PDA

View Full Version : Floyd > Blackmon...

McMichael
03-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I really have a feeling michael floyd will go before blackmon in the draft. To me his potential > Blackmon by a lot, and I bet other teams will see that too.

I think Floyd will go #6 to rams but if not I think we should take him at #8... either way I am completely down with drafting either blackmon or floyd whoever is left

Vontae21
03-22-2012, 03:04 PM
blackmon is the best wr by far in the draft, trying to downgrade his talent so that we get him at 8 in your world is just foolish. blackmon WILL be the first wr off the board. Blackmon>>>> floyd. and its not even close

hooshoops
03-22-2012, 03:07 PM
you got 2 very high end wrs but ones clean off the field and the other has 2 duis on the books while in college...what looks like the smarter play to you??? blackmons going first...only way that might have changed would have been had he run a slow # at his pro day and i mean 4.6 instead he ran 4.46 official...lock it up

McMichael
03-22-2012, 03:08 PM
blackmon is the best wr by far in the draft, trying to downgrade his talent so that we get him at 8 in your world is just foolish. blackmon WILL be the first wr off the board. Blackmon>>>> floyd. and its not even close

i really don't see how.. I honestly think blackmon is a bit overhyped just because he is a back to back belitnikoff winner, but honestly I see the next brandon marshall in michael floyd... The experts have been wrong before, every single one of them had Brady Quinn going in the top 10 and what happened to that??? Just because the media is all over him doesn't mean the teams are.

Anyway as another question, even if blackmon is gone do you guys think drafting Floyd at 8 is a reach?

blackmon is undersized

ANUFan
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
I was shocked when i heard he's about the same height as Hartline might even be slightly shorter.

hooshoops
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
floyds a top 15 bpa who if he was clean off the field i could see a top 10 pick on...but we're all in on the tannehill thing anyways so i don't see us going that route

McMichael
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
you got 2 very high end wrs but ones clean off the field and the other has 2 duis on the books while in college...what looks like the smarter play to you??? blackmons going first...only way that might have changed would have been had he run a slow # at his pro day and i mean 4.6 instead he ran 4.46 official...lock it up

every star receiver seems to have off the field problems... it's in their personality to be a "diva" or what have you...

After watching more film on Floyd I am convinced he will be a better receiver than Blackmon. He may have problems off the field but if he can stay in the league I really see a younger Brandon Marshall that we could jump on at #8.

Vontae21
03-22-2012, 03:14 PM
i really don't see how.. I honestly think blackmon is a bit overhyped just because he is a back to back belitnikoff winner, but honestly I see the next brandon marshall in michael floyd... The experts have been wrong before, every single one of them had Brady Quinn going in the top 10 and what happened to that??? Just because the media is all over him doesn't mean the teams are.

Anyway as another question, even if blackmon is gone do you guys think drafting Floyd at 8 is a reach?

blackmon is undersized
since when is 6'1 200 + "undersized". lol your joking right. size has nothing to do with whether a player will be succesful or not at wr position. last time i checked victor cruz was 6 foot tall and got over 1500 yards. wes welker is 5'9 and has the most catches of any wr in the past season. steve smtih is 5'9. but is a beast on the field. i dont think blackmon is overhyped at all, if you have watched any of his game in full i think you would see that too. you dont get 1,700 yards and 1,500 in a 13 gm season and be "overhyped" imo he's better than dez was coming out.

hooshoops
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
problem with blackmon is he can have a case of the dropsies from time to time...especially on vertical balls over his head...he plays bigger than he is though but the heights not an issue anyways...

as for every star wr seems to have problems i don't buy that and not every star wr has 2 duis on their record prior to them entering the league...that will have to be qualified by nfl teams and at some point you decide the talent exceeds the risk...but i doubt its in the top 10 picks

McMichael
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Floyd had a much worse QB throwing to him... He didnt have 28 year old "NFL ready but only has a couple years in him" Weeden throwing to him...

I just think Blackmon's acceleration and change of direction type speed leave something to be desired. I don't think he will do nearly as well after the catch as he did in college. I'm not saying he won't be a legitimate #1 receiver, I'm just saying I see much more potential and ability in Floyd, and I think if he stays out of trouble he will put up bigger numbers and have a bigger impact than blackmon

fishbanger
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Blackmon > Tannehill > FLoyd

DudeleBroski
03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Was it two Duis? I thought it was a dui and an mip or something. As long as his interviews were good I wouldn't be too worried. Its very easy to get a dui especially if you're a minor. If I went to Notre dame I'd be so bored I'd probably stay drunk
problem with blackmon is he can have a case of the dropsies from time to time...especially on vertical balls over his head...he plays bigger than he is though but the heights not an issue anyways... as for every star wr seems to have problems i don't buy that and not every star wr has 2 duis on their record prior to them entering the league...that will have to be qualified by nfl teams and at some point you decide the talent exceeds the risk...but i doubt its in the top 10 picks

Kdawg954
03-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Floyd's been my guy for a while, he is every bit of the prospect Blackmon is on the field . . . probably a slightly better prospect when you factor in the measurables (height/speed). But when you factor in the DUI's, you are taking more risk on a guy who has had I believe 3 different issues with alcohol while at Notre Dame. More of a risk if Miami drafts him with all the bars/clubs down here and the women that hustle harder than most of the dope boys out there . . . but I'd be thrilled with his talent on this team.

finfan7284
03-22-2012, 06:11 PM
I absolutely believe that Justin Blackmon is overrated. He does not have elite size or speed. And if anyone can give one example of when a CB in the Big 12 played press coverage I would be shocked. Blackmon excelled with short routes in soft coverage.

Shabam88
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Love Floyd at 8. He is who I would like the dolphins to take....which translates to it's not happening.

LANGER72
03-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Blackmon IMHO plays like a larger more physical version of the Dolphins Mark Clayton from the 1980's. He times his jumps perfectly and gets excellent YAC. He would be there perfect compliment opposite to a speed guy in the WCO.

baalworship
03-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I think if the Dolphins pass on Floyd the Bills will take a long look. Buddy Nix likes big, physical players and we could use another WR.

Phanatical
03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Floyd is an absolute beast. I would be ecstatic if they drafted him at #8.

AccordOn13z
03-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Floyd>Blackmon Period. I've seen both highlight reels and the only person that is tackling Floyd is the sideline. He has better concentration, hands, body control, and height. The speed seems about the same. I think Floyd is going to be a star. I'll take him at 8 but if possible I would trade a few spots down and try to pick him up. Only real draw back is the off the field issues. (If not him I would trade down and pick up Fleener)

datruth55
03-22-2012, 09:59 PM
every star receiver seems to have off the field problems... it's in their personality to be a "diva" or what have you...

After watching more film on Floyd I am convinced he will be a better receiver than Blackmon. He may have problems off the field but if he can stay in the league I really see a younger Brandon Marshall that we could jump on at #8.

Would you consider Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Roddy White to have off the field problems or "divas"? I don't think so.

PJack
03-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Would you consider Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Roddy White to have off the field problems or "divas"? I don't think so.

Exactly. And didn't we just dump our Pro Bowl receiver for a donut and coffee for off the field issues. No question Floyd has got top 10 talent, but I don't see Ireland lining up to possibly making the same mistake twice....but then again it is Ireland. That being said, if we traded back into the teens I'd roll the dice...of course I wouldn't have traded the Pro-bowler we already had.

#1dolphinsfan
03-23-2012, 01:18 AM
I hope the rams take floyd and Blackmon drops to us so we can get him and weeden

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-23-2012, 01:39 AM
They both will have good careers in the NFL... I will be happy with either. I just hope we dont trade up

HybridPHIN 23
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
All I know is that blackmon is the most over-rated player in years. He's no aj green or julio jones....

LANGER72
03-25-2012, 08:11 PM
I hope TRich falls to us at #8 and we take him. If he is not there, we try to trade back into the teens and take Coby Fleener.
I like Fleener better than Floyd as a player.
We can take WR's in the 3rd and 4th round. It is a deep year for WR's, but we are in the wrong position for the top two guys.

hooshoops
03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
i don't really think this wr class is that deep...to be honest with you i see a lot of guys who have tested really well who are average joes on tape...a lot of buyer beware imo