PDA

View Full Version : Walter Says Tannehill To Cleveland

Elliott 1
03-22-2012, 06:41 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php Wow, could it really happen???

The other huge question?? Would the Dolphins then draft Claiborne or trade down or draft Weeden with #8??

Is it just me, or does this season have more questions than any other ever??

andyahs
03-22-2012, 06:43 PM
How come if the Fins are looking at him at #8 many consider it a reach but no one has a problem with Cleveland at #4?

oasis
03-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I understand the pressure on the Dolphins FO to get a QB in this draft, but I'm hoping that they don't over-reach.  Things might get desperate if Tannehill is taken ahead of #8.  Personally, I'm ok waiting until the 2013 draft...I want it to be as close to a sure thing when we do pick one.  The Henne debacle set us back several years.

To answer your question, if Tannehill isn't there at #8 and Claiborne is, I'd love to see us get Claiborne.  Davis + Claiborne could actually be the CB duo that Davis and Smith thought they were.  But I could see teams jumping ahead of us to take him if he's there at #7.  My fear is that Claiborne, Tannehill, and Blackmon are all gone by #8.  

RonBrown
Mock drafts can't predict the future, we just have to prepare for all variations of the draft picks before us. Although the FO might want to draft Tannehill at #8, you never go into the draft targeting one player in the first round. They have a plan for all situations, at least I would hope so lol.

LANGER72
If Cleveland takes Tannehill, TB will take either TRich, Blackmon, or Clarborne. One of those 3 guys will be there for us at #8.

JC
03-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Sorry, but don't we have a draft forum for this?

Nublar7
03-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes it could happen, as the Browns need a quarterback and have expressed interest in Tannehill. Will it happen? Probably not, but it is something to be worried about. If Tannehill is gone before #8, you take the best available player or try and trade down. You do not take Weeden at #8.

oasis
03-22-2012, 06:50 PM
If Cleveland takes Tannehill, TB will take either TRich, Blackmon, or Clarborne. One of those 3 guys will be there for us at #8.

Yep, it will be TRich, in which case I'm really hoping someone gives us a sweet tradedown offer, because I don't see Ireland drafting TRich.  At that point we'd probably take Ingram.

canman1971
03-22-2012, 06:52 PM
We are going to see a million "predictions" from now until the draft about who is going where. Do we really need to over analyze everyone? Mel Kiper just said today, no way Clevland takes Tannehill. McCoy is their QB. So who is right? Fact is we don't know. Let it play out. I think these so called "experts" proved their worth during the whole Manning circus and to a lesser degree Flynn.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-22-2012, 06:54 PM
How come if the Fins are looking at him at #8 many consider it a reach but no one has a problem with Cleveland at #4?

Because Mike Holmgren's record with QBs is respectable enough that he can be given the benefit of the doubt. Jeff Ireland's is not.

canman1971
03-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Yes it could happen, as the Browns need a quarterback and have expressed interest in Tannehill. Will it happen? Probably not, but it is something to be worried about. If Tannehill is gone before #8, you take the best available player or try and trade down. You do not take Weeden at #8.

Why worry about something you cannot control? We don't even know if the Phins want Tannehill.

rvz1020
03-22-2012, 06:56 PM
If we take Weeden at 8, it will ruin the draft party for me.

canman1971
03-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Because Mike Holmgren's record with QBs is respectable enough that he can be given the benefit of the doubt. Jeff Ireland's is not.

That makes no sense. If Cleveland were to draft him and it was a good pick, then if the Dolphins drafted him it would still be a good pick. The fact that Cleveland is "interested" says something but they may have greater needs.

Njphinsfan
03-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I hope he is right. I would rather have Weeden anyway and it would make a trade down more of a possibility. As good as Claiborne is, I would rather draft a WR at this point if we keep the #8 pick. If we lose out on Weeden, then I think we wait til next year. I know there are a lot of people who hate the idea of "next year", but I don't think it is smart to reach for a QB who still needs a lot of work. If we can get Cousins in a later round, maybe we give it a try. Our focus needs to be on WR first!

WaxOn WaxOff
03-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I hope they do. I dont care for him, and that will leave one more good player on the board for us!

flynryan15
03-22-2012, 07:36 PM

Draw a circle 30 miles around the city of Cleveland, outside it no one cars about the Clowns! I see more Steelers fans in Akron then I do Clowns fans.

SkapePhin
03-22-2012, 07:40 PM

Weeden is better than Tannehill. I would much rather take Weeden at 8 than Tannehill.

ANUFan
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I really hope cleveland takes him at #4. That would leave a nice crop pf talent available at #8

SebasMiamiFan
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
If Claiborne is there at #8, you have to take him, no?

ANUFan
03-22-2012, 07:43 PM
If Claiborne is there at #8, you have to take him, no?

I'm not sure how good he is..But if he's as good as the board is suggesting i dont see how you dont take him. The tandem of V.davis and him would be top 5 in the league no?

SebasMiamiFan
03-22-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure how good he is..But if he's as good as the board is suggesting i dont see how you dont take him. The tandem of V.davis and him would be top 5 in the league no?

That would be scary good.

biggiesmalls3k1
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM
we have so many holes that i dont think we can afford to take claiborne even if he's there...id much rather take a playmaker at that spot...i really have a bad feeling about tannehill, i feel like we are better off taking weeden in the 2nd if hes there, or cousins a bit later with one of our 3rd rounders...

