PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins 2012 Draft selection!!!!!!!

Jerry37
03-23-2012, 10:34 AM
1) QB Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M 6-4 220 4.70
2) OLB/DE Andre Branch Clemson 6-4 260 4.65
3) RG Amini Silatolu Midwestern State 6-3 312 5.46
3) WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech 6-5 200 4.55
4) RT Brandon Mosley Auburn 6-5 300 5.25
5) CB/S Robert Blanton Notre Dame 6-0 197 4.55
6) FS/CB Brandon Hardin Oregon State 6-2 222 4.50
7) 3NT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste Baylor 6-1 335 5.05

COphinphan89
03-23-2012, 10:40 AM
No.

Dmarino110
03-23-2012, 10:41 AM
No.agreed

MRojas4
03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Theres about a 0% chance Stephen Hill falls to the third round.

Dude is a top 25 pick guaranteed.

fishbanger
03-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Philbin wants a TE. I think its more important then WR for the WCO.

Miamifinz
03-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Philbin wants a TE. I think its more important then WR for the WCO.

I think Charles Clay is a pretty ideal size for a WCO tight end, hence the praise he got earier in the year. I hope we get a WR early on, I'm not comfortable with the idea of Brian Hartline being a go to guy in the WCO, even though he's a nice fit as well.

Calgaryfin
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
First pick gets traded down guarenteed. Maybe twice

Fintastic2124
03-23-2012, 11:31 AM
First pick gets traded down guarenteed. Maybe twice Wouldn't mind this at all.

ticophin
03-23-2012, 01:10 PM
we will need as many value picks as possible...we´re not 1 top 10 player away from contention (well, maybe a top 10 qb would certainly help, but they´re gone!), so I would trade back as many times as possible also...get them 2nd rounders aboard!!

silverfin
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM
First pick gets traded down guarenteed. Maybe twice

Best scenario IMO. We need more picks.

Uruguayfinfan
03-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't go for tannehill at 8. Trade down please.

Elle Clouds
03-23-2012, 01:48 PM
anyone but tannehill at 8. Dude is benefitting from a weak qb class after the top 2.

TheBow305
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
anyone but tannehill at 8. Dude is benefitting from a weak qb class after the top 2.

I love how people say this: "anyone but ____ at number 8. It's such BS. There are always going to be people that hate who we pick, regardless of who it is. No one on this board will ever be unanimously happy with our pick. Hell, if Andrew Luck or RG3 fell to us, there still would be some people that wouldn't be happy about it!

We NEED Tannehill, he's the best remaining QB available when we pick, so we NEED to take him. That's the bottom line. Unless someone unexpected falls to us like Blackmon, Tannehill should be the pick. I think we all just need to deal with it.

Elle Clouds
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I love how people say this: "anyone but ____ at number 8. It's such BS. There are always going to be people that hate who we pick, regardless of who it is. No one on this board will ever be unanimously happy with our pick. Hell, if Andrew Luck or RG3 fell to us, there still would be some people that wouldn't be happy about it!

We NEED Tannehill, he's the best remaining QB available when we pick, so we NEED to take him. That's the bottom line. Unless someone unexpected falls to us like Blackmon, Tannehill should be the pick. I think we all just need to deal with it.

Ireland, is that you? So you're telling me that we should take a project player just because he is ranked as the 3rd best qb while ignoring the BPA? Why take a player that has only been playing quarterback for 2 seasons and expect him to become the franchise quarterback due to his draft position? This sounds a lot like the thinking that brought us ted ginn. I rather take BPA and continuing add play makers instead of settling for the garbage that falls to us. And how do we need Tannehill? He won't beat out Garrard or Moore this year anyways, so why is he such a necessity?

Pinkboy
03-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Tannehill reminds me too much of Gabbert. Those QB's with piss poor pocket recognition and feel/awareness/instincts never amount to anything in the NFL

both QB's jumped into 1st round territory a month or 2 before the draft when everyone had them as 3rd and 4th rounders during the end of the college season,

meh. Don't care for such projects in the 1st. Give me a real quarterback, not a project and wishful thinking on crappy pocket awareness and piss poor instincts to where it destroys the rest of his game at the next level ( see Gabbert last year and Henne's crappy career, same garbage)

If Cam Newton didn't have such incredible pocket awareness he wouldn't have been half the QB he was last year. All the elements of pocket awareness, and there are quite a few of them, should INSTANTLY be 50% of everyone's grade on a young QB. They either have it naturally or they don't. Stay the hell away if they don't have it. All the greats had it early - from rodgers, manning, brady, montana, young, marino, elway , and all the rest. They all had amazing feel in the pocket. Pocket geniuses.

It's ALWAYS the common denominator with the great ones. Period

Everything that happens before the throw is just as important (if not more important) as after the throw. You can have the best arm ever, great ball placement and anticipation of receivers, and all that fluffy stuff people look for. But if you don't have everything before the throw, none of it matters and you won't amount to jack in the NFL - see Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, and Jamarcus Russell -- all guys with piss poor pocket awareness and feel.

stay the fukk away from crappy pocket awareness/feel guys like tannehill. He will never be anything in this league, just like Gabbert and john Beck and hundreds of others that came out of college and couldn't even get to 1st base in the NFL because of it

LANGER72
03-23-2012, 02:50 PM
My Mock Draft - Probably won't happen, but I would be happy.

1. Trent Richardson - RB(I hope he falls), otherwise trade back
2. Coby Fleener - TE
3. Josh Robinson - CB
3. Brock Osweiler - QB
4. Vontaze Burflict - ILB
5. Devon Wylie - WR
6. Lucas Nix - OG
7. Marcel Jones - OT
FA - Chandler Harnish - QB

Aqua and Orange
03-23-2012, 03:27 PM
This is not going to be popular, but I think the Dolphins draft Quentin Coples at #8 (passing on Tannehill) and do everything to target Weeden with their second rounder.

TheBow305
03-24-2012, 02:21 AM
This is not going to be popular, but I think the Dolphins draft Quentin Coples at #8 (passing on Tannehill) and do everything to target Weeden with their second rounder.

I wouldn't be terribly upset with that, or surprised. I just hope if we do that we take another young QB at some point in the draft. Maybe Osweiler or Lindley.

Miamifin23
03-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Possible franchise qb or 3 average starters... Ummmm... Not even close! QB in the worst way. That's if their high on tannehil.

3rdandinches
03-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I love how guys get upset that we don't sign M.Flynn when we have his coach for the last 4 years and he doesn't want him for more then competition for M.Moore and now guys are banging their chests against drafting Tannehill when we have his coach for his entire college career. We can't get better inside information but it's still not good enough, lol!
What the hell does Philbin and Sherman know anyways, their just a couple of football fans, lol!