PDA

View Full Version : Our 3rd round pick from Chi gives us back to back picks. NICE.

rvz1020
03-23-2012, 12:59 PM
I just found out that the chicago 3rd round pick we picked up for Marshall is the pick after our own 3rd rounder. This opens up a lot of possibilities. We can double down on 2 WR's or most likely, trade down in 3rd and pick up another 3rd next year. What do you guys think?

cdz12250
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Gives us two BPAs or a need and a BPA or two needs before anyone else gets a chance to draft. Or possibly the ability to move up in the 2nd or 3rd.

Kdawg954
03-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Always nice to have back to back picks at some point in the first 3 rounds. It's the reason many people love picking first in fantasy drafts (outside of getting the best player of course).

miamb113
03-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Packaged them with a late round pick to move up to the first or early second maybe to come back for Tannehill after we take Floyd top ten how bout that for a draft?

Kdawg954
03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Packaged them with a late round pick to move up to the first or early second maybe to come back for Tannehill after we take Floyd top ten how bout that for a draft?

You'd probably need to use the #42 and the #73 to move to the bottom of the first round. Still I'd say if you can exit this draft with Floyd and Tannehill you have done damn well and you still have an extra 3rd in 2013 and your original 3rd rounder.

You'd also have to hope Cleveland passes twice.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I say pick two in a row. One BPA, one need.

napsndreds
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Who is in the draft that can replace Marshall?

Fins1971
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Since the saints lost their 2nd rounder for bountygate both of our 3rd round picks should be one spot lower.

RobertHorry
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Blackmon and Ryan Lindley would be ideal IMO

Fins1971
03-23-2012, 01:38 PM

last year rookie receivers

AJ Green.... 1057 yards 7 tds
Julio Jones...959 yards...8 tds
Torrey Smith...841 yards...7 tds
Doug Baldwin...788 yards...4 tds
Greg Little...708 yards...2 tds
Denarius Moore...618 yards...5tds
Titus Young...607 yards...6 tds

I'm sure we can find one.

X-Pacolypse
03-23-2012, 01:45 PM
2 WR's for Ryan Tannehill.

insomnia411
03-23-2012, 01:54 PM

First of all, last year happened to be an unbelievable draft class for receivers. Secondly, the only two players that you listed who could possibly become Brandon Marshall like talents are AJ Green and Julio Jones, and both of those guys went top 6. Thirdly, our FO sucks total dick at drafting.
So, is it POSSIBLE that we find a receiver as good as Marshall in this draft, sure. Is it probable? Not even close.

jerseys_FINest
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
First of all, last year happened to be an unbelievable draft class for receivers. Secondly, the only two players that you listed who could possibly become Brandon Marshall like talents are AJ Green and Julio Jones, and both of those guys went top 6. Thirdly, our FO sucks total dick at drafting.
So, is it POSSIBLE that we find a receiver as good as Marshall in this draft, sure. Is it probable? Not even close.

stupid stupid comment. how about you look up where brandon marshall was drafted before you go on a negative rant?

PhinzN703
03-23-2012, 02:53 PM

I think your insomnia is blocking all of the positiveness that exists deep inside your brain from coming out. Try and sleep a bit and see if that does anything.

NRA
03-23-2012, 03:10 PM
link?

because i still see on the nfl.com ticker when they run the trades so far in f/a, it says a 3rd THIS year and a 3rd NEXT YEAR in 2013.

not back to back 3rds.

did that change?

link?

Duriel
03-23-2012, 03:15 PM
The Bears had two third round picks this year. There was question as to which we would receive.

We acquired the the higher of the two, pick 74.

We already have 73, giving us picks 73 and 74 (back to back picks)

We also get the Bears third next year.

rvz1020
03-23-2012, 03:18 PM
link?

because i still see on the nfl.com ticker when they run the trades so far in f/a, it says a 3rd THIS year and a 3rd NEXT YEAR in 2013.

not back to back 3rds.

did that change?

link?

we pick then chicago picks after us, so we have that pick too. We also have chicagos pick next year.

SuperMarksBros.
03-23-2012, 03:19 PM

...and the guy running our draft went with Clyde Gates.

Elliott 1
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Trade down twice in the 1st and add another 2nd and 3rd as well then draft:
TE.......Coby Fleener
QB.......Brandon Weeden
DE.......Chandler Jones
WR.......Greg Childs
DE/OLB..Shea McClellin
OG........Tony Bergstrom
S...........Eddie Whitley
OT.........Tom Compton
OC..........Scott Wedige

fishbanger
03-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Nice to have two picks in a row. Looks like a great way to double down on a single position like WRs.

circumstances
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
philbin's system is wr by committee. he likes to spread it! a greg jennings-type would be nice. but a bunch of jordy nelson, donald driver, james jones types will work as well.

Rocket2981
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
...and the guy running our draft went with Clyde Gates.

Please be honest as Green, Jones, Young, Smith and Little were all picked before Gates. Also, the jury is still out on Gates, he has potential. Let him another year with the new coaching staff before calling him a bust. At worst, he'll be a solid KR...

Phins89
03-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Like Elliot, I've been saying it for awhile. Trade down twice in the first round.

1:WR
2a:QB
2b: DE/OLB
2c:S
3a:TE
3b:WR

fishfanmiami
03-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Marshall was an alpha reciever #1 guy who demanded a double team .From what i understand in the WCO you have severval # 2 type guys and spread the ball around. A good pass catching TE is a must and your backs (Bush) get lots of receptions.
No need to replace Marshall at all.

DphinBillkiller
03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
The Phins need to get some players who can come in and contribute quickly with the picks.

WestSideFin
03-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Gimme malcom floyd or kendell wright enough said.....

Fins1971
03-23-2012, 04:00 PM
. Secondly, the only two players that you listed who could possibly become Brandon Marshall like talents are AJ Green and Julio Jones, and both of those guys went top 6.

Why the infatuation with Brandon Marshall? We do have the 8th pick which is very close to the picks that got AJ green and Julio Jones.

Green started his 1st year and turned a 4-12 team into a playoff team.

Brandon Marshall has yet to play on a winning team and his career is on the down side.

He can and will be replaced.

lbsfinest
03-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Great, Ireland can take Patrick Turner/John Jerry type bums back to back!

finfan54
03-23-2012, 04:18 PM
is marlon moore a #2 type? he was lookin real good until he got hurt. He was bubble but a tough bubble, I think he will play week to week.

traptses
03-23-2012, 04:33 PM
the only two players that you listed who could possibly become Brandon Marshall like talents are AJ Green and Julio Jones, and both of those guys went top 6. So, is it POSSIBLE that we find a receiver as good as Marshall in this draft, sure. Is it probable? Not even close.

and Brandon Marshall went 4th round. So I don't get the argument

allsilverdreams
03-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Nice to have two picks in a row. Looks like a great way to double down on a single position like WRs.like what you are thinking here but we have stupit @$$ doing our drafting for us

circumstances
03-23-2012, 04:53 PM
like what you are thinking here but we have stupit @$$ doing our drafting for us

which draft picks did you disagree with in 2011, and who would you have taken instead?

circumstances
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Great, Ireland can take Patrick Turner/John Jerry type bums back to back!

sorry to confuse you with the facts, but jeff ireland wasn't in charge when either patrick turner or john jerry were drafted. and if you actually watched any dolphins games towards the end of last season (during our six wins in nine games stretch) it was third round pick john jerry starting at LEFT TACKLE for the injured jake long, and doing a hell of a job.

Dolphin Dave
03-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I like having back to back picks. First of all, it gives us more time to consider who to pick or work the phones on a trade. Secondly, if you are looking at 2 guys and have them rated equally you can just take them both.

ohall
03-23-2012, 05:57 PM

On the field or off the field?

cuban_refugee
03-23-2012, 06:02 PM

Anyone that can catch!

retarmyfinfan
03-23-2012, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=NRA;1064263495]link?

not back to back 3rds

did that change?

He said with our original 3rd and Chicago's third this year. Not the 2 Chicago 3rd's

rent this space
03-23-2012, 07:28 PM
replacing someone with 6 TDs shouldn't be too tough

tay0365
03-23-2012, 07:51 PM
First of all, last year happened to be an unbelievable draft class for receivers.

You think last years class was better then this year?

Justin Blackman....Kendall Wright......Michael Floyd.......Stephen Hill.....Alshon Jeffery....Mohamed Sanu....Brian Quick.......Joe Adams...Chris Givens....Tommy Streeter...B.J Cunningham....Rueban Randle

Just a few in this years receiver talent pool, and each one can realistically become a top receiver. Miami is switching to WCO (even though Philben does not want to call it West coast), they have no need for #1 receivers, instead want good receivers that are smart, can catch the ball, and are team players, not superstar minded that expects to see the ball twice as much as the next receiver on Miami.

If whomever Miami picks at receiver ends up being a #1 talent, then awesome, as long as he does not have the superstar mentality, but #1 is to be part of the team, not believe he is the team.

kloud_9
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
You think last years class was better then this year?

Justin Blackman....Kendall Wright......Michael Floyd.......Stephen Hill.....Alshon Jeffery....Mohamed Sanu....Brian Quick.......Joe Adams...Chris Givens....Tommy Streeter...B.J Cunningham....Rueban Randle

Just a few in this years receiver talent pool, and each one can realistically become a top receiver. Miami is switching to WCO (even though Philben does not want to call it West coast), they have no need for #1 receivers, instead want good receivers that are smart, can catch the ball, and are team players, not superstar minded that expects to see the ball twice as much as the next receiver on Miami.

If whomever Miami picks at receiver ends up being a #1 talent, then awesome, as long as he does not have the superstar mentality, but #1 is to be part of the team, not believe he is the team. don't forget my boys juron criner and Ryan broyles! Steals in this draft

tay0365
03-23-2012, 08:06 PM
don't forget my boys juron criner and Ryan broyles! Steals in this draft

Exactly, or how about Marvin Jones, Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller.......

miamifire
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM

You have Tannehill and Mo Sanu going 1 and 2 in your mock draft. I like the Sanu pick. Saw him at Rutgers and he is talented. Can take over a game at times. He has good size but not great speed. I wouldn't mind a trade down, pick up another pick, then draft Tannehill and Sanu. Nice.

Gammons Peter
03-24-2012, 01:19 PM
The Bears had two 3rd rounders this year. Did Miami at least get the the better of the two?