PDA

View Full Version : My Mock Draft, tell me what you think, and what changes would you make?

phinatic1399
03-23-2012, 09:15 PM
1. QB-Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M, 6-4, 221-Dolphins finally get their QB of the future. Tannehill will be a project and will have to sit for a year but Mike Sherman knows him best. He can execute the WC offense and is already being compared to Phillip Rivers by Mike Mayock.

2-TE Dwayne Allen, Clemson, 6-3, 255-Allen is an athletic receiving TE prospect who has decent blocking skills. Allen has soft, natural hands and excellent ball skills. Speed is good, cuts and turning ability are impressive.

3A-WR Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, 6-2, 215-While Sanu lacks the elite timed speed to leaves scouts gasping he does possess an exciting blend of size, strength and natural open field running skills. Possessing the size to contribute at split end as well as the savvy route-running and courage to attack defenses from the slot, Sanu is better prepared than most collegiate receivers to make the NFL jump.

3B-OG-Brandon Washington, Miami U, 6-3, 320-He has improved each year and is a brutal blocker on runs, but still needs work recognizing variables presented by various pass rushers. At Miami he started 15 games at left guard his first two years and 12 at left tackle last season. - Frank Cooney - The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout.

4-OLB-Bruce Irvin, West Virgina, 6-3, 245- Ran 4.43/40, Pass Rush/Blitz: Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has flexibility to turn the corner. Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when passer steps up. Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves. Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.

5-CB-DeQuan Menzie, Alabama, 5-11, 202-Menzie is the Tide's starting cornerback opposite Dre Kirkpatrick he moves inside to the `star' or nickel back in passing situations very versatile and physical corner with outstanding cover skills while showing the ability to blitz off the corner and bring a toughness to the run support.

6-WR Danny Coale, Virgina Tech, 6-0, 201-Very good hands, would fit well in West Coast offense.

7-DT Hebron Fangupo, BYU, 6-1, 323-Adds depth behind Soliai, Possesses a girthy, wide-body size with a strong upper and lower body. Extremely strong with the raw power to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack. Anchors off the snap and holds his ground, staying stout in the run game.

I did not add a right tackle because I think Hicks/Murtha and Jerry will battle for that spot.

scouting reports from: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/DT

BillsFanInPeace
03-23-2012, 09:27 PM
1. QB-Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M, 6-4, 221-Dolphins finally get their QB of the future. Tannehill will be a project and will have to sit for a year but Mike Sherman knows him best. He can execute the WC offense and is already being compared to Phillip Rivers by Mike Mayock.
Dont like Him at all. A 2nd round prospect getting elevated to 8th overall, why? Has he worked out well? NOPE he hasnt worked out. So what is it. The Media Hype they need another QB in the 1st. Bottomline there are 2 1st round QBs in this draft and Tannehill is not one of them. You would be better served looking elsewhere.

2-TE Dwayne Allen, Clemson, 6-3, 255-Allen is an athletic receiving TE prospect who has decent blocking skills. Allen has soft, natural hands and excellent ball skills. Speed is good, cuts and turning ability are impressive. Like the Pick. I prefer Fleener and Orson Charles more, but that is just me.

3A-WR Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, 6-2, 215-While Sanu lacks the elite timed speed to leaves scouts gasping he does possess an exciting blend of size, strength and natural open field running skills. Possessing the size to contribute at split end as well as the savvy route-running and courage to attack defenses from the slot, Sanu is better prepared than most collegiate receivers to make the NFL jump. I think you are taking him a Round early. IMO he is going in the 4th because of MAJOR Seperation questions. Brian Quick IMO is a better prospect here.

3B-OG-Brandon Washington, Miami U, 6-3, 320-He has improved each year and is a brutal blocker on runs, but still needs work recognizing variables presented by various pass rushers. At Miami he started 15 games at left guard his first two years and 12 at left tackle last season. - Frank Cooney - The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout. Like the pick

4-OLB-Bruce Irvin, West Virgina, 6-3, 245- Ran 4.43/40, Pass Rush/Blitz: Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has flexibility to turn the corner. Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when passer steps up. Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves. Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle. Really like the pick, I want the Bills to go here in the 4th as well.

5-CB-DeQuan Menzie, Alabama, 5-11, 202-Menzie is the Tide's starting cornerback opposite Dre Kirkpatrick … he moves inside to the `star' or nickel back in passing situations … very versatile and physical corner with outstanding cover skills while showing the ability to blitz off the corner and bring a toughness to the run support. I think he is going to be a FS in the NFL. IMO he is two stiff to play CB.

