PDA

View Full Version : Post your Sleeper Picks thread

Roman529
03-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I like a small Wes Welker-type Wide receiver from Fresno State named Devon Wylie. I got to see him play against Air Force and he is a good slot receiver and punt returner. He ran a 4.39 Forty at the Combines and I think he would smoke Welker in a foot race. I would take a big WR like Stephen Hill earlier in the draft and maybe this guy in the 4th or 5th round. Here is a vid of him running the forty. He can fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq3xzdnlKtI

Round 1 - Melvin Ingram, SC, OLB
Round 2 - Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, WR
Round 3 - Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette, TE
Round 3 - Trumaine Johnson, Montana, CB
Round 4 - Tony Bergstrom, Utah, RT
Round 5 - Devon Wylie, Fresno State, WR
Round 6 - BPA
Round 7 - BPA

LANGER72
03-23-2012, 10:22 PM
My Mock Draft - Probably won't happen, but I would be happy.Our offense is gutted, and we need some playmakers and QB projects. If TRich is off the board, trade back twice(if possible) and then take Weeden in the 20's of the first round.Our defense needs an edge rusher, but that can be addressed next year(unless we get some extra picks trading back).Couples and Upshaw do not impress me.

1. Trent Richardson - RB(I hope he falls), otherwise trade back
2. Coby Fleener - TE
3. Josh Robinson- CB
3. Brock Osweiler - QB
4. Vontaze Burflict - ILB
5. Devon Wylie- WR
6. Lucas Nix - OG
7. Marcel Jones - OT
FA - Chandler Harnish - QB

BillsFanInPeace
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Mine is BJ Coleman. You get him with a nice QB coach and you have a very intreguing developmental prospect that could become very good in this league. Has all the tick marks that you look for in a QB, Size, Arm, Accuracy Footwork is HORRIBLE. But I would love to see what Chan can do with him.

Fin Thirteen
03-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Lesser known or later round guys I like in need positions for Miami are

Russell Wilson QB
Amini Silatolu OG
TY Hilton WR
Duke Ihenacho SS
Justin Bethel CB/FS
Michael Egnew TE
Lavonte David LB
Olivier Vernon LB

SF Dolphin Fan
03-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Lesser known or later round guys I like in need positions for Miami are

Russell Wilson QB
Amini Silatolu OG
TY Hilton WR
Duke Ihenacho SS
Justin Bethel CB/FS
Michael Egnew TE
Lavonte David LB
Olivier Vernon LBNice list. I think Russell Wilson will outplay a lot of qb's drafted before him. In a way, he's kind of like a David Garrard.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Mine is BJ Coleman. You get him with a nice QB coach and you have a very intreguing developmental prospect that could become very good in this league. Has all the tick marks that you look for in a QB, Size, Arm, Accuracy Footwork is HORRIBLE. But I would love to see what Chan can do with him.Haven't seen him play live so it's hard to say. Who does he compare to? Also, wow, can't believe Bills signed Mario Williams. You must be excited. I always liked Chan Gailey -- thought he did a lot here with very little talent on offense at the time.

wifinfan
03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Russell Wilson is also my sleeper pick. Being a Badger fan, got to see alot of games. Has very good presence on the field. I really thought he would choose baseball over football though. Played behind a huge offensive line with the average lineman 6' 5".

Morey161
03-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Olivier Vernon DE/OLB Miami
Brandon Washington OG Miami
Greg Childs WR Arkansas
Darrell Scott RB USF
Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State
Nigel Bradam LB FSU

RobertHorry
03-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Ryan Lindley is going to be a monster if he gets a good QB coach.

dr.jake
03-24-2012, 04:46 PM
chandler jones de syracuse. big fast fill for departing jason taylor. josh chichester louisville. big te w/ nice hands. frank alexander de OK. injuries and off the field crap probably make him a UFA. oregon cb cliff harris.again off the field issues will let him slip.

