PDA

View Full Version : Coby Fleener

mmikel30
03-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I wish we had two first rounders, because after today Coby's going in the first

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/coby-fleener-creates-buzz-at-stanford-pro-day/

Link

ANUFan
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
I wish we had two first rounders, because after today Coby's going in the first

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/coby-fleener-creates-buzz-at-stanford-pro-day/

Link

Mayock’s stopwatch read 4.51, but it’s still a very fast time for a 6-foot-6, 247-pound human being.
“That is flying at 247,” said Mayock. Mayock also reported that Fleener had a 37-inch vertical and broad jump north of 10-feet. “They’re extremely athletic numbers,” Mayock added. “Those are defensive back, wide receiver-type numbers.”
For comparison, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5729/rob-gronkowski) ran 4.65 with the wind and 4.73 against the wind at Arizona’s 2010 Pro Day. Gronkowski is the same height as Fleener, and 11 pounds heavier. But Fleener is much faster in a straight line.

OMG! I rather get him @8 and a qb in the second. Obviously trade down to at worst #12-15 if possible

foozool13
03-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I read that Philbin is very excited with Charles Clay and thinks he could be a very good player for us. Says his versatility could be a huge asset and he can line up all over the field.

Alos, I find it hard to believe that we take a TE in the first round even if we trade down, let alone at #8. No way he is worth it at #8, too many better prospects.

Here is the article where Philbin talks about Clay/TEs: http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/31412

madridfinfan
03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Theres a huge dropoff after Fleener IMO. After posting these numbers, I'm all for a trade down in the first and picking him up in the 1st.If Weeden is available in 2nd you take him, if not, I wouldn't touch a QB until 5th, maybe 4th round. Moore is serviceable, and if not, thy have 3.5-5 mill invested in Garrard.If no Weeden, I'd go:Rd2: WR, pass rusherRd3: OT, WRRd4-7: bpa

Miamibyrd
03-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Video?

Cleetus
03-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I thought Clay was going to be a great TE, that is all I hear on this board. IF so Why are we taking another TE so high?

cljh19
03-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Technically Clay is a FB. We definately have room for another TE. Weapons are weapons, just gotta use em right. Fasano, Clay, and Fleener on the field at the same would cause mismatches. Plus Bush.

ANUFan
03-22-2012, 06:15 PM
I thought Clay was going to be a great TE, that is all I hear on this board. IF so Why are we taking another TE so high?

Personally, i never heard of clay or saw him play until we drafted him. Fleener on the other hand i remember the first time saw him play.i was like wow that Wr #82 is a monster. Then i was corrected by the announcer that's a TE...i was like damn he would look great in a Dolphins Uniform

Elliott 1
03-22-2012, 06:20 PM
I had him in one my mocks going at the #28 after the Dolphins traded down twice in the first round.

That mock was a thing of beauty, I wish I had kept it.

LANGER72
03-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Fleener is a nice player, but unless we trade down twice, or trade up from the 2nd round, we will not value.
IMHO he will come off the board in the 20's. I do not believe that the drop off to the 2nd tier TE is that much.
Frankly, we need to draft multiple WR's in this draft. We can live with Fasano and Clay for another season.
I see us drafting 2 WR's, DE, QB, with our first 4 picks.

Vertical Limit
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Please.. that guy pretty much ran his ass into the Top 15. It will be a hard decision now between him and Floyd, for us pretend GM's here on Finheaven. But Ireland will likely reach big time for Tannehill. Sigh.

MP-Omnis
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I would grab Fleener. Maybe trade down a few spots and get him. But look at his body of work... he's worth it. After that, I say you trade back up and see if you can grab Weeden or Wright or Stephen Hill. Depends on how the board looks.

If it doesn't work out this season, there's always Barkley. :lol: