) ?

gardena19
03-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes. I think he's a better QB prospect. Ideally, you wouldn't be taking either of them that high and I still feel like Weeden is the second best prospect in the draft behind Luck. But if given a choice between the two, I would take Tannehill over Griffin.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/03/5zfs5c-1.gif

Canadianfishfan
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I am not into trading away our draft for one player. He's proved nothing in the NFL yet.

state06
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Didn't you just describe Ryan Mallett? Can someone please tell me the difference between Mallett (3rd round) and Tannehill (No. 3 pick this year?) ?

Mallett fell because of his "thug" image and his alleged drug addictions.

zach attach
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Marino dropped supposedly because he was known to smoke some weed. I realize the thug image could be a problem, however, he could do that in college. He was the BMOC. In the NFL, he'd have to realize he's a minnow in a huge pond of larger fish. If he didn't come along, he'd be done.
Some fans could care less about personal image as long as he played lights out come gametime. I do prefer good guys on my though.

daniel3
03-22-2012, 11:50 AM

No he isn't and you darn well know that. Anywhere the two went, Tannehill would be holding a clipboard.

Also on the subject of trading up, Washington pretty made it evident that they wouldn't be beat out. So unless you were looking to do something unreasonable, like trading this and next years drafts almost in entirety, we wouldn't have gotten that 2nd pick.

Vaark
03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Mallett fell because of his "thug" image and his alleged drug addictions.

That's one of the things I might never forgive Ireland for. Had an opportunity to steal a top 10 talent at bargain basement prices. And that's why he'll never be mistaken for Belicheat!

Shame shame. If any organization can appreciate the unusual opportunity to snatch a QB whose stock has plummeted due to rumors and image, it's the Fins and their 27th pick in the '83 draft (and I believe there were only 28 first round picks that draft). Oh and for anyone who plays the "well Marino was drafted first round, then why did Mallett fall to the 3rd?" card, lots more information available today, instantly, often false, rumor and inuendo, and volumes of it compared to back in '83. Who knew the JFK was ****ing around and who could say that the actual facts surrounding Dan in a news-thirsty, irresponsible social environment wouldn't have sunk him as low as pro-ready Mallett.

I'd take Mallett in a heartbeat over any of this season's QBs not named Luck.