PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Miami Dolphins Mock Draft

Mage_Phin
03-24-2012, 02:09 PM
1. Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M - I think he has the upside to be a legitimate franchise QB in the NFL. It's going to be important not to rush him into starting too early, but having his college HC as OC should help a lot.
2. Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina - His stock has dropped, and other WRs stocks have risen, but I still believe he has the talent to be a #1 WR in the NFL.
3. Orson Charles TE Georgia - I'm sure Philbin is dying to have a pass catching TE on the team, and this pick would give us that.
3. Brandon Washington OL Miami - Very versatile player. With this pick, Jerry, Garner, Murtha, and Hicks we should be able to plug up the holes on the right side and field a pretty solid o-line.
4. Bruce Irvin DE/OLB West Virginia
5. TY Hilton WR/KR Florida International

allsilverdreams
03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
that is one of the best mock drafts i have seen all season i would love for that to happen.i just dont see charles droping to the 3rd

Morey161
03-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I would absolutely love this draft I have been hoping to get Charles in round 2 but if he were to last till 3 that would be absolutely amazing. Great draft.

Mage_Phin
03-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Glad you guys like it.

kvado16
03-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I like your draft a lot its very similar to mine in regards with the first 3 picks, only difference is I had us taking Ledarius Green rather than Orson Charles, and Tommy Streeter rather than Brandon Washington. However I like the rest of your picks like TY Hilton and Bruce Irvin.

The Confessor
03-24-2012, 10:32 PM
1. Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M - I think he has the upside to be a legitimate franchise QB in the NFL. It's going to be important not to rush him into starting too early, but having his college HC as OC should help a lot.
2. Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina - His stock has dropped, and other WRs stocks have risen, but I still believe he has the talent to be a #1 WR in the NFL.
3. Orson Charles TE Georgia - I'm sure Philbin is dying to have a pass catching TE on the team, and this pick would give us that.
3. Brandon Washington OL Miami - Very versatile player. With this pick, Jerry, Garner, Murtha, and Hicks we should be able to plug up the holes on the right side and field a pretty solid o-line.
4. Bruce Irvin DE/OLB West Virginia
5. TY Hilton WR/KR Florida International

Ryan Tannahill SUCKS!!! Have you watched even 10 minutes of this guy????
There will be much much better options at 2-9 than Alshon Jefferey. If he is still there at our 4th round pick, then great..otherwise, no thanks.
Brandon Washington? Maybe, but he won't be involved in any Tackle conversations. If you suggest he is the RG, then perhaps
Irvin is a very nice pick.
Hilton? I think he goes UDFA. Very easily a UDFA.

castillo23
03-26-2012, 12:49 PM
love TY!

hooshoops
03-26-2012, 12:54 PM
what's with all this alshon jeffery love??? no thanks

MiamiDolphin618
03-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Hilton? I think he goes UDFA. Very easily a UDFA.
Id say there is about a 0% chance TY Hilton is a UDFA. We would be lucky if he falls to the 5th, which is doubtful. I bet he goes 3rd round

hooshoops
03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
yeah i don't think ty hilton gets out of round 5 if he gets there...undrafted not seeing it

MiamiDolphin618
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM
I also think we will be looking for an athletic nickel corner. Hoops who do you think would fit that role best? Ive heard we have shown some love to Hosely and Robinson I believe. They must not be overly confident in Jimmy Wilson being able to take that role over.

hooshoops
03-26-2012, 01:17 PM
I also think we will be looking for an athletic nickel corner. Hoops who do you think would fit that role best? Ive heard we have shown some love to Hosely and Robinson I believe. They must not be overly confident in Jimmy Wilson being able to take that role over.

i like both those names listed...robinson may go round 2 and hosely i think can be had in round 3...hoselys a little light in the pants though...robinsons speed makes me think he'll go top 50...

as for jimmy wilson i for one am excited about that kids future...i liked what i saw in 2011...if we do in fact look for another nickel i can see wilson being viewed as the 2013 boundary replacement for sean smith...who imo is likely to leave after this year

MiamiDolphin618
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM
i like both those names listed...robinson may go round 2 and hosely i think can be had in round 3...hoselys a little light in the pants though...robinsons speed makes me think he'll go top 50...

as for jimmy wilson i for one am excited about that kids future...i liked what i saw in 2011...if we do in fact look for another nickel i can see wilson being viewed as the 2013 boundary replacement for sean smith...who imo is likely to leave after this year
I like Robinson and wouldnt be too upset with him in the 2nd round. There are so many ways we could go in this draft. I think we take Tannehill at 8. After that, I think we start taking BPA from a number of positions. WR, CB, and DE/OLB have to be the priority though.

