PDA

View Full Version : Which Dark Horse Draft QB would you pick for miami and the WCO?

catch22
03-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Well we now know that we are likely done in FA as far as picking up a QB. The two names we see most often to pick up in the draft are Weeden and Tannehill. I would like to know who out of the rest of them that you think the dolphins should look to in the draft.

I would like to watch some YouTube videos on College QB's other than Tannehill and Weeden and Id like it narrowed down a bit. For those of you who think Only Tannehill or Weeden will due I left them as an option but I want some other fresh opinions from people who watch college football please!

footsteps_falco
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
There are only two other QB's in the draft that i think can be starters in the NFL, Kirk Cousins and BJ Coleman. Coleman seems like the coolest prospect to me, but I think at the moment I just like what Cousins brings to the table for what Philbin and Sherman want to do. Cousins is the perfect candidate for them to coach up right now (my opinion) but i think Coleman will be good for someone the way TJ yates looks for Houston's future after schaub...

I guess some guys to look at though would be:

Kirk Cousins
B.J Coleman
Nick Foles
Case Keenum
Brock Osweiler
Russel Wilson

ROADRUNNER
03-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Im a Cousins fan and i hope we get him in the 2nd round............

finfan54
03-21-2012, 06:00 PM
If we dont get weeden at 41 then it prob be cousins. he is my 1b in 2nd round.

PHINSfan
03-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Kirk Cousins seems to be the one Qb (other than Tannehill) who seems to have all the tangibles that Philbin/Sherman look for in a young QB prospect to groom.

footsteps_falco
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Coleman is going to be a starter in this league he's got game

SebastianTheFin
03-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Im a Cousins fan and i hope we get him in the 2nd round............

I would be a very happy fan if that were the case:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?317211-2012-draft-qb-in-dolphins-uniforms!&p=1064260628#post1064260628

phinsheat
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Ryan Lindley in the third round.
Accuracy problems but elite arm. Has high potential .

SebastianTheFin
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owBOdv4BITA

That's the link to Cousins vs. UGA in the 2011 Outback Bowl. I see a fair number of almost-interceptions and iffy throws, but you know what? He delivers. Very long go-ahead or game-tying TD drives to end regulation are the mark of a special QB. Go to 8:30 in the video to see what I mean.

biggiesmalls3k1
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
if we can't get weeden (who i prefer to tannehill), i would take a long look at cousins if he's available with one of the 3rds we have...the kid has tons of moxy, you gotta like guys who WIN and have the ability to control their huddle and be unquestioned leaders...the guy led some impressive comebacks, and he seems to have tools that Philbin & Sherman would salivate over in a WCO...if we go Floyd/Allen/Cousins/TE ill be a very happy fin fan...

datruth55
03-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Surprised...I thought I was the only one that liked Cousins. Think he's a very good fit for this offense.

uga3406
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Cousins is my choice

SF Dolphin Fan
03-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I voted for Cousins as a darkhorse, but I'd prefer Tannehill if he's available. I just don't see Tannehill as a darkhorse.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-21-2012, 10:31 PM
if we can't get weeden (who i prefer to tannehill), i would take a long look at cousins if he's available with one of the 3rds we have...the kid has tons of moxy, you gotta like guys who WIN and have the ability to control their huddle and be unquestioned leaders...the guy led some impressive comebacks, and he seems to have tools that Philbin & Sherman would salivate over in a WCO...if we go Floyd/Allen/Cousins/TE ill be a very happy fin fan...I like Cousins as well, but don't think he makes it to the 3rd.

utahphinsfan
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM
If we dont get weeden at 41 then it prob be cousins. he is my 1b in 2nd round.

Fleener @ 41 & Foles w/ one of the thirds.

Ricky4Life
03-22-2012, 02:14 AM
I picked Nick Foles.

Phinglish
03-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Given who the FO has pursued this off season, I think the question should be which dark horse quarterback fits our system best, as that's who's most likely to be a Phin in a month's time. I really like Foles, Lindley and Weeden but the one guy that I've began to watch a lot of tape on and who I'm getting more and more convinced will have Philbin excited is Kirk Cousins. His arm isn't quite as lively as a Henne or Foles but I think he could slot into Philbin's system very, very nicely.

foozool13
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
1. Tannehill - Round 2
2. Brock Osweiler - Round 3

Dmarino110
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Just to remind anyone thinking about getting a star in the second:

--Of the 15 second round QBs drafted in the last 12 years, only one is a legit star: Drew Brees, and only 4 more are starters in the NFL (Tarvaris Jackson, Kevin Kolb, Chad Henne, Andy Dalton

We have taken 3 of those 15 2nd rounders and gotten $#!t for it. If they don't drafts a qb in the 1st round stay away from 2nd round qbs and let's load up on playmakers so when we have another top ten pick. Ext year we have a reason to trade up and take best qb on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ticophin
03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFw3ZNZQQ4M

C (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFw3ZNZQQ4M)ase Keenum is my choice after Weeden...throws very similarly to Philip Rivers!!!

