PDA

View Full Version : Rams are looking to trade up with Cleveland

datruth55
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Looks like that Rams may be worried that Cleveland is going to take Blackmon at #4. If they do make the trade the likelihood of Cleveland taking Tannehill could go up. Also some talk about teams inquiring about Bradford.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827ec552/article/fisher-open-to-trading-up-fielded-calls-about-bradford?module=HP11_headline_stack

Wildbill3
03-28-2012, 09:02 PM
whatever it ain't gonna happen. NOt unless the browns can really screw over fisher. I mean Fisher Cost them RGIII, I think they'd be more than happy to screw over fisher.

datruth55
03-28-2012, 09:23 PM
whatever it ain't gonna happen. NOt unless the browns can really screw over fisher. I mean Fisher Cost them RGIII, I think they'd be more than happy to screw over fisher.
I was thinking the same thing when I was reading the story and it also makes mention of Holmgren being BLOCKED in the trade by the Rams because they have a relationship with Shanahan.

From what was reported Cleveland made the same offer to the Rams to move up to #2 and the Rams took Washington's offer instead. So not only do they get a worse spot but they also traded within the conference....smart move by Fisher, lol. Now he wants to use some of those picks to move back up...if I'm Cleveland I make them pay with at least one of the 1st round picks from 2013 or 2014. They got a kings ransom from Washington to move up 4 spots they should pay half that much to move up 2 spots, lol.

J. David Wannyheimer
03-28-2012, 09:57 PM

Possible, but I think Holmgren, if he can get a good deal for #4 and thinks it's advantageous for his football team, will take it. Holmgren really doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will screw himself and his team over for some minor revenge.

datruth55
03-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Possible, but I think Holmgren, if he can get a good deal for #4 and thinks it's advantageous for his football team, will take it. Holmgren really doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will screw himself and his team over for some minor revenge.
I think it would depend on what Holmgren thinks of Blackmon. If he thinks Blackmon can help that offense more than say...Trent Richardson or Ryan Tannehill, then I think Holmgren stays where he's at, if not I think they'll make the trade. They could certainly use Blackmon and/or Richardson to win games this year. Tannehill is more of a project and he still wouldn't have any talent around him if he took him. That offense is awful and they have less playmakers and talent on offense than we do...as hard as that is to imagine.

finfan54
03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
i dont buy into that notion that the rams screwed over the br0wns. in case you put your trust in jason laconfora. why would the rams be talking to cleveland about trading after they suppossedly just screwed them over? I dont buy that. browns hesitated and balked. Homlgren didnt want to commit to rg3.

Wildbill3
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
i dont buy into that notion that the rams screwed over the br0wns. in case you put your trust in jason laconfora. why would the rams be talking to cleveland about trading after they suppossedly just screwed them over? I dont buy that. browns hesitated and balked. Homlgren didnt want to commit to rg3.I'm not one to pull the "source" card, but in this case I can assure you the browns were pissed that the redskins got that pick.

ckparrothead
03-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Holmgren has actually gone on public record with that, it's not some inside rumor from inside the building. It's words Holmgren said to reporters.

finfan54
03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm not one to pull the "source" card, but in this case I can assure you the browns were pissed that the redskins got that pick.

Here is how i see it going down.

St louis puts #2 on sale
St louis says teams have spoken to them mainly browns, skins, fins
next day or two, no real action but reports said browns eerily not budging/showing signs of not being committed and dolphins say too much to give up
we hear cleveland calls in at last moment but deal done with skins.

HE WHO HESITATES IS LOST

not saying cleveland is lost, but they hesitated for sure. I read articles where it stated Holmgren likes to committ to one guy and give them all the reps. I see Holmgren not wanting to committ or give up his #22.

finfan54
03-29-2012, 04:20 PM
And Holmgren can say anything he wants to after the fact. Its called CYA

and to think that st louis would rather have next years #1 instead of #22? Na, they wanted clevelands picks. Cleveland wasnt buying in. at least when it counted.