PDA

View Full Version : mock draft that will make us contenders this year.

miamb113
03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Rd1 8. Michael Floyd. He's just a beast and imo best wr in drsft.

I know a lot of people look at green bay and see they're number one WR and think well go smaller, but I don't think so. Take a look at mike shermans offense at a&m he had a 6'4 guy as his number one.

*Trade 2013 1st round, 2012 2nd round, 2012 5th to Bengals for 21 overall*
Rd1 21. Ryan Tannehill. Come back in the round before Bengals division rivals get our franchise qb.

Rd3. Chris givens. Great route runner fits philbins scheme.
Rd3. Bruce irvin
Rd4. Orson Charles

Now if our draft looks anything like this thru 4 rounds well be competing this year.

DKphin
03-26-2012, 07:54 PM
I think that is a little much for Tanneyhill. I like Floyd as a player, but not so much as a person. Irvin and Charles are good picks.

finfan54
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
It seems to me, that you, and many many others are stuck on having to someway get Floyd or Blackmon. Its always about the big name WR every year.

Ireland will not go like this. He would never give up next years #1 and other picks for Tannehill when he can get him right at 8 giving up nothing, or trading down a few spots and still getting him. Ireland adds value, not give it up.

ps. brandon marshall was not value. he was a headache, particularly for our new HC.

Ireland will be looking at WR's in middle rounds. DE is absolutely needed and we will draft one and it will come in rd. 2 or 3. He will follow his board vertically, and horizontally in finding the right players for his new HC.

Floyd has a past with alcohol. I know Ireland likes him as a talent, but they wont draft people with past discretions IMO. Too much is riding on Philbins early success and they wont go for players with troubled pasts.

Roman529
03-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Wait a second????.....you want us to trade next year's 1st round pick (in 2013) to Cincy for their 21st this year? And then throw in a 2nd and 5th rounder???? C'mon man....that's the craziest idea I have heard of. Who is to say Tannehill would even be around with the 21st that we are giving up all these picks for. Wouldn't it be easier to trade down this year and get our franchise QB and #1 WR in return? We could probably drop down to #15 and get either Tannehill or Floyd, or a WR like Sanu early in the 2nd who I think is just as good as Floyd.

footsteps_falco
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
It seems to me, that you, and many many others are stuck on having to someway get Floyd or Blackmon. Its always about the big name WR every year.

Ireland will not go like this. He would never give up next years #1 and other picks for Tannehill when he can get him right at 8 giving up nothing, or trading down a few spots and still getting him. Ireland adds value, not give it up.

ps. brandon marshall was not value. he was a headache, particularly for our new HC.

Ireland will be looking at WR's in middle rounds. DE is absolutely needed and we will draft one and it will come in rd. 2 or 3. He will follow his board vertically, and horizontally in finding the right players for his new HC.

Floyd has a past with alcohol. I know Ireland likes him as a talent, but they wont draft people with past discretions IMO. Too much is riding on Philbins early success and they wont go for players with troubled pasts.

2008:
1.traded down 2 spots in round 3 for Langford, got an extra 6th
2. traded up 5 spots in round 4 for shawn murphy, gave up a their 4th and 7th

2009:
1. traded down 2 spots in round 2 for Sean smith, got an extra 5th

2010:
1. traded down 16 spots in round 1 for Jared Odrick, got an extra 2nd and Tim Dobbins
2. traded up 11 spots in round 5 for Reshad Jones, gave up their 5th and 7th

2011:
1. traded up 17 spots for Daniel Thomas, gave up 3rd 5th and 7th total

Not saying you are wrong or right, about value, especially since he claims that, but i think Ireland has shown he doesnt use the BPA approach or a need approach, he targets players he likes and moves around to get them, whether up or down. if he likes tannehill he would move around to get him, whether a trade down, or a trade up, hes proven hell do both equally.

sinPHIN
03-26-2012, 11:03 PM
im not ok giving up a first for next year. but i like your draft. hopefully we could figure out how to get back into the first for tannehill without giving up 1. love the givens pick. will he last to the third tho?

miamb113
03-26-2012, 11:37 PM
im not ok giving up a first for next year. but i like your draft. hopefully we could figure out how to get back into the first for tannehill without giving up 1. love the givens pick. will he last to the third tho?

I know I wouldn't want to give up a first next year either, but im not sure what it will take to get back in the first. For some reason I have a weird feeling about Tannehill I think he will be really good so hopefully we can land him. Givens would be huge for us in the third