PDA

View Full Version : McShay thinks Browns better fit than Phins for Tannehill/ Kiper disagrees

NYPhin24
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

"I would say the Browns, because they are a better team," McShay said when asked which team was a better fit for Tannehill. "They have better parts around the quarterback position. Miami, I'm not sure what the plan is when I look at the Miami organization. While they have Matt Moore (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11128/matt-moore) and they brought in [David] Garrard, I just don't know if you want to bring in a young quarterback with everything else that’s going on in Miami."

"Fellow ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. disagreed."

"I can see Cleveland taking [Tannehill], but I disagree with them being the best fit," Kiper said. "I think it's Miami. When you have [offensive coordinator] Mike Sherman there, you have familiarity, and there's some personnel. I think you're [McShay] underrating that personnel base a little bit. Granted they have to do some work in the draft, no question about that."

"We're siding with Kiper on this one."

"The Browns can't run, can't catch and can’t throw on offense. Miami lost some pieces this offseason (Brandon Marshall (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28056/brandon-marshall)) but still has its 1,000-yard rusher in Reggie Bush (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9588/reggie-bush) and a pair of capable -- but not great -- receivers in Brian Hartline (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12568/brian-hartline) and Davone Bess (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11678/davone-bess). Plus, Sherman coached Tannehill in college, runs the same system, and knows the quarterback inside and out."

not even mentioning the Browns defense is not even close to the Phins

McShay is lost if he think the Browns or better (im sure the pescimists on here will reference the Browns beating the Phins while Henne was starting)

however the even bigger surprise comes from James Walker the AFC East Espn blogger

"As far as the Browns being a better team, I ranked both very low (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/40093/afc-east-power-rankings-analysis-5) on ESPN.com's Power Rankings. Miami was No. 31 and Cleveland was No. 32 on my ballot."

not sure who is more clueless McShay or Walker, not saying the Phins will be a power house but ranking them No. 31 when last season after starting 0-7 still finished ranked higher than that

datruth55
03-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't know what the heck McShay thinks some times. I think he's still butt hurt that Jake Long turned out to be an all-pro LT and not a RT like he predicted. We have more talent on offense even without Brandon Marshall than the Browns do.

Kdawg954
03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Cleveland has a good OLine, but when you have worse pieces than the Dolphins at your skill positions on offense, that is a pretty remarkable accomplishment. Plus defensively Miami is stronger. It is crazy how Miami loses one piece and people take them from a dangerous team towards the end of the season . . . a team not to be overlooked . . . to a team that is last in the league? What sense does that really make?

McShay is arguably the worst draft person out there, he's a ****y little **** who wants to be so much better than Kiper but will never be able to hold Mel's hair grease, let alone be a better draft expert.

Danny
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
here we go again. No need to get all worked out over what ANY of these guys say about one thing all the other. Everyone of them have been right and wrong at different times. There're guys on this board that have been just as right or wrong as those guys on TV. In the end, we have to wait and see what happens. I don't believe at this point that Tannehill will be there at 8 and I doubt we'll move up for him so all this is academic as this point.

Ozzy rules!!

ROADRUNNER
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
My god ESPN at it again.............

Pinkboy
03-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Cleveland kicked Miami's A$$ on the field for two years in a row now.

yes, miami is on cleveland's level or worse.

Wake up and stop overrating the dolphins because its a team filled with hacks and plugs, they are nothing special at all - just like cleveland

kloud_9
03-29-2012, 04:14 PM

Wake up and stop overrating the dolphins because its a team filled with hacks and plugs, they are nothing special at all - just like cleveland why are they picking #4 then and we are at #8...I don't recall them signing any players this off season.

OyeDale305
03-29-2012, 04:18 PM

Wake up and stop overrating the dolphins because its a team filled with hacks and plugs, they are nothing special at all - just like clevelandYup Cleveland gave a good spanking to the dolphins by a point. Cleveland sucks,the dolphins are way more talented team... The draft is going to mean a lot for the dolphins hopefully we pick the right guys.

Vertical Limit
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
why are they picking #4 then and we are at #8...I don't recall them signing any players this off season.
They also play in a division where 3 teams went to the playoffs. I can't even remember the last time we beat Cleveland but we are as bad as they are.

LikeUntoGod
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
WOW

Dueling talking heads...............

