PDA

View Full Version : Best Fits

SF Dolphin Fan
03-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Most scouts can watch a college player and know if he has skills. The tough thing is to figure out if the player "fits" the teams' philosophy. Teams that get that right have success in the draft. Teams that don't struggle. So my question is who do you think best fits what Miami wants to do on offense and defense? Here a few that I see as good fits.

Ryan Tannehill -- knows Sherman's offense, has the mobility and skills to execute it.
David DeCastro -- Miami is looking for more athletic lineman and DeCastro is so quick to get to the second level.
Coby Fleener -- Smart, fast, tall and knows how to get open. Sounds like the perfect TE for Philibin.
Kirk Cousins -- Needs to improve decision making, but has the smarts, mobility and physical skils suited for WCO.
Luke Kuechly -- Most instinctive linebacker I have ever seen on the college level. Better athlete than given credit for. Leader.

Those are just a few that I think would fit the mold. Be curious what others see especially with wide receiver and pass rushers since those are big need areas.

ANUFan
03-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Most scouts can watch a college player and know if he has skills. The tough thing is to figure out if the player "fits" the teams' philosophy. Teams that get that right have success in the draft. Teams that don't struggle. So my question is who do you think best fits what Miami wants to do on offense and defense? Here a few that I see as good fits.

Ryan Tannehill -- knows Sherman's offense, has the mobility and skills to execute it.
David DeCastro -- Miami is looking for more athletic lineman and DeCastro is so quick to get to the second level.
Coby Fleener -- Smart, fast, tall and knows how to get open. Sounds like the perfect TE for Philibin.
Kirk Cousins -- Needs to improve decision making, but has the smarts, mobility and physical skils suited for WCO.
Luke Kuechly -- Most instinctive linebacker I have ever seen on the college level. Better athlete than given credit for. Leader.

Those are just a few that I think would fit the mold. Be curious what others see especially with wide receiver and pass rushers since those are big need areas.

Of the prospect you've just mention i think only two are what i would catagorize as can't miss:

1) Coby Fleener
2) Luke Kuechly

Everyone else is a gamble.

oldmangamr
03-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Of the prospect you've just mention i think only two are what i would catagorize as can't miss:

1) Coby Fleener
2) Luke Kuechly

Everyone else is a gamble.

Why do you think DeCastro is a gamble? Would love to have him on our line for the next 10 years. I see no gamble in him.

PSU Cane
03-24-2012, 08:39 PM
DeCastro is the biggest "can't miss" on that list.

dahlmarino
03-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Looking at some later rounds, I think TY Hilton would be a good fit for what Philbin will want out of our WR corps.

MiamiDolphin618
03-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I think Joe Adams is a great fit. He meets the size requirement of GBs mold. Also, his 40 time wasnt all that great, but the kid is stupid fast on gameday...he has football speed which is way more important than track speed. He is explosive, can get YAC, and is a better route runner than given credit for.

LANGER72
03-24-2012, 09:27 PM

I agree with everyone except Cousins.
I really like CB Josh Robinson and WR Devon Wylie. Great value and their stock has risen.

miamb113
03-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Love Tannehill if he's there that's our pick I do like Luke K tho and would love to take fleener if possible

DKphin
03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Devon Wylie, you put him in a WCO and he will flourish.