PDA

View Full Version : My as-close-to-realistic-as-I-could-get Mock Draft

jonanthans
03-26-2012, 10:49 PM
The most realistic draft I could come up with, I have been working on this for over a week. I am assuming Cleveland takes Tanneyhill, otherwise I would have had us taking him at the #8 spot, even though Im not a fan of him.

1st - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - Yeah, I know, not a sexy pick, but a very good player to finally halt the turnstile at RT. With Jake Long on the other side, we have our O-Line ready to protect whomever we put under center.

2nd - Rueben Randle, WR, LSU - One of the most underrated players in this draft, Randle may be the best WR fit for the West Coast Offense. Great hands, good size and runs excellent routes. The #1 WR prospect in the nation coming out of HS, he unfortunately was stuck with Jordan Jefferson as his Qb for most of his career.

3rd - Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia - Solid pick to solidify the DE position, Cam has a great initial burst on the snap. Tough kid who doesnt take plays off.

3rd - LaDarius Green, TE, ULL - At 6'6" and 240lbs, Green probably needs to put on a few pounds to be used as a blocker. However, his 4.5 speed makes him a mismatch for Lbs to cover, and he could be Philbins version of Jermichael Finley.

4th - Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT, Baylor - A 340lb bulldozer, Jean-Baptiste is close to unblockable in the middle and creates havoc on every play. Would be a great pickup at this spot.

5th - Dominique Davis, QB, East Carolina - Of all the Qbs after the big 4 (Luck, RG3, Tanneyhill and Weeden), Davis could be the best of the rest. With good size and good mobility, he is a project Qb that may be hard to pass up here.

6th - T.J. Graham, WR, NC State - This is a poor-mans Randall Cobb. Very quick, excellent route runner and also a very good return man.

7th - Jermarcus Hardrick, OT/OG, Nebraska - 6'7", 320lbs, simply a depth pick.

Bash away.....

jonanthans
03-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Wow, left you guys breathless huh??!!!!!!

100+ views and no comments??

I think I just set a record on Finheaven...

SF Dolphin Fan
03-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Lots of talent there. I think your draft does a great job addressing two primary need areas - offensive line and wide receiver. I think Reiff is very solid and, if Tannehill is gone, that could be a possibility although I would think Miami would be looking middle rounds to fix the offensive line. Randle would be a nice fit in this offense as could Ladarius Green. I would like this draft a lot more if quarterback wasn't such a big need.

Roman529
03-27-2012, 11:28 PM
1. Reilly Reiff - yes, he is a fine player who should have a long career, but I can't see us taking an O-lineman with the 8th overall pick. I still think we will take TANNEHILL at 8, and I can't see the Browns passing on Blackmon,,,,the Browns need to give McCoy another year with a WR like Blackmon before giving up on him.

2. Randle - Great pick.
3. Cam Johnson - Meets a need, especially with JT retiring.
3b. LaDarius Green - YES, definitely am hoping to get this TE. He is a nice huge target, great hands.
4. I would take an O-lineman over Baptiste, and instead of taking Riley Reiff in the 1st. Someone like Tony Bergstrom of Utah to play RG or RT.
5. I would pick BJ Coleman at QB over Dominique Davis if we take a QB in the 5th round.
6-7th round....BPA's.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-27-2012, 11:37 PM
I can see it happening and I wouldnt be mad but I really dont want to draft a RT in the first.

TheBow305
03-28-2012, 01:46 AM
Not my favorite, especially when the only QB you have us taking is in the 5th round, and a HUGE project at that.

Ricky4Life
03-28-2012, 02:09 AM
I have a feeling we will address QB earlier in the draft. If not Tannehill I think it will be Cousins.

miamb113
03-28-2012, 03:28 AM
Bro Miami is absolutely NOT taking a tackle at 8. Have you not witnessed this offseason?? If we get a tackle at 8 ill personally go down to sun life stadium and kick Jeff Ireland in the nuts.

Pitbull13
03-28-2012, 05:20 AM
1. Reilly Reiff - yes, he is a fine player who should have a long career, but I can't see us taking an O-lineman with the 8th overall pick. I still think we will take TANNEHILL at 8, and I can't see the Browns passing on Blackmon,,,,the Browns need to give McCoy another year with a WR like Blackmon before giving up on him.