Roman529
03-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Mine is BJ Coleman. You get him with a nice QB coach and you have a very intreguing developmental prospect that could become very good in this league. Has all the tick marks that you look for in a QB, Size, Arm, Accuracy Footwork is HORRIBLE. But I would love to see what Chan can do with him.

Mel Kiper likes Coleman. 6'5", 230. He has a nice over-the-top delivery, and pretty good footwork. I haven't seen him play, but he looks pretty good on the YouTube vids I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=__GQYD1aRi8

DKphin
03-24-2012, 07:18 PM
I like a small Wes Welker-type Wide receiver from Fresno State named Devon Wylie. I got to see him play against Air Force and he is a good slot receiver and punt returner. He ran a 4.39 Forty at the Combines and I think he would smoke Welker in a foot race. I would take a big WR like Stephen Hill earlier in the draft and maybe this guy in the 4th or 5th round. Here is a vid of him running the forty. He can fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq3xzdnlKtI

Round 1 - Melvin Ingram, SC, OLB
Round 2 - Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, WR
Round 3 - Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette, TE
Round 3 - Trumaine Johnson, Montana, CB
Round 4 - Tony Bergstrom, Utah, RT
Round 5 - Devon Wylie, Fresno State, WR
Round 6 - BPA
Round 7 - BPAWhat you said.:up:

PSU Cane
03-24-2012, 08:09 PM
My sleepers:
Brandon Hardin - S Oregon State
- This kid is big and fast. He's under the radar after suffering a season ending shoulder injury.

Tim Fugger - DE/OLB Vanderbilt
- I found this kid when i was watching tape on Casey Hayward and Chris Marve. He just flashed...more athletic than i expected and seems to play with a mean streak.

Julian Miller - DE/OLB West Virginia
- WVU didn't do this guy any favors by making him play DT at times at 270 pounds, but he was a team player and did it....and played well at times.

David Douglas - WR Arizona
Thomas Mayo - WR Cal U (PA)
Adonis Thomas - RB Toledo

kvado16
03-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Alshon Jeffery most definitely, everybody is throwing him under the bus, but he has amazing talent.

PSU Cane
03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Alshon Jeffery most definitely, everybody is throwing him under the bus, but he has amazing talent.

How is a guy that started the year as a top 10 pick a sleeper?

kvado16
03-24-2012, 08:43 PM
If he slid to the 2nd round that means everybody slept on him

Morey161
03-24-2012, 09:20 PM
My sleepers:
Brandon Hardin - S Oregon State
- This kid is big and fast. He's under the radar after suffering a season ending shoulder injury.

Tim Fugger - DE/OLB Vanderbilt
- I found this kid when i was watching tape on Casey Hayward and Chris Marve. He just flashed...more athletic than i expected and seems to play with a mean streak.

Julian Miller - DE/OLB West Virginia
- WVU didn't do this guy any favors by making him play DT at times at 270 pounds, but he was a team player and did it....and played well at times.

David Douglas - WR Arizona
Thomas Mayo - WR Cal U (PA)
Adonis Thomas - RB Toledo

I love the Fugger pick. Very underrated.

MiamiDolfan85
03-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Scott Solomon, DE ou of Rice(6'3",263)

reminds me a lot of Atlanta Falcons Biermann......very underrated. He'll make the team, and have impact on passing downs early on.

Solomon is a 6-7th round grade

MiamiDolfan85
03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Mel Kiper likes Coleman. 6'5", 230. He has a nice over-the-top delivery, and pretty good footwork. I haven't seen him play, but he looks pretty good on the YouTube vids I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=__GQYD1aRi8first thing I noticed about Coleman in that video is how fast he gets the ball out at the snap. Very quick delivery. The second thing is his throwing motion. He has that nice twitch of the hips as he releases the ball that scouts look for. He looks very fluid and polished for the school and background he comes from.

I've seen worse 5th round selections, wouldn't mind him there.

