PDA

View Full Version : What positions do you want to see us draft in order and why?

mega-fin-love
03-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I think WR is the biggest need by far so I would really like to address this position. Having said that this is a very deep WR class so I would rather spend our first pick on a disruptive elite pass rusher. That way we can free up wake and also take a lot of pressure off of our slightly questionable defensive back field. Then I would go back to back WR's in the second and third rounds. We should be able to get some nice starters in those rounds. Then I would use the next couple of picks on a right guard and/or safety. I know I might get hammered because of not saying to draft a QB but I am just not sold on any of these guys. I don't want to take a QB just to do it. Having said that I really want us to draft a franchise QB but I just don't like the prospects this year. I'd rather give Moore one more year and if he doesn't prove to be the answer than draft first round next year in a better QB class. Thoughts?

1. DE (pass rusher)
2. WR
3. WR
4. OL (right side)

Dolphins101
03-24-2012, 03:35 PM
1st WR blackmon
2nd WR Floyd
3rd RT
3rd Saftey
4th Guard
5th Guard

mega-fin-love
03-24-2012, 03:38 PM
1st WR blackmon
2nd WR Floyd
3rd RT
3rd Saftey
4th Guard
5th Guard

I could certainly live with that but locking up Blackmon and Floyd would be very unlikely. We will also need a pash rusher badly especially since we will be in a lot more 4-3 packages. Our receivers would be sick though

phinfan1983
03-24-2012, 03:41 PM
DE - Ingram
WR - BPA
TE - Athletic, pass catching
FS
OT
WR - BPA
Last three sequence by BPA
OG
RB (size between bush and thomas)
LB

mega-fin-love
03-24-2012, 03:43 PM
DE - Ingram
WR - BPA
TE - Athletic, pass catching
FS
OT
WR - BPA
Last three sequence by BPA
OG
RB (size between bush and thomas)
LB

Not bad. We def agree on pass rusher and WR being the top 2 picks. To me that should be a given

OyeDale305
03-24-2012, 04:02 PM
1- WR (Trade for blackmon, Floyd)
2- DE (fast pass rusher)
3- WR
3- QB (Weeden, or Cousins) "If don't trade our 3rd"
4- Safety
5- O-line (tackle or guard)
6- WR (ill take another one philbin likes to run the 5 wide spread offense take as much Wrs you can)
7- DT (for depth)

Travis34
03-24-2012, 05:05 PM
1. WR (trade down for Floyd)
2. speed pass rusher
3. RT
3. WR
4. Another linebacker/de type
5/6/7. Go BPA with O-line, s/cb, or TE

circumstances
03-24-2012, 05:16 PM
our team needs, in order are: Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Safety, Pass Rusher (DE or OLB), and Tight End. now whether or not a player worth the pick is available in the draft in that order is another matter entirely.

dlockz
03-24-2012, 05:19 PM
our team needs, in order are: Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Safety, Pass Rusher (DE or OLB), and Tight End. now whether or not a player worth the pick is available in the draft in that order is another matter entirely.

offesnive line is a bigger need than many of those we have two good ol men and a bunch of spare parts

Roman529
03-24-2012, 05:28 PM
1. QB - Doesn't have to be in the first round, but I think we need to decide between Tannehill, Weeden or Cousins later on.
2. DE - Need another pass rusher.
3. WR - I think we need to draft two WR's.
4. TE - Have to draft a TE who can catch the ball, an upgrade over Fasano.
5. OL - Need an O-lineman for the right side of the line.

dlockz
03-24-2012, 05:30 PM
1. QB - Doesn't have to be in the first round, but I think we need to decide between Tannehill, Weeden or Cousins later on.

Need an ol at both guards and t

finfan54
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I think it needs to be said again, dont expect one of the top receivers to be drafted. Qb will take precedance over all. Where that Qb can be taken is another story. WR's are deep and alpha's not needed. Just 5 guys and a couple of TE's who can control the seam. Gaurd has kinda taken a bigger priority IMO because next year we may need two with Incognito and Jerry and Murtha could hold down the fort there for a year t
RT.

Alot of people discount CB and I think we will draft a CB and a Safety. The order in which they will be drafted depends on the players stock.

mega-fin-love
03-24-2012, 06:21 PM
I think it needs to be said again, dont expect one of the top receivers to be drafted. Qb will take precedance over all. Where that Qb can be taken is another story. WR's are deep and alpha's not needed. Just 5 guys and a couple of TE's who can control the seam. Gaurd has kinda taken a bigger priority IMO because next year we may need two with Incognito and Jerry and Murtha could hold down the fort there for a year t
RT.