2. Randle - Great pick.
3. Cam Johnson - Meets a need, especially with JT retiring.
3b. LaDarius Green - YES, definitely am hoping to get this TE. He is a nice huge target, great hands.
4. I would take an O-lineman over Baptiste, and instead of taking Riley Reiff in the 1st. Someone like Tony Bergstrom of Utah to play RG or RT.
5. I would pick BJ Coleman at QB over Dominique Davis if we take a QB in the 5th round.
6-7th round....BPA's.

Much better!!!

JRYCRL
03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
I like both yours and Roman529's draft BUT I'd really like to trade back to middle of first and swing another late 2nd or 3rd if we can. We need players.

Unfortunately, we have the GM we have and I'll expect the absolute, worse case scenario. The WORST! The off-season has been as embarassing as watching us start out as bad as we did last season.

MarshallFin1
03-28-2012, 08:33 AM
I like both yours and Roman529's draft BUT I'd really like to trade back to middle of first and swing another late 2nd or 3rd if we can. We need players.

Unfortunately, we have the GM we have and I'll expect the absolute, worse case scenario. The WORST! The off-season has been as embarassing as watching us start out as bad as we did last season.

would be the worst draft ever if we did this. If we plan on taking lineman we better trade and get more picks or else its a waste. I think its safe to say we are taking a lineman since philbin is not down with taking big name receivers or running backs. I would also not rule out richardson because philbin has said he is going to pound that rock even with a west coach offense which i agree with.

jonanthans
03-28-2012, 01:39 PM
I didn't want to take an OLineman with the #8th overall, but I drafted as realistic as I think it's going to shape up, and also as I stated that at the time I still think Cleveland is taking Tanneyhill. Assuming Blackmon and Mo Claiborne are gone, and I'm pretty sure we aren't taking Trent Richardson, that leaves OL as our biggest need (not counting Qb, but theres none left worth a top 10 selection). And actually, Id prefer taking a stud instead of waiting and drafting another project OL.

ChambersWI
03-28-2012, 01:44 PM
outside of Reiff it's a pretty nice draft. Not a huge Dominique Davis fan, but no complaints.

arammell
03-29-2012, 01:34 AM
would be the worst draft ever if we did this. If we plan on taking lineman we better trade and get more picks or else its a waste. I think its safe to say we are taking a lineman since philbin is not down with taking big name receivers or running backs. I would also not rule out richardson because philbin has said he is going to pound that rock even with a west coach offense which i agree with.

I think there is zero chance we take a RB with all the holes we MUST fill. I want Michael Floyd in the first!

Roman529
03-29-2012, 01:59 AM

What worries me is someone like the Cowboys maybe deciding they want to move up to get Tannehill to groom him to take over for Tony Romo....the folks in Dallas would love a QB from Texas A&M, and I have a feeling someone might move up ahead of us to grab him. Jerry Jones would. I would probably try to trade down if Tannehill comes off the board and try to get an extra second rounder. I think we would then go after Weeden or Cousins in late first or early second.

normaniii
03-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Reiff IMO is not a good fit for a zone blocking scheme. IMO FO will go:-

1-DeCastro - will start day 1 and is solid if not spectacular pick, which Ireland loves.
2-M.Sanu. IMO would be a 1st round pick if not for 40, but he has best hands in draft, quick and physical off line and runs crisp routes......perfect for WCO.
3-K.Cousins - we will draft a QB, but as ever I cant see Ireland reaching for one. After top 3 Cousins fits WCO better than anybody.

normaniii
03-29-2012, 04:29 AM

1-DeCastro - will start day 1 and is solid if not spectacular pick, which Ireland loves.
2-M.Sanu. IMO would be a 1st round pick if not for 40, but he has best hands in draft, quick and physical off line and runs crisp routes......perfect for WCO.
3-K.Cousins - we will draft a QB, but as ever I cant see Ireland reaching for one. After top 3 Cousins fits WCO better than anybody.

jonanthans
04-01-2012, 10:56 PM

I would be fine with DeCastro, he is a stud and will almost surely be there at the #8 slot. Going to need a solid line to protect our forst round Qb from the 2013 draft :)