PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com-Tannehill puts on show at pro day

phinatic1399
03-29-2012, 02:05 PM
After his performance at the Texas A&M pro day on Thursday, I think thereís a very good chance that QB Ryan Tannehill can be a top pick in the NFL Draft in April.
The skillset that he showed was really, really good. He had an outstanding workout. He moves around well, heís got accuracy, heís got good velocity on the ball. Itís just going to be how people see him, as to where heís going to get drafted. He has excellent ability and skills. He put on a show today.
Tannehill threw 68 passes in a scripted workout coordinated by Chris Weinke, a former NFL QB who has been training Tannehill recently. A&M players Jeff Fuller and Cyrus Gray served as Tannehillís receivers.
Fifteen of his passes were on the goal line, and the rest were on the 30-yard line going downfield. He missed one long pass and had two drops; otherwise, he was perfect. He also ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds, running it just once.
As good as his performance was, it did take place ďagainst air,Ē so to speak. There were no defensive backs there; nobody was engaging receivers coming off the line. But he spins the ball well; it comes out of his hand quickly. He does all of the things you look for on the field. If he works at the off-the-field preparation, like I think he will, I think he has a chance to be a very good NFL quarterback.
Dolphins coach Joe Philbin, along with GM Jeff Ireland, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and a large contingent from the Cleveland Browns, including offensive coordinator Brad Childress, were among the personnel on hand from 21 teams. I think that everybody that was here, all of the coaches that were there, were pleased with what they saw.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/29/tannehill-runs-4-62-40-yard-dash-at-texas-am-pro-day/?module=HP11_headline_stack

ROADRUNNER
03-29-2012, 02:11 PM
What is he a dolphin now........draft forum.

DKphin
03-29-2012, 02:18 PM
It is his Pro Day. If he did not put on anything less than a show I would be worried. I think the tape is alot more telling.

Vertical Limit
03-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Well this is NFL.com's way of hyping him up.

Wishfishin
03-29-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm starting to think he won't get past Cleveland. Could be a huge stretch by them but then again, maybe not.

Ed Norton
03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
It's nice that he ran well that could be an asset but him going out and throwing in his backyard with his friends isn't the same as when big, fat Rex is sending blitzes at him.

72 silky
03-29-2012, 04:25 PM
It is his Pro Day. If he did not put on anything less than a show I would be worried. I think the tape is alot more telling. what tape are you watching? And where can I see this "tape"

LikeUntoGod
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Was it a puppet show?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

P.S. Sparano is gone, suck it up and get a new ID.