Alot of people discount CB and I think we will draft a CB and a Safety. The order in which they will be drafted depends on the players stock.

I'm not so sure we will take a QB early. I hope we don't honestly. As stated I'm not sold on any of them. I would much rather jump up for Barkley next year and get a really high prospect. I feel this year would just be settling again for an average at best QB

drumzan
03-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Pass rusher...because we play Tom Brady twice a year.

FINatic054
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
1.- Floyd
2.- Janoris Jenkins
3a- pass rush
3b- OT

I would not draft Tannenhill or any other QB just because we think we need one. Tannenhill does not look like a NFL QB and to draft him would b huge mistake. I say start Moore this season. Give him another shot.

fishfanmiami
03-24-2012, 06:34 PM

This sounds about right. We do still need to get a QB but not at #8. Trade down would be nice.

mega-fin-love
03-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I would not even mind if we spent every pick on WR, pass rusher, OL, and safety. That would be pretty crazy but it would be far more likely that we filled all those needs. I'd be ok with that. Then draft a very high QB next year unless Moore looks even better than last year

2413fanphins
03-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I keep switching basically on a day to day basis. I like any combination of keuchly(my bpa at 8),or decastro and I throw tannehill in there just because I think it's a forgone conclusion we like him.. could be wrong though

i wanted fleener at 2, but he wont last that long, thinking we will need to trade up to about 20 to grab him. had a mock once with mychal kendricks as our 2nd pick, that probably wont happen.

had mocks with silatolu, iloka or harrison smith in the third.

more and more for me, i think if we take tannehill in at 8, we need to put a package together to come back and get fleener. he could be a real x factor. of course all of this train of thought was before the marshall trade, and I have been too busy to really put together a gameplan in my mind for adressing WR now, since it's also a need.

Imo the order the needs go as follows..
1. quarterback
2. LG, RG, or RT
3. WR
4.edge rusher
5. safety
6. corner

even though I have them that way, I keep coming back to luke keuchly at 8. an obvious upgrade at ILB IMO, problem is hes not an immediate need. but I tend to agree with BPA on your big board, whether it's a need or not. we need good football players on this team.

ryanosaur2000
03-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Something like this (this is likely to change at some)

1st. Tannehill (QB) if still on the board or Ingram (DE). Reason: they are both positions of need
2nd. Weedon (QB) if we don't get Tannehill or Jeffrey (WR) Reason: Our WR corps is far from impressive as it stands
3rd. The best offensive tackle available (Sander/Massie?) and a TE (Charles or Allen maybe) Reason: We need to upgrade our RT and TE spots
4th. S (Iloka) or OT/OG (Mosley/Kelemete?) Reason: Depth and attempt to find the answer at RG.

ITS!MATEO
03-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Oline and Wr are a big issue for me this year, but honestly every year Oline is my issue. :rolleyes2:

The facts are that this draft is deep with wideouts, so I could understand if we waited till the 2-3rd to take a few.

My ideal scenario would be a trade down, so it would have an extra 2nd and end up like this:

1. Floyd WR
2. OG/Ot Bpa
2. Suna WR
3. DE/Lb Bpa
3. OG/OT bpa

but more realistically:

1. DeCastro OG
2. DE/Lb Bpa
2. OT/OG Bpa
3. WR Bpa
3. TE Bpa

fishbanger
03-24-2012, 08:15 PM
If Tannehill is available
1 - Tannehill
2 - Pass rushing OLB/DE
3 - chris Givens
3 - Best RT

If Tannehill not available trade down
Later in first round. Draft Fleener
2. Best available QB
2. extra pick Best available OLB/DE
3. Best available WR
3 Best RT

iwastherein72
03-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I

i wanted fleener at 2, but he wont last that long, thinking we will need to trade up to about 20 to grab him.

more and more for me, i think if we take tannehill in at 8, we need to put a package together to come back and get fleener. he could be a real x factor. of course all of this train of thought was before the marshall trade, and I have been too busy to really put together a gameplan in my mind for adressing WR now, since it's also a need.

Imo the order the needs go as follows..
1. quarterback
2. LG, RG, or RT
3. WR
4.edge rusher
5. safety
6. corner

I am in the camp of draft Tannehill at #8 AND PACKAGE our picks to trade UP into the lower 1st round for Fleener, which will paper over our deficiencies at WR.

Then do whatever else ireland's corn-fed prototype lineman fetish desires.

We need PLAYMAKERS and future OFFENSIVE STARS. Linemen are everywhere.