Roman529
03-24-2012, 11:07 PM
I love the Fugger pick. Very underrated.

I'd love to get a jersey that said Fugger on it. :chuckle: There is also a good RB at Cincinatti named Isaiah Pead....I want to get an I. Pead jersey.

iMFEELNiT
03-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Danny Coale WR Virginia Tech
Great hands, runs crisp routes. Kid can even punt.

Morey161
03-25-2012, 08:22 AM
I'd love to get a jersey that said Fugger on it. :chuckle: There is also a good RB at Cincinatti named Isaiah Pead....I want to get an I. Pead jersey.

haha that's another great reason to have Fugger on the Dolphins. Just to be able to say FUGGER!!! GET HIM FUGGER!!! Then to have a Fugger jersey would be awesome.

LANGER72
03-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Olivier Vernon DE/OLB Miami
Brandon Washington OG Miami
Greg Childs WR Arkansas
Darrell Scott RB USF
Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State
Nigel Bradam LB FSU

I forgot about Vernon. He might be a steal at DE. Good post.

LANGER72
03-25-2012, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Morey161;1064265171]haha that's another great reason to have Fugger on the Dolphins. Just to be able to say FUGGER!!! GET HIM FUGGER!!! Then to have a Fugger jersey would be awesome.[/Q

LOL

ChambersWI
03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
not to be a homer but my Michigan boys will all outperform where they get drafted; Ryan Van Bergan, David Molk, Kevin Koger, Mike Martin, Martavious Odoms, and Junior Hemmingway. Hemmingway, Odoms, and Koger spent so many years as fish out of water in RIch Rodriguez's offense. Hemmingway and Odoms also battled injuries but are extremely talented. Martin and RVB are also better than the putrid defenses of their first 3 years.

2413fanphins
03-25-2012, 11:04 AM

i was just thinking the same thing... and when he ****s up we could scream at the big screen "i knew you'd be a stupid fugger sometime today, you motherfugger."

PSU Cane
03-25-2012, 11:24 AM
not to be a homer but my Michigan boys will all outperform where they get drafted; Ryan Van Bergan, David Molk, Kevin Koger, Mike Martin, Martavious Odoms, and Junior Hemmingway. Hemmingway, Odoms, and Koger spent so many years as fish out of water in RIch Rodriguez's offense. Hemmingway and Odoms also battled injuries but are extremely talented. Martin and RVB are also better than the putrid defenses of their first 3 years.

I like Hemingway and Van Bergen late in the draft. I agree with you that both guys are better players than where they will be drafted.

MiamiMuss
03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Hemmingway is gonna be a VG wr come sundays....Hes my sleeper WR pick.

sdjack605
03-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Dale Moss WR South Dakota State.....
6 3"
Ran a 4.45 40
6.32 3 cone drill
41 inch vertical

ShootinBlanks
03-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Not really a sleeper but I want us to get Stephen Hill

Morey161
03-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I forgot about Vernon. He might be a steal at DE. Good post.

Thank you. Vernon can be a very good player. Would love for the Dolphins to get him.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Casey Hayword CB
T.Y. Hilton WR
Michael Egnew TE
janzen Jackson FS

There is a few more I just can't think

PSU Cane
03-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank you. Vernon can be a very good player. Would love for the Dolphins to get him.

Vernon has to learn how to work harder all the time. He's been singled out a few times at Miami for not working as hard in the off-season (he's been passed many times by less than stellar players on the depth chart during Golden's off-season program) and his films will show him playing real tough and putting effort in one play and then taking the next off......many many times throughout a game. If he fixes this problem, i think he has the potential to be a solid pro.

Morey161
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Vernon has to learn how to work harder all the time. He's been singled out a few times at Miami for not working as hard in the off-season (he's been passed many times by less than stellar players on the depth chart during Golden's off-season program) and his films will show him playing real tough and putting effort in one play and then taking the next off......many many times throughout a game. If he fixes this problem, i think he has the potential to be a solid pro.