Are we drafting and running this team by what EPSN says we do?

kasaba13
03-29-2012, 04:34 PM
McShay LOVED Jamarcus Russell coming out of college. Enough said.

kloud_9
03-29-2012, 04:52 PM
They also play in a division where 3 teams went to the playoffs. I can't even remember the last time we beat Cleveland but we are as bad as they are. no one gives us the benefit of the doubt so don't give them that either...they're picking #4 we pick #8 and we have a new coach...A n-e-w c-o-a-c-h...didn't we say "tony was the problem"?well he ain't here anymore..so give the n-e-w c-o-a-c-h a chance to turn those fist pumps to touchdowns.I could of sworn this team was better than the one that went 11-5...they under achieved greatly till the end of the season.so let's see can he get the most out of this team and turn us into a consistent winner.

foozool13
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
No Way...stupid assesment by McShay.

Pinkboy
03-29-2012, 05:07 PM
lol at the pom pom wavers overrating the crappy dolphins again

when is the last time the Dolphags beat the Browns ?

again the Browns were in a division with 3 playoff teams. Miami was in a division with the crappy Bills and a jets team that mailed it in at the end of the season. Just 1 playoff team in the division vs 3. There is the difference.

Every year the same pom pom wavers overrating the team. The bottom line is there is not much talent on the team, It's filled with holes, a tremendous lack of leadership within the roster, a bunch of jokers, lazy bums, plugs, losers, quitters, and never has beens

getting rid of B. Marshall and the unmotivated fat lazy bum Vernon Carey were 2 steps in the right direction.

kloud_9
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM

again the Browns were in a division with 3 playoff teams. Miami was in a division with the crappy Bills and a jets team that mailed it in at the end of the season. Just 1 playoff team in the division vs 3. There is the difference. browns can't beat the jets or bills either...so what's your point?

insomnia411
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Both teams suck and neither team is a good fit for Tannehill because he sucks too. I'll be so pissed if we draft that ******* at 8 or higher. GOD FORBID we trade up for him, we have so many needs!

damanref10
03-29-2012, 08:02 PM
McShay LOVED Jamarcus Russell coming out of college. Enough said.

pretty sure Kiper had jamarcus as his number 1 also though but...

Kiper had Jimmy Clausen as his number 1 overall quarterback. and maybe number 1 overall.

both of them are off the deep end in my eyes

Phanatical
03-29-2012, 09:00 PM

again the Browns were in a division with 3 playoff teams. Miami was in a division with the crappy Bills and a jets team that mailed it in at the end of the season. Just 1 playoff team in the division vs 3. There is the difference.

Every year the same pom pom wavers overrating the team. The bottom line is there is not much talent on the team, It's filled with holes, a tremendous lack of leadership within the roster, a bunch of jokers, lazy bums, plugs, losers, quitters, and never has beens

getting rid of B. Marshall and the unmotivated fat lazy bum Vernon Carey were 2 steps in the right direction.

Ha ha ha, not sure i agree with the rest of what you said, but it's very hard to argue with your last sentence!

GO PHINS!~

LANGER72
03-29-2012, 09:11 PM
We are just as bad as Cleveland. Tannehill would be a good fit for either team. Just sayin.

chrisbaucom
03-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Clevelands defense is pretty good.

PhinzN703
03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
2nd worst team in the league huh? Well sure. Why not?

fishbanger
03-30-2012, 02:09 AM
Cleveland needs to be careful. If they draft Tannehill and give up on McCoy then McCoy will be finishing up his contract n a couple of years and FA for him. McCoy is a good QB. He needs to stop scrambling though.

SnakeoilSeller
03-30-2012, 07:46 AM
McShay is an idiot. He was an idiot before he made the ridiculous quote about Cleveland being a better team. He will be an idiot afterwards.

Pinkboy
03-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Cleveland needs to be careful. If they draft Tannehill and give up on McCoy then McCoy will be finishing up his contract n a couple of years and FA for him. McCoy is a good QB. He needs to stop scrambling though.

No. He isn't

Dolph N.Fan
03-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Lets see the last 4 meetings with Cleveland:

Browns 17 Dolphins 16
Browns 13 Dolphins 10
Browns 41 Dolphins 31
Browns 22 Dolphins 0

lol Only Miami could lose 4 straight to Cleveland in a series.

fishbanger
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM
McCoy is better QB then what we have on the roster. He was a third round pick.