PDA

View Full Version : Some draft questions

McMichael
03-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Since I don't really follow college football at all and never watched the players play, I was wondering if someone on this forum could answer a few questions:

With all the hype Brian Quick is getting lately, do you think he will be there early in the 2'nd round with the dolphins 2'nd pick?

Also does anyone who watched notre dame games think michael floyd would be a good pick at #8 ?? The more highlights I watch of him, the more I want us to draft him at #8... If we don't get him maybe we could trade up into the late first round and get Quick?

SF Dolphin Fan
03-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Floyd is definitely worth the #8 pick in my opinion. I think he could turn out to be a superstar in the NFL. As far as Quick goes, I think probably late 2nd/early 3rd.

datruth55
03-28-2012, 11:28 PM
I don't know that Quick goes that high. He has great size and all but he's not a blazer, he ran 4.55 at the combine...which is excellent for his size but he played against Div I-AA comp (or FCS whatever you want to call it) and only had 42 recptions for 741 yards and 7 TDs. A guy that size should've dominated lower level competition. I think too many of you put way too much stock in a guys measurables and not enough on his production...and you have to wonder why he was more productive as a junior.

JCane
03-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Not a fan of reaching for Floyd at the #8 spot.

Much rather target TY Hilton/Joe Adams in the third round.

footsteps_falco
03-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Floyd could be really good in this league.. up there in the likes of AJ green, Blackmon, Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks, Crabtree(if even) group. There's definitely a lot of different skill-sets among the group I just mentioned, and most haven't peaked yet, but in general, that is the up and coming young group in the league right now and Floyd's play at Notre Dame makes the case that he could be in the vicinity of that group.

With all that said, I think a Riley Reiff or David DeCastro would be such a huge addition with some later round wideouts. I mean either way we need both, but a great offensive line lets a guy like matt moore do more with less, rather then a floydd with crap protection... we saw moore struggly with marshall and no protection this year, i've no desire to see that again

fishbanger
03-29-2012, 12:45 AM
1st round pick will be one of these 3: QB, TE (in a trade down), or Pass rusher.

Uruguayfinfan
03-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Not a fan of reaching for Floyd at the #8 spot.

Much rather target TY Hilton/Joe Adams in the third round.

your sig stops being funny when you know it's from a blind kid playing football. I can only hope we can draft someone with that kind of heart, will and determination to play :)

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 08:45 AM
i wouldn't touch brian quick in the 2nd round...raw...very raw...don't think i'd touch him in the 3rd either...another small school kid who you're gonna have to wait a while to see results on

ROADRUNNER
03-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Tannehill or DeCastro at #8..........