Totally agree but isn't that the problem with a lot of sleepers? They don't work hard enough or injuries but they have very high potential.

cuban_refugee
03-25-2012, 06:15 PM
I would love Brandon Boykin as one of our 3rd Rd picks.

LANGER72
03-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Totally agree but isn't that the problem with a lot of sleepers? They don't work hard enough or injuries but they have very high potential.

The guy has the physical ability. He just has to grow up and go to work every day.
Once guys like these get paid, the light turns on or stays off. They will sink or swim.

ChambersWI
03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I like Hemingway and Van Bergen late in the draft. I agree with you that both guys are better players than where they will be drafted.

the big issue with Van Bergan and Martin was that RichRod's staff didn't teach them technique or how to study film. Hell during the season, RVB did an interview where he basically came out and said the toughest part about Mattison and Hoke was them saying that they had no idea how to play their respective positions because they didn't know the basics. Rod's regime did them get into top notch shape.

Hemmingway was hampered by some freak stuff. Had an apendectomy, then got hurt a lot his sophomore/early junior season because Rod kept putting him in as a punt returner. He's got great hands and can out jump anybody. Plus, he played last year in a WCO.

Morey161
03-25-2012, 10:34 PM
The guy has the physical ability. He just has to grow up and go to work every day.
Once guys like these get paid, the light turns on or stays off. They will sink or swim.

Agreed but that is why some of these players fall is because of their lack or drive but some guys decide to do it and some don't. That the risk you take but if it works out for those guys then they are just as good as a top 10 pick. High reward but there is obviously some risk. That is why they fall.

bcwhite
03-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Danny Coale WR Virginia Tech
Great hands, runs crisp routes. Kid can even punt.

Agreed kid can flat play would thrive in a WCO

PSU Cane
03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
the big issue with Van Bergan and Martin was that RichRod's staff didn't teach them technique or how to study film. Hell during the season, RVB did an interview where he basically came out and said the toughest part about Mattison and Hoke was them saying that they had no idea how to play their respective positions because they didn't know the basics. Rod's regime did them get into top notch shape.

Hemmingway was hampered by some freak stuff. Had an apendectomy, then got hurt a lot his sophomore/early junior season because Rod kept putting him in as a punt returner. He's got great hands and can out jump anybody. Plus, he played last year in a WCO.

If Hemingway is there in the 6th, i grab him in a heartbeat. I think he sees PT his rookie season in the right offense.

MiamiMuss
03-26-2012, 07:18 PM
If Hemingway is there in the 6th, i grab him in a heartbeat. I think he sees PT his rookie season in the right offense.

Ecspecially with our offense.

nick1
03-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Coleman and Wilson would be good, I think Darron Thomas is undervalued. he might not even be drafted

PSU Cane
03-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Coleman and Wilson would be good, I think Darron Thomas is undervalued. he might not even be drafted

I don't think Thomas is undervalued. I was never that impressed with him (though it was the Oregon offense that made him look good) and he was terrible at the combine. He would be a major project.

mmansfield
03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Alex Tanney out of Monmouth has a lot of tools like height some speed and a better than average but not great arm. He is also a good leader. I believe they are D3 so not much competition but he lit it up down there. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we drafted from Monmouth in the past so he could end up a late pic or free agent signing.

sdjack605
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsovbfuJU7Y&feature=youtu.be

dale moss showing off some of his athleticism, definite late round sleeper

Buff
04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Burfict. I know he has fallen a long way down the boards, but 1 year ago he was considered top 10 material. Now, he is the forgotten man of the draft. Some mocks have him mid 2nds to late 6th rounder.

He really is a hit or miss, boom or bust type player. If he is available in the 5th or 6th, then yeah take a punt on him. At the end of the day you have tried and either lost a 5 th or 6th rounder which ain't a lot to give up or you have a wrecking ball that may be motivated due to his stock dropping.

Worth a shot imo