PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Moore?

dolphinsbshaw72
03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
just wanted thoughts on this guy.. i like his highlights.. think he will translate well to the nfl?http://youtu.be/O3-nlyKJlp4

Kdawg954
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Thing with Kellen Moore is, you would have to accept that he'll never be an elite NFL QB because he lacks the physical ability. He has an extremely weak arm.

That being said, if there was a system he could succeed in, it is a WCO. He has a fast release and great anticipation and off the chart intangibles. If you need a guy to come in for an injured QB and have confidence that he could run your offense successfully . . . Kellen Moore could do it. I could see him being a decent backup and maybe even a spot starter . . . but nothing long term. Teams would eventually do like the Ravens did Chad Pennington. Crowd the 10 yard box and force the QB to beat you with his arm.

A team like the Dolphins need to develop an "answer" at the QB position before they can add a guy like Moore.

Canadi-Phin
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
He is a tiny little guy, first real hit and he's dead. Like Pat White. Guys on sirius nfl couldn't believe how small he was. No thanks.

Mudder1310
03-26-2012, 02:39 PM
He's Colt McCoy. Is that good enough? It hasn't been in Cleveland. Even in the WCO you need better arm strength than Moore can offer. If we could bring him in as an UDFA I'd check it out, but not worth a draft pick in a deep draft.

Pat-London
03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Is he another Brees type?.... same sort of report with him coming out of college, intelligence-intangibles etc., though he was slightly bigger - but people still though undersized.

Take him say 5th round, sit him at no 3 for 4 years or so... let him develop, physically as well as mentally, then see what you got in 4 years time. Either way... if you get down to your 3rd... you're probably not in a good position anyway and liable to go out and get a Garrard type... and if not... then you know you've got an intelligent QB running your scout team.

foozool13
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Id be suprised if this guys gets drafted before the 6th round. His arm strength is very weak and just doesnt have to size to take hits in the NFL long term. He is also to short for the position and dont tell me Drew Brees is short too. That doesnt matter. Brees is the exception and not the rule.

Pat-London
03-26-2012, 04:25 PM
He is also to short for the position and dont tell me Drew Brees is short too. That doesnt matter. Brees is the exception and not the rule.

but ofcourse...there's always one 6' that is the exception amongst all the 6' ers out there... :)

Roman529
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Kellen Moore = noodle arm...Chad Pennigton on his worst day threw harder than Moore.

LANGER72
03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Bring him in as a free agent. Let him compete in camp.

dolphinsbshaw72
03-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Look at his highlights... The boys arm strength is fine.. Above average in my eye's.. Not elite but will get the job done..

PSU Cane
03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Look at his highlights... The boys arm strength is fine.. Above average in my eye's.. Not elite but will get the job done..

Not even close. His arm is weak for NFL standards. Think Ken Dorsey....all the offensive knowledge in the world but lacked any kind of arm strength to play in the NFL.

Mudder1310
03-26-2012, 08:39 PM
He'll end up a great QB coach.

jonanthans
03-26-2012, 09:44 PM
He has all the smarts and leadership qualities that you could ever want in an NFL Qb. But if you can't make the deep throws you will never win big in the NFL. No problem signing him as an undrafted free agent or even using a 7th rounder on him, but he will be a career backup at best.

DKphin
03-27-2012, 02:38 AM
BSU QBs, at least in recent yrs., always look attractive. CK is probably not going to like me saying this but I think it is applicable here: I think it is because of the system BSU employs more than who is at the helm of the offense. Brian Dinwiddie, Jared Zabransky, and others have put up big #'s in that system. Being 6-0 and not having a cannon for an arm, the odds are stacked against him. The difference between him and Drew Brees is arm strength. Despite being short, Brees consistently attacks down field. Not only does he have the arm strength, but is very accurate on his down field throws. Maybe, Moore is capable of living up to the standards he set in college, but right now I would not take him until the later rds.

LANGER72
03-28-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't like the idea of having 2 QB's named Moore on the same team. More Moore's is not always a good thing..