PDA

View Full Version : Could Fleener warrant a top 10 selection after these numbers!?

Miamifin23
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
6'6".. ran a 4.45.. benched 225 27 times, and a verticle jump of 37 inches. Very impressive, and with the way TE's are being used in the league today I wouldnt be surprised to see this guy drafted in the top 10. Philbin has stated he wants a big athletic TE, what do you think if we took this guy at 8?

MiamiMuss
03-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Those are some Great numbers...He very well could have moved up to #8 with Miami

datruth55
03-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Boy hoops called it on him. I didn't think he'd run that fast, doesn't seem to play at that speed. He was definitely the top TE before those numbers though.

Locke
03-22-2012, 04:06 PM
I doubt top 10, but I think he just ensured that he won't be available when we pick in the 2nd. I'd be OK with using one of those extra thirds we picked up to move back up into the bottom on the 1st and get him. Our own version of Gronk would be pretty sweet...

MiamiMuss
03-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Kiss Fasanos azz good bye!!

hooshoops
03-22-2012, 04:24 PM
4.51 according to mayock and 4.55 i think into the wind anyways he's at least a mid 4.5 guy which is damn impressive given that size...top 10 though i'm not seeing it...but i doubt he ever gets to #40...looks like he's dropped a few balls during andrew lucks workout

i knew the guy was gonna workout well...so not surprised...

as for gronk...this is not the same guy...this kids much more finesse than gronk...across the board

ANUFan
03-22-2012, 04:46 PM
4.51 according to mayock and 4.55 i think into the wind anyways he's at least a mid 4.5 guy which is damn impressive given that size...top 10 though i'm not seeing it...but i doubt he ever gets to #40...looks like he's dropped a few balls during andrew lucks workout

i knew the guy was gonna workout well...so not surprised...

as for gronk...this is not the same guy...this kids much more finesse than gronk...across the board

Practicallythe same height and weight and faster? Hell trade down to no lower than #15 and draft him. Get the best Qb available in the second!

Kdawg954
03-22-2012, 05:17 PM
This is nonsense, Fleener is not as complete of a TE as Gronk. Miami has no need to draft a TE that high with the other holes we have to fill. At 42 (which he won't be there) sure . . . definitely not at 8 and not in the top 20.

Hoos is right, he is very finesse . . . I know TE's values are on the rise after the success of the Graham's, Gronks and Hernandez's . . . realize those guys were all drafted outside of the first round. Fleener in the top 20 is a mistake.

hooshoops
03-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Practicallythe same height and weight and faster? Hell trade down to no lower than #15 and draft him. Get the best Qb available in the second!

and a whole lot softer...

Exuro
03-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Tony Gonzalez went 13 overall, I'd say that worked out OK for him

finomenal
03-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Fleener and a trade up back into the 1st for Weeden would make my toes tingle.

Kdawg954
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Tony Gonzalez went 13 overall, I'd say that worked out OK for him

Yea, not bad for the greatest TE of all time. Not trying to slight Fleener, because I think he is going to make a very good TE in the NFL, but you better make damn sure you know what you are doing drafting him top 15.

cuban_refugee
03-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Yea, not bad for the greatest TE of all time. Not trying to slight Fleener, because I think he is going to make a very good TE in the NFL, but you better make damn sure you know what you are doing drafting him top 15.

Fleener is good, but will probably not even go in the 1st.

PJack
03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
No chance he makes it out of the 1st round now. TE's have lit up the league the last couple of years and in a copy cat league every wants their Gronk, Jimmy Graham, or Witten. I think he's going low 20's tops, but wouldn't be surprised to see him go by 15.

Buff
03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Not quite top 10, but maybe top 17/18 picks after his pro day. Anyone else think that he looks cumbersome or slow and not a 4.5 speed?

JCane
03-23-2012, 01:37 AM

Gronk is twice as strong as Fleener.

I love Fleener and I've been yapping about this kid for several months, but height and weight has little to do with strength.

JCane
03-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Fleener is good, but will probably not even go in the 1st.

