PDA

View Full Version : CP's Mock Draft

chrispepper
03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Free Agency
Sign Jake Scott G

Draft
--Trade-- Dolphins Trade 8th overall pick for 15th-20th overall pick and 2nd rounder.

1st Round - Ryan Tannehill QB, Texas A&M. - This selection is of course considering the fact that Tannehill could be selected by a team like Buffalo or Kansas City, sure the argument might be there that if Tannehill is your QB of the future you take him at 8 no matter what, but if you have the opportunity to accumulate more picks and still get your guy before cleveland's 2nd 1st rounder, then you have to do it.

2nd Round - Nick Perry/Vinny Curry DE, USC/Marshall - Whichever is available, the Dolphins need to address the Defensive end position and both of these guys present great value that can probably start right away.

2nd Round - Mohammed Sanu WR, Rutgers - Great Hands, Runs Great Routes, Physical at the LOS, provides tremendous Yards after the catch and any speed concerns were put to rest at the combine, making himself a perfect fit for Philbin's offense and should come in straight away and give the Dolphins some much needed reciever help.

3rd Round - Orson Charles TE, Georgia - In my opinion Tight end really isn't that much of a weakness with both Clay and Fasano, but Charles provides another weapon for Matt Moore (who I believe is pretty much the guaranteed starter even with Tannehill).

3rd Round - Chris Givens WR, Wake Forest - Another recieving threat for Miami and much like Sanu, Givens fits the mold of the type of reciever Philbin will be looking for, he may not be as physical as Sanu but his great hands and yards after the catch ensure he is another viable 'candidate' for the Philbin/West Coast Offense.

4th Round - Bruce Irvin DE/OLB, West Virginia - Irvin is a steal in the 4th rounder, and would be another guy to add to the Defensive end rotation along with the DE drafted earlier. My only concern with this pick is Irvin is pretty much, strictly an Outside linebacker in a 3-4, so I have no idea how he would transition to the 4-3. We could possibly use him like the Broncos use Von Miller, but this is all speculation at this point.

5th Round - Ryan Broyles WR, Oklahoma - If this guy hadn't torn his ACL this past season, he'd be a sure-fire second round pick. Before the injury, Broyles displayed great hands and route running ability and should be considered a steal this late in the draft.

6th Round - Desmond Wynn G, Rutgers

7th Round - Delvin Johnson NT, Marshall.

Post-Draft
Cut David Garrard, at this point the only purpose he's serving is stealing reps from Tannehill, and this also saves us 3mill in cap space.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I would be very happy if this happened. That being said I don't see Perry fallin to our second and I don't see tannehill fallin out of the top 10

sinPHIN
03-25-2012, 01:59 PM
nice draft. i think someone will take a chance on broyles in the 2nd or 3rd even with the injury. more likly 3rd imo

Mage_Phin
03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I would love this, but it doesn't seem very realistic.

chrispepper
03-25-2012, 03:25 PM
No doubt some of the players will probably not be there at those picks, the main point of this mock was trade down, still draft tannehill and then stack up on weapons in rounds 2-5..

I dont think many of the selections are that unrealistic, sanu may be taken slightly higher but he's definitley got a 2nd round grade, broyles will probably be taken earlier but there really is no telling how teams grade him considering hes not going to be able to work out before the draft..

There are 3 teams I would be concerned about when trading down with the intention of drafting tannehill... The bills, The chiefs and The browns possibly jumping ahead of the fins or taking him at 4, if the latter is the case then it doesn't really matter anyway.

finfan54
03-25-2012, 03:43 PM
draftek has a very good mock draft for us right now, but I have seen one of their mocks with us a week or so ago saying we get Nick Perry in a steal at 41. Now they have us with Andre Branch.

The Confessor
03-25-2012, 03:53 PM
With all due respect, Broyles is the only guy on that list I would touch. If we were able to get him that late, that is a HUGE addition!!!

chrispepper
03-25-2012, 04:26 PM
With all due respect, Broyles is the only guy on that list I would touch. If we were able to get him that late, that is a HUGE addition!!!

You don't like Sanu?

The Confessor
03-25-2012, 04:33 PM
You don't like Sanu?

Lukewarm depending. I think that is much too high for him. will be better talent there at that pick IMVHO.

I do think we will pick 3 WR's in the first 5 rounds. Guess he could certainly be one of them

state06
03-25-2012, 05:19 PM
nice draft. If Broyles isnt there in 5th, which i dont think he will be, Wylie could be a guy to look after, although i dont see us drafting 3 WR. One should be a safety, OL OLB depth, etc. I really like SAnu and Givins both for the WC offense. I want a franchise QB as bad as the next, but i wouldnt be opposed to trading down for Wright in rd one and taking Sanu/Givins in the 2nd/3rd. Next years crop of QBs look good with Barkley, Bray, Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson all carrying high grades going into the season.

phinfan33
03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
nice draft. If Broyles isnt there in 5th, which i dont think he will be, Wylie could be a guy to look after, although i dont see us drafting 3 WR. One should be a safety, OL OLB depth, etc. I really like SAnu and Givins both for the WC offense. I want a franchise QB as bad as the next, but i wouldnt be opposed to trading down for Wright in rd one and taking Sanu/Givins in the 2nd/3rd. Next years crop of QBs look good with Barkley, Bray, Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson all carrying high grades going into the season.Don't forget Aaron Murray of Georgia as well.

miamb113
03-25-2012, 11:13 PM
I really like broyles and would love to land him. I think I read somewhere that mike Sherman really likes him too.

dailejav10
03-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I really like in no particular order:

AJ Jenkins
Chris Givens
Marvin Jones
Marvin McNutt
TY Hilton
Devon Wylie