PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Jones or Devier Posey in Round 3

foozool13
03-27-2012, 01:07 PM
We better grab one of these guys in Round 3. Id rather have Devier Posey, but wouldnt be also very happy with Marvin Jones. Both are ideal in a West Coast Offense. Posey is a GREAT route runner, but a littel shy catching in the middle of the field. He had some major off-field issues with boosters which could drop in into round 4 or 5, but the talent is justified in round 3. Jones is also a good route runner and great quick twitch muscles. I really like the fact that we have back-to-back picks in round 3.

hooshoops
03-27-2012, 01:09 PM
i'm scared to death these guys are gonna take posey...in this round even...scared to death

poseys not even on my board...

foozool13
03-27-2012, 01:16 PM
i'm scared to death these guys are gonna take posey...in this round even...scared to death

That is interesting to hear. Why did you take him off? I havnt seen a whole lot of video on the guy, but he is talented. Just wondering why you feel this way?

Mudder1310
03-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Jones. He made cover guys look silly at the senior bowl. Runs great routes, gets separation, great hands, team leader.

X-Pacolypse
03-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Rather take Marvin Jones and Joe Adams with those two third round picks.

foozool13
03-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Rather take Marvin Jones and Joe Adams with those two third round picks.

Joe Adams has a very small frame. The guy would be getting concussions left and right. Plues I think he would be available in later rounds like 5 to 6.

datruth55
03-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd rather take Chris Givens but I sure as heck don't want Posey. Did Jim Tressel ever develop a WR worth a crap in the NFL?

X-Pacolypse
03-27-2012, 03:03 PM
I'd rather take Chris Givens but I sure as heck don't want Posey. Did Jim Tressel ever develop a WR worth a crap in the NFL?

Brian Hartline? Even that's a stretch.

datruth55
03-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Brian Hartline? Even that's a stretch.
1 TD in the last 26 games....huge stretch.

hooshoops
03-27-2012, 03:16 PM
1 TD in the last 26 games....huge stretch.

only on here do people think brian hartlines a solid starting wr...all i ever see is how much longer do i have to wait til we upgrade him

Dogbone34
03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
still on the fence for posey. could be some potential there.

I think Miami will take a good look at Floyd in the 1st.

DKphin
03-27-2012, 04:01 PM
I would rather draft Devon Wylie

PSU Cane
03-27-2012, 11:26 PM

Agreed....he's not on my board either. I think he has some good quicks and has potential to run great routes, but he seems to have too many red flags from suspensions to work ethic and attitude....and has had some issues with drops.

I really like Marvin Jones. In every draft scenario i've been working on, i have us targeting him in the 3rd.

hooshoops
03-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Agreed....he's not on my board either. I think he has some good quicks and has potential to run great routes, but he seems to have too many red flags from suspensions to work ethic and attitude....and has had some issues with drops.

I really like Marvin Jones. In every draft scenario i've been working on, i have us targeting him in the 3rd.

the thing about marvin jones is when i watched cal he never popped off the screen for me...first time he showed me anything that got me excited about him was the senior bowl week and then the combine...i thought he showed well at both...but i should see some things from you at cal that validate the postseason work and i didn't

PSU Cane
03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
the thing about marvin jones is when i watched cal he never popped off the screen for me...first time he showed me anything that got me excited about him was the senior bowl week and then the combine...i thought he showed well at both...but i should see some things from you at cal that validate the postseason work and i didn't

That's true, but he was always playing second fiddle to a much more talented (1st round talent) Keenan Allen, who was the obvious target for Maynard with 98 receptions on the season. But 62 for 846 isn't bad for a guy who was the 2nd option....and he did show well at the senior bowl. But given that he looks good and not great is why i only out a 3rd round grade on him at this point. He seems to be a good fit for the WCO though b/c of his route running abilities.

Austin Tatious
03-28-2012, 02:47 PM
I like Chris Givens and Marvin Jones alot. I haven't studied Posey lately but I sure was unimpressed watching him at O$U in real time. Very pedestrian player with a low ceiling and very little upside IMO.

Austin Tatious
03-28-2012, 02:57 PM
He seems to be a good fit for the WCO though b/c of his route running abilities.

I agree 100%. Jones has good size and good potential. I have a feeling Philbin will like him because of his route running. I could see him as a real possibility with one of the two 3rd round picks for Miami. I prefer Givens to Jones, but I am not sure Givens drops to the third round. I'd love to get both but that seems unlikely.