MO Dolphan
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Let's start at the beginning. Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Cousins, Weeden. After that, I'm not so sure.

ckparrothead
03-22-2012, 04:36 PM
I picked, in order of priority:

Weeden or BUST
Tannehill or BUST
Russell Wilson
B.J. Coleman
Chandler Harnish

LANGER72
03-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Kellen Moore reminds me of Chad Pennington. He has almost no arm strength, but great anticipation..he can throw an accurate pass before the receiver makes his cut. The won a lot of games in college. No love for Kellen?
He will most likely go undrafted and sign on as a free agent somewhere.

Dogbone34
03-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm not big on any of these QB's. I like Weeden but now with Garrard, Miami will likely pass on developing a 28 yr old.

Not a fan of drafting QB's at 8 who can't play day 1. (Tannehill)

I wouldnt try to force the rebuild. We need to draft wisely and build with talent.
Maybe take a flier on Osweiler.

Fin Thirteen
03-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Tannehill
Wilson
Weeden

Harnish is interesting for a WCO. Not the biggest arm but a nice snappy delivery and reads the field quickly. Seems to have nice touch, kind of pushes the ball though. Good scrambler. Sells the play fake very well. Operates out of the shotgun the vast majority of time though. He moves the chains, from the stuff I've seen.

nsbnative
03-23-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't really consider Cousins a dark horse. My dark horses are Coleman and Russell in that order.

biggiesmalls3k1
03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Tannehill
Wilson
Weeden

Harnish is interesting for a WCO. Not the biggest arm but a nice snappy delivery and reads the field quickly. Seems to have nice touch, kind of pushes the ball though. Good scrambler. Sells the play fake very well. Operates out of the shotgun the vast majority of time though. He moves the chains, from the stuff I've seen.

whos wilson??

nevermind lol

3rdandinches
03-23-2012, 04:39 PM
1/ Trade up for Tannehill
2/ 2nd round pick for B.Weeden
3/ 2nd round pick for K.Cousins
4/ 3rd round pick for R.Wilson

sinPHIN
03-23-2012, 07:58 PM
all you cousin lover didnt watch him play very much huh. yea he is a great leader but up against top or tough competetion the guy disapears.

PhinsTD
03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I'd pretty much agree with CK's list, though I'd take Tannehill for our system by a hair. I'd add Ryan Lindley to my list if he's there in the 6th (it's a late 6th) and he can spin the ball. He just has inconsistent footwork, decision making and accuracy.

For me, I want them to have the tools to actually start one day with some upside. Cousins' upside is very limited IMHO.

Roman529
03-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Wow it's Cousins by about 2 to 1 right now. He looked pretty good at his pro day.

CaneHammer
03-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Russell Wilson if we chose not to force the Tannehill pick at #8 or Weeden with our 2nd rounder (if he lasts that long).

BassFin
03-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Lots of people are sleeping on Wilson. If that guy was just 3" taller, we would be talking about him in round one. I think he'd be the perfect darkhorse QB for the WCO.

I also think Moore would fit well in it.

Bottom line, in the WCO it's all about accuracy and anticipation. Both of these guys have it. Don't know if either would be stars but even Jeff Garcia was able to be a Pro Bowler in this offense.

Fin Thirteen
03-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Lots of people are sleeping on Wilson. If that guy was just 3" taller, we would be talking about him in round one. I think he'd be the perfect darkhorse QB for the WCO.

I also think Moore would fit well in it.

Bottom line, in the WCO it's all about accuracy and anticipation. Both of these guys have it. Don't know if either would be stars but even Jeff Garcia was able to be a Pro Bowler in this offense.

The Wisconsin o-line did a great job of opening throwing lanes for Wilson. They weren't short guys either and Wilson flourished behind them. Upgrade our o-line a little (I know, I know) to get a more WCO-friendly personnel in there. Just a guard with better footwork maybe. That could help give a guy like Wilson the sightlines down the field occasionally to reduce the times he has to leave the pocket. With the right system around him, we could have a great WCO triggerman. He has the footwork, the anticipation, the quick release and all the intangibles. Just missing 3 inches, so his o-line would have to help him out (as the Badgers did).

nick1
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Darron Thomas is my choice hes not a bad QB but is veiwed as a system QB, the guy just wins

Dogbone34
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Darron Thomas is my choice hes not a bad QB but is veiwed as a system QB, the guy just wins

I agree, Thomas gets it done.

krosston
03-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Outside of Luck and RG3, does anybody know which of the quarterbacks has the highest completion rate (accuracy) and the highest Wonderlic score (intelligence)?

Fin Thirteen
03-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Outside of Luck and RG3, does anybody know which of the quarterbacks has the highest completion rate (accuracy) and the highest Wonderlic score (intelligence)?

This is a good read, if not answering your question exactly. The text is a little biased, but the stats don't lie.
http://courtsideanalyst.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/nfl-draft-russell-wilson-outperformed-andrew-luck-in-every-way/

WaxOn WaxOff
03-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Best Dark Horse candidate? That's easy. George Harrison.

Run'n'gun Udown
03-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Let's just draft as many as we can and see what happens. :crazy: