PDA

View Full Version : browns might take tannehill

elite14eva
03-29-2012, 04:26 PM
NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports the Browns are "thinking of selecting" Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill with the fourth overall pick next month.

Several sources tell LaCanfora the Browns are "monitoring Tannehill closely and have favorable scouting reports" on the QB. The report doesn't tell us much more than was already assumed. With four weeks to decide whether to pull the trigger on Tannehill, the Browns have no reason to show other teams anything other than serious interest. For what it's worth, ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes the Browns are still "leaning against" drafting Tannehill or Brandon Weeden.
Related: Brandon Weeden (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden), Browns (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/cle/browns)

Kdawg954
03-29-2012, 04:29 PM
If they do, they do . . . trust me I'm not giving up my first next year (don't know if Minny trades down anyway with Kalil in their face) to trade up to 3 for Tannehill. I'll take my Floyd, Kuechly, Coples, Decastro, trade down, etc. and move on.

Casas9425
03-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Brandon Weeden looks like a better player anyway so no need to move up.

arammell
03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
If they do, they do . . . trust me I'm not giving up my first next year (don't know if Minny trades down anyway with Kalil in their face) to trade up to 3 for Tannehill. I'll take my Floyd, Kuechly, Coples, Decastro, trade down, etc. and move on.

I agree with this 100%
Who cares if they snag Tannehill? Let them take him because that means an elite player just moved one spot closer to us! I think we just stay put and take the best player available at DE or WR. I would love Kuechly, but I don't think you use the #8 on a LB

LikeUntoGod
03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports the Browns are "thinking of selecting" Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill with the fourth overall pick next month.

Several sources tell LaCanfora the Browns are "monitoring Tannehill closely and have favorable scouting reports" on the QB. The report doesn't tell us much more than was already assumed. With four weeks to decide whether to pull the trigger on Tannehill, the Browns have no reason to show other teams anything other than serious interest. For what it's worth, ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes the Browns are still "leaning against" drafting Tannehill or Brandon Weeden.
Related: Brandon Weeden (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden), Browns (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/cle/browns)

WOW, this is BREAKING NEWS

OyeDale305
03-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised they get Blackmon and Weeden

elite14eva
03-29-2012, 04:55 PM
we should trade down.

Locke
03-29-2012, 05:01 PM
I think they are trying to get some team to freak out and trade up for him...

J. David Wannyheimer
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
I think they are trying to get some team to freak out and trade up for him... Agree, it's the leverage game.

X-Pacolypse
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
The Browns aren't taking him you can smell the BS a mile away. Hell, if your downwind you can smell it from a couple of miles away.

rent this space
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I think they are trying to get some team to freak out and trade up for him...(cough, cough) like the Dolphins

Locke
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
(cough, cough) like the Dolphins

Exactly. If I were GM, I'd just sit back and let things unfold. I'd put money on the idea that Cleveland is looking to take Richardson/Blackmon at 4 and then Weeden at 21 or whatever their 2nd first rounder is...

TPD1479
03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
I'd rather take on of the WR anyway go with Moore this year and draft Barkley next year

Kdawg954
03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
No worries, it is mystery enough if Tannehill were to fall in our laps at 8 if Jeff Ireland would pick a QB . . . we know he isn't trading up to do it.

Kdawg954
03-29-2012, 05:18 PM
I'd rather take on of the WR anyway go with Moore this year and draft Barkley next year

I hate the next year argument, don't worry I said the same thing last year. But man it's not just Barkley . . . you got Bray, Wilson, Murray and Jones in the mix also. I'd love Tannehill at 8, but until I'm sure I got an answer at QB, I'm not trading any future first round picks where we could be missing out on a sure fire guy.

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
problem with waiting til next year is you end up winning some garbage ass games after starting 0 and october and you're right back in this same lame ass spot next year...that said if cleveland wants tanny at #4 i say more power to em...

BGtoKNfor6
03-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Cleveland has about as bad or worse of a track record than us at developing quarterbacks. So let them take on a potential "project". I am ready to roll with Moore/Gerrard and pick up other needed players like a pass rushing DE, linebacker or wideout. Honestly I am not getting my hopes up for anything Miami related. Usually set yourself up for extreme letdown. I am taking a wait and see approach this year with anything they do.