LikeUntoGod
03-22-2012, 08:38 PM
The Browns tried very very hard to move up to get RG3. They have two 1st round picks and chances are very good they will take Tannehill.

Kdawg954
03-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't necessarily think the Browns go Tannehill, especially since they probably feel they can get Weeden with that 2nd first round pick, or at worst that early 2nd round pick.

The Browns lost Peyton Hillis and Trent Richardson will be sitting pretty at #4. Also Blackmon should be there also.

daniel3
03-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Walter Football has some of the absolute worst mock drafts in recent years. Cleveland honestly would be better off sticking with Colt as even though I have trouble with us drafting Tannehill in top 8, we can stomach it a heck of a lot better than they can (unless they plan to run him at WR while they mold him into QB). They need skill position guys badly. Maybe 1 legit RB on roster and Josh Cribbs should not be your primary receiver.

Phanatical
03-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm hoping they do take Tannehill. That would drop someone else down the boards to the 8th pick.

FINatic054
03-22-2012, 09:15 PM
God I hope cleve takes him. Then we can't make the mistake of drafting his ass. I personally don't think they do tho. I think they stick with colt

PerfectFinz72
03-22-2012, 09:43 PM
If you're not taking tannehill because you don't think he's good enough at the 8th pick...I say the hell with a QB and fill all the other needs. I'm sick of the picks after round 1 getting the next tier (or worse) group of QBs. Either select what you believe is first round franchise type QB or forget it for this draft. Unless they really believe someone like Cousins is a franchise type QB. No weeden please.

finfan54
03-22-2012, 10:57 PM
The Browns tried very very hard to move up to get RG3. They have two 1st round picks and chances are very good they will take Tannehill.

uh no, the browns did not go very very hard to get RG3. They hesitated and did nothing and reports i read were that Holmgren wanted to keep their #22. So they may have "tried" but they also probly pulled an Ireland and saved saved saved. There were also reports that Holmgren's past thoughts were that you have to committ to a guy and not divide reps to two diff QB's. That is his philosophy.

So the question is...Does Holmgren value Tannehill enough at 4 to say to Colt Mccoy, you are pretty much a backup from this point on son.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-22-2012, 11:06 PM
If Claiborne is there at #8, you have to take him, no?I would think so. Incredible talent and a guy that should be able to lock down #1 receivers. I also think Luke Kuechly will be in the conversation.

tay0365
03-22-2012, 11:16 PM

Don't you think Philbin and Sherman will have a huge amount of input to what position, as well as who they would love to coach, and if they get that bigtime input which I am sure they will, Philbin and Sherman don't deserve the same type of respect?

tay0365
03-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Weeden is better than Tannehill. I would much rather take Weeden at 8 than Tannehill.

I have no problem with either, both have their good and bad points. Weeden is a ready product, and could well be talent wise the 2nd best QB coming out, but he will be 29 before midseason, so you will not have that possible great QB for too long.

Tennehill is nowhere as polished or ready as Weeden, and may never reach that point, but the possibility is there, he does have a higher ceiling then probably every QB coming out this year, and he if even gets close to being as good as Weeden, you will have a quality QB for a much longer period then Weeden.

Personally I would rather not use the #8 on either one of them, but if one of them is gone, and there is a possibilty that the other will never reach the 2nd round, using a top 10 pick on a QB that has a very good chance to be a quality QB for your team, is very worth it.

TheBow305
03-23-2012, 01:43 AM
This would suck, but possibly landing Blackmon, Claiborne or T-Rich wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

iwastherein72
03-23-2012, 02:14 AM

He is the same guy regardless of who takes him.

Philbin and Sherman can get more out of him than Cleveland can.

CLE wants Richardson anyway. I HOPE.

Fin Thirteen
03-23-2012, 07:28 AM
With the new rookie pay scale, reaching for a higher-risk player you want doesn't have such a big financial downside anymore.

Whereas before, the top 10 guys in the draft all better be locks, because they'll cost you a fortune. Now, a gamble is a bit more affordable.

Does that mean the Browns will take Tannehill? I have no idea. But the price of failure got a lot smaller this year, financially speaking.

Would I go that route if I was Cleveland? No. The new pay scale means if you stick to the real proven elite guys at the top, you get a pro bowler on the relative cheap. I've been singing Tannehill's praises in terms of potential for a while, but I can't even justify unequivocally taking him at #8, let alone #4.

Pinkboy
03-23-2012, 09:10 AM
That makes no sense. If Cleveland were to draft him and it was a good pick, then if the Dolphins drafted him it would still be a good pick. The fact that Cleveland is "interested" says something but they may have greater needs.

There is no greater need at any position than QB if you don't have one. And Colt McCoy is absolute garbage

It's ridiculous when people say another team has "greater" needs just to make themselves feel better. The truth is Mike Holmgren knows full well about the QB position in this QB driven league that is becoming more and more like the CFL every day. And its certainly their greatest need. They will pay more for trade or more out of their pocket for a top flight QB than any other position on the field, that's a fact . So spending a high draft pick is definitely a good possibility for the Browns (especially now with the rookie wage scale where more risks can be taken)

The only question you should ask is if Holmgren likes Tannehill. Nothing else needs to be asked.

IF Holmgren does like Tannehill then he will be a Brown, screw any other needs. Other needs mean nothing if he likes Tannehill. Period