PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Dolphins most likely 1st round trade down partner

drumzan
03-22-2012, 11:07 PM
My guess, if anything, it's to trade up and get Michael Floyd. So I'd put money on the Jets/Bengals at 16/17. Possibly Cleveland at 22 depending what they choose at #4. Or who knows, maybe the Texans or 49ers late 1st.

DcRy82
03-22-2012, 11:37 PM
I would say Bengals. Especially if trent richardson is sitting there.

rev kev
03-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Not the Jets

Emanauguste
03-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Why in the world would we trade with division rivals.. I hope it's
The bengals and we nab their to first

finfan54
03-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Dallas is always a potential but often it is the later rounds we do business with. I could see us trading down one of the thirds to get an extra fourth.

I see us staying right where we are at if Tannehill is the guy. I would be ok with that.

Finfan4lyfe91
03-23-2012, 07:20 AM
I don't think Cincinnati will be willing to trade up anymore even if Richardson is there. They just signed Green-Ellis to a 3 year deal. That'd be a lot to give up for another RB.

SnakeoilSeller
03-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Philadelphia. They have 2 second rounders. I could see the eagles trading up for someone like Poe, ahead of Carolina. pick #51 would be about fair value.

Zounds
03-23-2012, 08:15 AM
I could see Cinci trading up to get Richardson, or even San Diego. I dont think anyone will trade up to #8 for Floyd, who isnt projected as a top 10 player.

Krush
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
The dolphins might trade up with Minnesota to get Blackmon, because teams are trying to get potent on offense, the next offensive players are Blackmon to minny, Richardson to Browns and Tannehill to Miami.

MO Dolphan
03-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Trade up for Blackmon, and Cousins when we pick next...or Tannehill at #8...if he's there!

We have to get a QB. Is #8 too high for Cousins if Tannehill is gone?

kloud_9
03-23-2012, 10:09 AM
If tannehill isn't there.I would love to.there are so many good players this year in the 1st and 2nd round why not? You can get fleener or wright with that 1st and whichever 1 you pass on you can get the alternate in round two! The Te Allen or reuben randle. Use the other 2nd on a qb,cousins weeden or osweiler..two 3rds you can get a pass rusher and a right tackle to compete. Now you got a young qb,two great weapons,a pass rusher and a right tackle.now we don't look so bad Hugh...if only it were that easy.lol that would clearly be better than our 7 win team last year and with a new coach? 10 or 11 wins with that schedule

kloud_9
03-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Trade up for Blackmon, and Cousins when we pick next...or Tannehill at #8...if he's there!

We have to get a QB. Is #8 too high for Cousins if Tannehill is gone? heelll yeah that's too high!! Weeden is the ultimate wild card.he could be a surprise pick if tannehill isn't there and besides his age.he would be competing with rg3 for 2nd qb taken.

The Omen
03-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Tannehill is the Wild card QB of this draft al-la (Aaron Rodgers, Flaco, Quinn, Mallet etc...) So he can either go really high or slip significantly.

So we better be damn sure he's the guy because every mock draft I see, they have him either going to us saying "it's a reach" or have him somewhere in the late first early second round.

fishbanger
03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
If Tennehill is not there then trade down unless Richardson Blackmn or Clairborne falls to us. Trade down the fewest picks possible to get a 3rd rounder or 2nd rounder.

datruth55
03-23-2012, 10:16 AM

Heck yeah 8 is too high for Cousins. I think he'll be their in the 3rd round.

emeraldfin
03-23-2012, 10:17 AM
If Morris Claiborne falls, then Dallas would trade up IMO, as he would not get by the Panthers.

The Omen
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
If Morris Claiborne falls, then Dallas would trade up IMO, as he would not get by the Panthers.

pretty much

1 Colts - luck
2 Skins - RGIII
3 Minny - Kalil
4 Browns - Claiborne / Blackmon
5 Bucks - Richardson / Claiborne
6 Rams - Claiborne / Blackmon

I'd be suprised if it went differently

MrEd
03-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Miami, to me, will no doubt be going with OLB at #8.

NYPhinzFan
03-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Miami, to me, will no doubt be going with OLB at #8.

I agree with you. Either DE or OLB/DE hybrid. I think they're putting a higher value on pressure players which you usually have to take at the top of the draft, than any other position. This draft is super deep with WR, so they can pick up a quality one in virtually any of the first 3-4 rounds.

I personally hope they are able to trade back to the 13-18 range, pick up an additional 3rd or 4th, and take Michael Floyd. Then I would go Weeden in the 2nd. If it wasn't for his age (which I don't see as a big deal), Weeden would be a top 15 pick. He reminds me so much of Andy Dalton (who I was high on coming out of TCU).

NYPhin24
03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Tannehill is the Wild card QB of this draft al-la (Aaron Rodgers, Flaco, Quinn, Mallet etc...) So he can either go really high or slip significantly.

So we better be damn sure he's the guy because every mock draft I see, they have him either going to us saying "it's a reach" or have him somewhere in the late first early second round.

Yet a good amount of recent mocks have the Browns "reaching" for Tannehill at #4

MiamiMuss
03-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Dallas and Philly have to be the the teams....We will get good value their at 14 or 15 and a 2nd would be nice.

BringBackDan13
03-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I think it depends who's there. If Melvin Ingram's there at 8, take him. He fits our defense cos he's athletic enough to play in the 4-3/3-4 hybrid we're gonna run. If not trade down cos we shouldn't touch Tannehill at 8. If we can trade back to 15-20 and pick up a 2nd aswell we can either package that with others to move up for Weeden or use that 2nd on him depending where he falls.

utahphinsfan
03-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Philly. Trading for Ryans was a good move. I still think they haven't ruled out Kuechly.

Why not trade w/ Philly then again w/ the Browns (#22) & get Fleener if still available.

BillsFanInPeace
03-23-2012, 10:14 PM
My guess, if anything, it's to trade up and get Michael Floyd. So I'd put money on the Jets/Bengals at 16/17. Possibly Cleveland at 22 depending what they choose at #4. Or who knows, maybe the Texans or 49ers late 1st.

Ready for it. This is what I am hearing.

Bengals want to come up, and it is because of the Bills.

Bengals are thinking about moving up NOT for Floyd, Richardson or that. They want to come up For David DeCastro is what I am hearing.

andres2882
03-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Ready for it. This is what I am hearing.

Bengals want to come up, and it is because of the Bills.

Bengals are thinking about moving up NOT for Floyd, Richardson or that. They want to come up For David DeCastro is what I am hearing.

Just wanted to chime in and thank you for being a quality poster. We may disagree on our teams, but otherwise I seem to be agreeing with you a whole lot.

drumzan
03-24-2012, 10:10 AM
pretty much

1 Colts - luck
2 Skins - RGIII
3 Minny - Kalil
4 Browns - Claiborne / Blackmon
5 Bucks - Richardson / Claiborne
6 Rams - Claiborne / Blackmon

I'd be suprised if it went differently

Don't be surprised if the Vikes go for Claiborne