PDA

View Full Version : JAX want to trade down from #7, Jags GM also says lots of interest in Tannehill

Pinkboy
03-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Not a big Tannehill fan, and not sure if Miami is even serious about him. But it appears JAX is throwing it out that they'd have no problem moving down from No. 7..

"According to the Florida Times-Union, Jaguars general manager Gene Smith would gladly entertain offers for their seventh-overall selection. "I know there's a lot of interest in Tannehill," he said. "

It also could be a ploy to mess with Miami's head(s).

BassFin
03-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Tell him Rick Spielman is in Minnesota now. He's the GM that loves to trade up one spot.

I just don't see the Fins moving up for Tannehill. There are too many Needs for them to be giving away picks for a 2 year project. They may even pass on him at 8.

Fin Thirteen
03-29-2012, 07:23 AM
No way we bite on that rancid bait.

Zounds
03-29-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm not sure I believe there is a lot of interest in trading up to #7 for Tannehill. I think many believe he is not worth the #7 overall pick, let alone the multiple picks it would take to trade up an get him. Also, are there any other teams really looking to take a QB that high? Maybe KC, but its not like they are desperate. I would only hope that someone drafts Tannehill before #8 so that one of the elite players falls to us, but I dont think its happens.

ROADRUNNER
03-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Yes someone might move up to #7, but it's not for Tannehill people will just wait till he falls to them, if they do it's a big reach.
If we take him at #8 im fine with that even if people think that's to early too for him, but to trade up and get him....no

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 09:03 AM
he's just putting out bait...there's a lot of top 10 momentum with tannehill right now and he's just trying to stir the pot and draw up interest in the 3rd qb off the board...

Roman529
03-29-2012, 03:08 PM
If Tannehill is there at #7 I think we take him....if Not, then it is not the end of the world. We may have a great player drop down to us as a result of this. I also think we could end up trading down and getting an extra second rounder.

finfan54
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
right now, st louis is talking with cleveland about trading back to four in order to get blackmon but I think alot of it is to get information as to who they really want. This is how alot of this works. You talk trade only find out something then back away, now jax wants to play.

Stay at 8. draft tannehill. If he is gone, oh well, someone just spent alot on tannehill who will not be ready to start day one.

ckparrothead
03-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Blood in the water. Was bound to happen. Tannehill coached by Mike Sherman in college, Miami passes up (and/or gets rejected by) Matt Flynn and Peyton Manning. Now Miami shows up with a heavy contingent to see Tannehill at his Pro Day, have dinner with him beforehand.

If there's one thing I hand to Jeff Ireland, it's not blinking in these types of staring contests. To a fault, really. I'm just not terribly convinced that Tannehill won't be there at #8 overall.

TheWalrus
03-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Blood in the water. Was bound to happen. Tannehill coached by Mike Sherman in college, Miami passes up (and/or gets rejected by) Matt Flynn and Peyton Manning. Now Miami shows up with a heavy contingent to see Tannehill at his Pro Day, have dinner with him beforehand.

If there's one thing I hand to Jeff Ireland, it's not blinking in these types of staring contests. To a fault, really. I'm just not terribly convinced that Tannehill won't be there at #8 overall.

Agreed. I can't see another team besides Kansas City trading up, though. Should be interesting to monitor their interest in Tannehill.

finfan54
03-29-2012, 04:33 PM
buffalo may want to cover their azz a bit with that large contract dished to fitzpatrick. Particularly when you just convince super mario that they are in it to win a championship. Buffalo is the one that gets me thinking here because they are balls to the walls this year in FA where they are saying they are only a few pieces away. Well, if you look at fitzpatrick after that contract, I would say that is a large missing piece.

ckparrothead
03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't personally think anyone is trading up. I think if Cleveland doesn't do it, he's free to Miami at #8, and possibly beyond that if the Dolphins trade down.

Roman529
03-30-2012, 03:01 AM
To trade up to get Tannehill teams are going to have to likely give up their first rounder plus a second. Are teams going to do this to get Tannehill, when he probably is a year or two away from being ready? If he was a sure thing, I think teams would do it, but most teams cannot take this risk. The Eagles and KC are having a private workout with Tannehill....I think it would be interesting to see what the Phins would do if the Eagles offered their 15th and 45th for our 8th pick? .....they probably would make this same offer to Jacksonville at #7 if they think we will take him at 8, but I would just sit there and be patient.

Valandui
03-30-2012, 03:14 AM
To trade up to get Tannehill teams are going to have to likely give up their first rounder plus a second. Are teams going to do this to get Tannehill, when he probably is a year or two away from being ready? If he was a sure thing, I think teams would do it, but most teams cannot take this risk. The Eagles and KC are having a private workout with Tannehill....I think it would be interesting to see what the Phins would do if the Eagles offered their 15th and 45th for our 8th pick? .....they probably would make this same offer to Jacksonville at #7 if they think we will take him at 8, but I would just sit there and be patient.
Redskins did it for Griffin, who is two to three years away at least.

Pinkboy
03-30-2012, 05:58 AM
buffalo may want to cover their azz a bit with that large contract dished to fitzpatrick. Particularly when you just convince super mario that they are in it to win a championship. Buffalo is the one that gets me thinking here because they are balls to the walls this year in FA where they are saying they are only a few pieces away. Well, if you look at fitzpatrick after that contract, I would say that is a large missing piece.

the Bills structured that contract to where its easy for them to get out of. Its not nearly as binding as other contracts.

don't let the top number of the contract scare you.

finfan54
03-30-2012, 06:13 AM
the Bills structured that contract to where its easy for them to get out of. Its not nearly as binding as other contracts.

don't let the top number of the contract scare you.

its amazing how you are so positive with other teams. btw, can i call you bagface? nothing personal, its just that you like wearing a bag so....

finfan54
03-30-2012, 06:17 AM
I don't personally think anyone is trading up. I think if Cleveland doesn't do it, he's free to Miami at #8, and possibly beyond that if the Dolphins trade down.

yeah, whether tannehill is the guy or not, we should try to trade down anyways. i read seattle might look to get tannehill even though they just got flynn.

seriously? talk about screwing a guy.

I think when the dust settles, we stay at 8 and pick him.

Finfanforever
03-30-2012, 08:02 AM
BREAKING NEWS...EVERYBODY is interested in EVERYBODY but is telling NOTHING about their true intentions!