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 05:36 PM
we roll with moore and garrard all year and no b marsh catching passes and you will get yourself a top 8 pick again in 2013...unless philbins a freakin magician...it will just be another year of disappointment

VaPhinatic
03-29-2012, 05:36 PM
No worries, it is mystery enough if Tannehill were to fall in our laps at 8 if Jeff Ireland would pick a QB . . . we know he isn't trading up to do it.

I am thinking the same thing. What happens if Tannehill is there at 8 and Ireland either takes an OT/DE/BPA or trades down hoping to get Tannehill later or not at all? This forum will explode! Think Ginn/Quinn all over again.

RichmondWeb
03-29-2012, 06:05 PM
The best scenario for Miami is that TRich or Blackmon are still on the board at #8 and someone's willing to trade up to get them. If Tannehill goes to the Browns that pushes those two down into range. Plus: we could then get Weeden on the cheap as no one else left would be so desperate for a QB, they would need to reach for him. With two firsts or two seconds and two thirds (or a 2013 #1) we could manuever around and end up with Fleener, Hill, and Weeden with a pick or two left over for the D. Works for me.

RW

JerryD
03-29-2012, 06:28 PM
The Browns aren't taking him you can smell the BS a mile away. Hell, if your downwind you can smell it from a couple of miles away.

Oh, we know that smell!! .... after living in it 3-10 years??

Sounds like a prison sentence doesn't it? ... Hope we make probation with Tannehill!! Hope that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train!!

gregorygrant83
03-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Where would you guys rank Tannehill with Barkley, Bray, Wilson and Jones?

finfan54
03-29-2012, 07:48 PM

what he said.

this is a given: the nfl does not want miami to succeed at anything. particularly when we are beating the steelers and giants with minutes left in the game.

and i will say this until draft day unless something changes trade up wise and that is cleveland will absolutely take tannehill should he get passed us at 22. That is their true mindset IMO.

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
The best scenario for Miami is that TRich or Blackmon are still on the board at #8 and someone's willing to trade up to get them. If Tannehill goes to the Browns that pushes those two down into range. Plus: we could then get Weeden on the cheap as no one else left would be so desperate for a QB, they would need to reach for him. With two firsts or two seconds and two thirds (or a 2013 #1) we could manuever around and end up with Fleener, Hill, and Weeden with a pick or two left over for the D. Works for me.

RW

that best scenario thing for us you're talking about is not happening...cleveland is drooling over t rich and tampa is said to love him also and blackmon won't get by the rams...not happening

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Where would you guys rank Tannehill with Barkley, Bray, Wilson and Jones?

behind barkley behind wilson and in front of jones...haven't paid much attention to bray yet

TheWalrus
03-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Bray needs to eat a ****ing sandwich. Guy looks like he's 130 pounds. But he does have some natural throwing ability, as does Aaron Murray. The latter I think will end up a better prospect than Kirk Cousins.

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Bray needs to eat a ****ing sandwich. Guy looks like he's 130 pounds.

yeah and he's a arrogant son of a gun given that hang man body of his...someone needs to earhole him a few times

SF Dolphin Fan
03-29-2012, 11:30 PM
If they do, they do . . . trust me I'm not giving up my first next year (don't know if Minny trades down anyway with Kalil in their face) to trade up to 3 for Tannehill. I'll take my Floyd, Kuechly, Coples, Decastro, trade down, etc. and move on.This. I'm a big fan of Tannehill's, but he's no guarantee. If he's gone I go Kuechly and Cousins 1-2.

TheWalrus
03-29-2012, 11:38 PM
yeah and he's a arrogant son of a gun given that hang man body of his...someone needs to earhole him a few times

I actually like his arrogance. It's one of the traits that makes him good. That said, doing the throat slash after throwing touchdowns is classless and stupid... especially if you later throw an interception to lose the game and start weeping on national TV as a result.

That's not a good combination. If you're going to be that arrogant, go the full Dan Marino and blame someone else for your mistake.

hooshoops
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM
I actually like his arrogance. It's one of the traits that makes him good. That said, doing the throat slash after throwing touchdowns is classless and stupid... especially if you later throw an interception to lose the game and start weeping on national TV as a result.

That's not a good combination. If you're going to be that arrogant, go the full Dan Marino and blame someone else for your mistake.

hey i want my qb to have some arrogance...like marino did...loved it...but that stuff you pointed out should have people driving you into the ground when they get the chance...thats some low class trash behavior...you should pay for stuff like that