Travis34
03-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Oline and Wr are a big issue for me this year, but honestly every year Oline is my issue. :rolleyes2:

The facts are that this draft is deep with wideouts, so I could understand if we waited till the 2-3rd to take a few.

My ideal scenario would be a trade down, so it would have an extra 2nd and end up like this:

1. Floyd WR
2. OG/Ot Bpa
2. Suna WR
3. DE/Lb Bpa
3. OG/OT bpa

but more realistically:

1. DeCastro OG
2. DE/Lb Bpa
2. OT/OG Bpa
3. WR Bpa
3. TE Bpa

I like your first list a lot, but sadly I believe your projected list is quite probably

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-24-2012, 08:48 PM
1.8 QB
2.10 WR
3.9 OL
3.10 DL
4.8 WR
5.10 OL
6.27 OL
7.8 DL

If they go WR first then i hope they QB in the second.

JWA
03-24-2012, 09:37 PM
1. Pass Rusher --- Would prefer Ingram over Coples
2. WR --- Maybe Sanu or Randle
3. OL or QB --- Mosley for T, Washington for G or Cousins for QB
4. WR or TE --- Adams for WR or Egnew for TE
5. S --- Janzen Jackson
6. OLB --- Danny Trevathan
7. DE --- Tyrone Crawford, Scott Solomom or Taylor Thompson. We could go DE earlier if Malik Jackson is there in RD4

Austin Tatious
03-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Here is a crack

1. Tannehill qb
2. Curry OLB/DE
3A. M Jones WR
3B. Givens WR
4. Schwartz OT

Zounds
03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
WR, RB, CB, QB, MLB, RT, KR/PR

I think people will be surprised when we don't draft a DE. I think we have the starting end positions on the roster already in Odrick and Wake.

Zounds
03-24-2012, 10:43 PM
I see people are overlooking RB and CB. We need a backup place for when Bush goes down (and he will), and we need a viable 3rd CB for when Coyle discovers Sean Smith can't play man coverage. We need to upgrade Sean Smith and Daniel Thomas.

Uruguayfinfan
03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
WR (If Blackmon available, or trade down and get Jones), else DE
QB
OL
TE
WR
LB
DL

Travis34
03-24-2012, 11:47 PM
I see people are overlooking RB and CB. We need a backup place for when Bush goes down (and he will), and we need a viable 3rd CB for when Coyle discovers Sean Smith can't play man coverage. We need to upgrade Sean Smith and Daniel Thomas.

Not as big of needs as other things. Thomas won't be a rookie, he should be better. At the beginning of the year he looked great. Messam may have potential as well. CB, well we need a nickle, but upgrading Smith at this point in time is just not needed

circumstances
03-25-2012, 12:39 AM
offesnive line is a bigger need than many of those we have two good ol men and a bunch of spare parts

i'd really love to get the line squared away, but with lydon murtha, john jerry, jake long, mike pouncey, richie incognito, artis hicks, nate garner, ryan cook, and ray fienga i think you have more pressing needs elsewhere.

dlockz
03-25-2012, 12:46 AM
i'd really love to get the line squared away, but with lydon murtha, john jerry, jake long, mike pouncey, richie incognito, artis hicks, nate garner, ryan cook, and ray fienga i think you have more pressing needs elsewhere.

You named two good linemen and a bunch fo guys that are either scrubs or havent done much. You forget we gave up 52 sacks last year and these guys were a big reason.

Strangeworld
03-25-2012, 12:51 AM
1) QB
2) QB
3) QB
4) QB
5) QB

Get a freaking QB dammit!

Tureo
03-25-2012, 12:54 AM
We obviously need WRs, QB, and a pass rusher. I would also pick up help at OL, TE, and CB.

mega-fin-love
03-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Not as big of needs as other things. Thomas won't be a rookie, he should be better. At the beginning of the year he looked great. Messam may have potential as well. CB, well we need a nickle, but upgrading Smith at this point in time is just not needed

While I do agree with Zounds about Bush getting hurt and Thomas not being very proven and also Smith not being the best....................your right.....we have bigger needs in my opinion. WR, pass rusher, and OL are the biggest needs, along with a QB depending on what Moore does this year

mega-fin-love
03-25-2012, 01:16 AM

1. Floyd WR
2. OG/Ot Bpa
2. Suna WR
3. DE/Lb Bpa
3. OG/OT bpa

but more realistically:

1. DeCastro OG
2. DE/Lb Bpa
2. OT/OG Bpa
3. WR Bpa
3. TE Bpa

I really like the first list......Not sure I would wait till the third for a pass rusher but I would def be happy with those picks