hooshoops
03-26-2012, 05:52 PM
I like Robinson and wouldnt be too upset with him in the 2nd round. There are so many ways we could go in this draft. I think we take Tannehill at 8. After that, I think we start taking BPA from a number of positions. WR, CB, and DE/OLB have to be the priority though.

ideally i'd rather use that #42 pick on something else than robinson but i don't think he's on the board much longer than that if he gets there...corners with size and sprinter speed go off very fast...i might be mistaken but i'm thinking he came in at 6 ft and 200 lbs...and thats pretty ideal...he's got some solid tools...and he's physical which is paramount in a nickle cb...that and sure tackling

and nothing says he isn't the 2013 starting boundary cb either in place of smith...they have to prepare for the possibility they are losing a starting cb this next offseason

MiamiDolphin618
03-26-2012, 06:27 PM
ideally i'd rather use that #42 pick on something else than robinson but i don't think he's on the board much longer than that if he gets there...corners with size and sprinter speed go off very fast...i might be mistaken but i'm thinking he came in at 6 ft and 200 lbs...and thats pretty ideal...he's got some solid tools...and he's physical which is paramount in a nickle cb...that and sure tackling

and nothing says he isn't the 2013 starting boundary cb either in place of smith...they have to prepare for the possibility they are losing a starting cb this next offseason
Yeah that is certainly true. Im not a big Smith fan anyways. Nickel corners are pretty crucial in todays game, but I cant help but think there might be a pass rusher or receiver there who might be a better player.

hooshoops
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah that is certainly true. Im not a big Smith fan anyways. Nickel corners are pretty crucial in todays game, but I cant help but think there might be a pass rusher or receiver there who might be a better player.

i hear ya...but in todays game 3rd corners are pretty much starters...they're on the field that much given all these spread offenses and high # wr sets etc...

the real value in the top 50 imo is in the dline...specifically dt...which we don't really need...there's gonna be some guys who slip through the cracks on the dline into round 2 who can help ya...

i don't see the value at wr there...and edge pass rusher just depends on how it shakes out but i doubt a guy with high end rush tools who can play every down is gonna be sitting there

MiamiDolphin618
03-26-2012, 06:35 PM
i hear ya...but in todays game 3rd corners are pretty much starters...they're on the field that much given all these spread offenses and high # wr sets etc...

the real value in the top 50 imo is in the dline...specifically dt...which we don't really need...there's gonna be some guys who slip through the cracks on the dline into round 2 who can help ya...

i don't see the value at wr there...and edge pass rusher just depends on how it shakes out but i doubt a guy with high end rush tools who can play every down is gonna be sitting there
Yeah dline is pretty deep and Starks will be a FA after this year I believe so you never know. I actually like Irvin later in the draft as a pass rusher. Situational only and he has his issues, but hes got tools to work with no doubt.
As for WR, I think its pretty deep at slot receivers...guys like Joe Adams and Hilton could make an impact and be there in round 3. In the 2nd round though Id consider Sanu and Randle..but just depends on how it shakes out.

hooshoops
03-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah dline is pretty deep and Starks will be a FA after this year I believe so you never know. I actually like Irvin later in the draft as a pass rusher. Situational only and he has his issues, but hes got tools to work with no doubt.
As for WR, I think its pretty deep at slot receivers...guys like Joe Adams and Hilton could make an impact and be there in round 3. In the 2nd round though Id consider Sanu and Randle..but just depends on how it shakes out.

i like what ck said about irvin...he's good for about 8 snaps a game...definitely though very high end tools..just not much versatility in his pass rush...

as for sanu and randle i think that may be the play in round 2 even though its a little rich for me...cause i think there would be concerns that either would make it to the middle of round 3...and they seem to fit what this o is looking for in its wrs...i think i would prefer randle personally but its a tough call

as an olb/de pass rusher at #42 the branch kid from clemson might be there...but he's got average pass rush tools and is imo overrated

LANGER72
03-26-2012, 07:11 PM
This is a much better draft IMHO...

1. Trent Richardson - RB(I hope he falls), otherwise trade back
2. Coby Fleener - TE
3. Josh Robinson- CB
3. Brock Osweiler - QB
4. Vontaze Burflict - ILB
5. Devon Wylie- WR
6. Lucas Nix - OG
7. Marcel Jones - OT
FA - Chandler Harnish - QB

nick1
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I dont like Tannehill one bit. rather take Russel Wilson in the 3rd/4th and then pick up Darron Thomas undrafted FA. one of them will turn out to be a good QB