He will now.

TheBow305
03-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Lol, definitely not top 10, but first round is almost a certainty now. I wouldn't mind taking him if we traded down into the bottom half of round 1. Although taking Tannehill at 8 and trading back into the first and getting Fleener too would be amazing!

iwastherein72
03-23-2012, 02:11 AM
What good is a TE with no QB to throw it to him?

Valandui
03-23-2012, 02:57 AM

I love Fleener and I've been yapping about this kid for several months, but height and weight has little to do with strength.
He is the type of TE that we need. We have Fasano who is a very good all-around TE. This guy is the seam threat we need.

JCane
03-23-2012, 03:08 AM
He is the type of TE that we need. We have Fasano who is a very good all-around TE. This guy is the seam threat we need.

I'm HUGE on Fleener and have been all season long watching him at Stanford. I was hopeful that we could snag him in the second round but I see him going in the first round somewhere in the 15-25 range.

Tight Ends today are just too valuable with all of the rule changes that benefit the offenses.

MP-Omnis
03-23-2012, 07:04 AM
I really hope Cincy wants Trent Richardson more than we want Fleener. Trade down to 17 and get their 2nd rounder or something. They take Richardson, we take Fleener, and perhaps move back into the 1st to take the BPA at WR/Def (Wright/Hill/Vinny Curry?) or Tannehill/Weeden.

My cousin was an athlete at Stanford, so I'm really high on their draft class this year. I think Luck, Fleener, and DeCastro are can't-miss picks. Shayne Skov too, until he got injured and then got that DUI. :tubes:

j-off-her-doll
03-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top-10. The way TE's impact the game today, it's just crazy to overlook a seem buster like Fleener. As a pure receiving threat at the TE position, how many prospects look better than Fleener? You're talking about a guy who outrun most Safeties and some CB's - at his size. You can do some many things with a player like that. As an offensive weapon, I think - if used properly - he'll be every bit as effective and dangerous and Blackmon and Floyd. If we don't go Tannehill in the 1st, Fleener is the guy I'd draft.

j-off-her-doll
03-23-2012, 08:50 AM
To add to the point:

Teams have been overvaluing LT's forever now and undervaluing TE's. Remember when E. Berry and E. Thomas were both top-15 picks? They were drafted that high because of the impacts of E. Reed and T. Polamalu. Well, with the impacts of TE's in recent years - especially last year - I think we'll start to see people value dynamic TE's more.

I know that V. Davis and K. Winslow were top-5 picks, but for the most part, I think the league has undervalued the position at draft time.

fakespike
03-25-2012, 05:05 AM

i guess that would explain why Gronk put up 23 reps while Fleener put up 27 reps at the combine.

DcRy82
03-26-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't think Fleener gets past #32 with the Giants. They are starving for a TE right now.

WelcomeBack
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Keep in mind on Fleener's 40 times, reports say he still wasn't 100% at the pro day. So that 4.5 was on an injured wheel as well.

sinPHIN
03-26-2012, 02:36 PM
no but i wouldnt be surprised if he is picked in the late 1st

Elliott 1
03-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Very,very few TE's are legitimate deep threats. Gronk himself is a great TE, but isn't a deep threat. Fleener is a bona fide deep threat.

This increases his value dramatically.

Fleener is perfect for the Dolphins. A trade down and him would sure be nice, but I wouldn't complain if they drafted him with the #8.

Weeden,Fleener and Messam could bring some serious improvement to the Dolphins offense.

hooshoops
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
ha ha...tell lbs and safeties trying to cover gronk down the field he's not a vertical threat...as for the reps on the bench press that means beans when it comes to you moving guys off the spot and getting body position for throws...and gronks way more physical than fleener...gronk invites contact down the field...fleener avoids it to an extent

i'm with the guy who said he doesn't get past the giants at #32...that o would be lethal with legit speed down the seam at te...

MiamiMuss
03-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I dont see him get past the Steelers.Millers is finished their!

Hayden Fox
03-26-2012, 06:43 PM
**** no