6-WR Danny Coale, Virgina Tech, 6-0, 201-Very good hands, would fit well in West Coast offense.

7-DT Hebron Fangupo, BYU, 6-1, 323-Adds depth behind Soliai, Possesses a girthy, wide-body size with a strong upper and lower body. Extremely strong with the raw power to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack. Anchors off the snap and holds his ground, staying stout in the run game.

I did not add a right tackle because I think Hicks/Murtha and Jerry will battle for that spot.

scouting reports from: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/DT

OK Comments in Bold. If they are not bolded either I dont know anything about it.

dolfan91
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Sanu won't make it out of round #2 and switch Washington with OG Brooks and I love this draft!!!

LordPicklewagon
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Orson Charles. Ugh. Soooooo overrated.

elite14eva
03-23-2012, 09:35 PM
i hope we get coale

BillsFanInPeace
03-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Orson Charles. Ugh. Soooooo overrated.

How did I over rate him.

I would not take him before the 3rd. I dont think there is a TE worth even a second round pick, except Maybe Fleener.

I do like him more than Allen though.

RonBrown
03-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Love the Danny Coale pick, I think he would be a late round steal.

BillsFanInPeace
03-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Sanu won't make it out of round #2 and switch Washington with OG Brooks and I love this draft!!!

Sanu will slide to the late third 4th.

Seperation Issues.

LordPicklewagon
03-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Sanu will slide to the late third 4th.

Seperation Issues.

Nah. I think sanu goes mid late 2nd. I'm not saying you overrate Charles, I'm just saying he's overrated in general. Anywhoo. It's nice when opposing teams fans can actually talk draft. 95% of the opposing teams fans who come here are limited to only talking about their team and that's wearing their homer glasses. Award well deserved

utahphinsfan
03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I like Coale too. Wish I had insight on Fangupo, but, dont.

Rather trade down to the 18 to 22 range and get Fleener then get Zeitler if he is till around in the early 2nd. As for QB, I could deal w/ Cousins the 2nd or Foles in the 3rd/4th.

The Confessor
03-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Ryan Tannehill is a WR. Draft him at 8 if we must, but he is a better WR than QB. Sherman has already proven that once......

The rest is pretty solid. Wouldn't be upset if everything outside of Tannehill happened.

Oh yeah, the most glaring need on the roster is easily RT. They will have to address that since they didn't do anything in FA.

Stefins
03-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Sanu might slip into the 1rst.
he just ran a 4.41 and 4.48 at his pro day.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/03/rutgers_mohamed_sanu_boosts_nf.html

But I admit I might be a homer for Sanu

SF Dolphin Fan
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Real quality draft. I think Ryan Tannehill will prove to be the real deal. Dwayne Allen is round 2 is solid. I prefer Coby Fleener, but I think Miami would have to trade up for him. Bruce Irvin is intriguing. He only does one thing well, but that's something extremely valuable. Maybe he can develop into more than just a pass rusher.

BillsFanInPeace
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Sanu might slip into the 1rst.
he just ran a 4.41 and 4.48 at his pro day.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/03/rutgers_mohamed_sanu_boosts_nf.html

But I admit I might be a homer for Sanu

You are.

Those times will get adjusted for the fast track

I am telling you he is going to have alot of seperation concerns in the NFL

2413fanphins
03-24-2012, 07:15 AM
If fleener is anybodys pick, it has to be a first. And it has to be.well in front of san fran... no way harbaugh lets fleener get by the niners

Penntastic
03-24-2012, 08:11 AM
1. Melvin Ingram, South Carolina, DE
2. Rueben Randle, LSU, WR
3a. Brandon Weeden, Okla. St, QB
3b. Kelechi Osemele, Iowa St, OT
4. Micheal Egnew, Missouri, TE
5. Kellen Moore, Boise ST, QB
6&7. BPA

The Confessor
03-24-2012, 09:49 AM
1. Melvin Ingram, South Carolina, DE
2. Rueben Randle, LSU, WR
3a. Brandon Weeden, Okla. St, QB
3b. Kelechi Osemele, Iowa St, OT
4. Micheal Egnew, Missouri, TE
5. Kellen Moore, Boise ST, QB
6&7. BPA

Would love that scenario, HOWEVER, Zero chance Weeden lasts till the 3rd. Might not be there in the 2nd but I think he will.
Egnew will never last till the 4th, and if we pick up Fleener, we won't be taking Egnew.
Randle that early is probably a bit of a reach...would switch Randle and Weeden and throw another pick at WR instead of Egnew.